Crazy high gpu temps?!?!?!?

travisrowden

Getting CRAZY gpu temps with this game. i have a gtx 295 graphics card, i played the game for like 5 minutes and my comp shut down. let it cool down for a little and came back to it but watched my temps this time. I can play wow, skyrim and BF3 on ultra running 60fps+ and play for hours without ever reaching more then 85 C. I play this game for like 2 minutes and its already at 105+. turned on vertical sync and also kicked my GPU fan speed to 90% fixed and still it wont do a thing. I looked around a saw a lot of people having this issue, is there a way to limit frame rates to around 45 and see if that would work? anyone that has fixed this issue please help!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evga x58 classified motherboard

intel i7 920 cpu

nvidia gtx 295 video card

Idle temps in windows with nothing else running sits around 70 C with nothing open, running other games on ultra with 60 fps it gets to around 85 C with the fan running 50-60%. Is there a way to just turn down the max FPS star wars allows?

SWTOR is new and its kinda demanding. Abit to much if u ask me but I can handle it.

Im more worried over your temperatures. 70 isent an OK idle temp its barely OK on load. Normaly motherboards "burnings shields" that prevent CPUs from getting overheated is cutting power to comp at 80C. Ok graficcards are a bit higher but I would oversee that card if I were u.

My cards are at 45 in idle and 60 at heavy load.

What u can do more is check your drivers. Try install an older one.

Do not use a third party driver.

If u have "tuned" your card try to remove it.

If still nothing helps, try to do a clean install of SWTOR.

Still get trouble I would create a ticket.

evga x58 classified motherboard

intel i7 920 cpu

nvidia gtx 295 video card

Idle temps in windows with nothing else running sits around 70 C with nothing open, running other games on ultra with 60 fps it gets to around 85 C with the fan running 50-60%. Is there a way to just turn down the max FPS star wars allows?

85C while playing intensive games is normal for a nvidia gtx card and without extra cooling!

I DONT have any problems but my card always run up to almost that temperature!

It's pretty simple to solve the issue.

Go in preferences, graphics, and enable Vertical Sync.

Technically speaking, if you leave that option disabled, your gpu will use all computational power to render scenes at crazy frames per second even when not needed.

By activating that option, your gpu will be forced to keep frames per second sync'd to your monitor refresh, usuallu 60 hz, so 60 fps which is more than enough to play smooth.

I hope it helps, I solved my issue with my 2 gtx 480 in SLI in that same way.

I had some really bad temperature problems in beta but have brought them down to about 70 -72 on load. Before I would hover at ~88 *C .

Things I found out.

1. For whatever reason. The EVGA GTX 560Ti Superclocked that I use on average runs about 5 degrees hotter if you are running multiple displays. Even on idle.

To test this yourself switch to only 1 display and watch your temperatures to see if this applies to you.

2. The game runs about 6-8 degrees cooler if you run in Fullscreen Fullscreen mode. As opposed to Fullscreen ( Windowed ).

3. The game naturally runs cooler with this "retail" build that we are playing right now compared to early beta.

4. Turn off Bloom. Saves you several degrees right there.

Hope this helps. May not be completely accurate but mostly.

Edited by SamuraiPumpkin

I had the same problem, after 15 minuts of gameplay i had total mess with artifacts on my screen and had to shut down my PC to avoid burning.

my specs quadro 2.6gghz, 8 gb ram, geforce gtx 295.

To solve problem i removed video card, open it's case and removed all the dust inside gtx-295 sandwich using air preasure cleaner. Cleaning only radiators wont help.

After that I setup max settings with AA enabled in SWTOR and played 10+ hours without any problem.