HK-51 at Level 1?

Fenomen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, but the question is, why would you?!

Because I really like the off planet part amd want to be able to do it again. And having hk with a character at low level is equivalent to god mod. Even the Blue-cyan crystals made the game so easy as to be dull. Hk would be even more extreme, I imagine.

Edited by errant_knight

His gear doesn't work but he can still execute his moves with whatever presence bonus you can give. I left his gear untouched and he still had almost 3k health and he was hitting like a truck. Fun for duels and soloing heroics under level... But he wasn't much better than any other companion you get and he doesn't give conversation points for quest choices that I saw. Edited by WaywardOne

If you have HK as comp on a low-level-char, do you get gear for him as questrewards?

I have noticed on my Shadow that droid armor does drop with far more regularity than it had. However, she's not a very high level (only level 20), so I'm not sure if that's just the gear that randomly drops for C2 or if that is a conscious effort on BW's part to get HK geared on the lower-level characters.

I have noticed on my Shadow that droid armor does drop with far more regularity than it had. However, she's not a very high level (only level 20), so I'm not sure if that's just the gear that randomly drops for C2 or if that is a conscious effort on BW's part to get HK geared on the lower-level characters.

It's random drops, mainly for the jedi knight's T7. I've been getting them with my low level trooper. it goes away eventually though, so then you'll have to buy.

Only unlock and use the HK on your starter planet. Beyond that he is completely worthless as his lack of gear is severely punishing. I actually unlocked him by mistake on a 20 something Vanguard. BIG mistake as he is completely naked. No benefit from gear and he lasts less time than it takes to bubble-hearth.

Only once you and therefore him becomes 50 does his gear "unlock" and become useful. Huge oversight on the companion.

Only unlock and use the HK on your starter planet. Beyond that he is completely worthless as his lack of gear is severely punishing. I actually unlocked him by mistake on a 20 something Vanguard. BIG mistake as he is completely naked. No benefit from gear and he lasts less time than it takes to bubble-hearth.

Only once you and therefore him becomes 50 does his gear "unlock" and become useful. Huge oversight on the companion.

Just equip him in lvl appropriate gear. At lvl anything he's the best DPS companion to use.

Just equip him in lvl appropriate gear. At lvl anything he's the best DPS companion to use.

You don't even have to equip him, honestly. I don't have the human presence bonus, just a couple companion story unlocks. Day 2 of the patch, I got HK on my level 18 Shadow, bought him a cheap green sniper and core off the GTN, and took him into the field. And he occasionally pulled aggro off me, in tank stance, with just those two pieces of green equipment and otherwise completely naked. Admittedly no player tank is particularly tanky prior to ~lvl 30 or so, but it's still not trivial to steal hate from a kinetic Shadow who's paying attention.

Actually gearing him up is super-easy, too. Every single quest that awards companion items now awards droid items. Might have been a 1.4 thing? It's been true for a while, anyway. They're usually green moddables, even, so despite all being set up with tank stats you can swap in Aim/crit stuff easily if you have it.

He's definitely worth it if you're hankering for a DPS companion. He's brutal, he's entirely single-target so he'll never break CC on you, every sixth kill is free (makes heroics easy when you can casually take a silver out of the picture from the start), and you don't have to gear him particularly well for him to keep up.

All those oranges in the bank is a little annoying, though. I need that space for my obsessive orange chestpiece collection!

Edited by Quething

You don't even have to equip him, honestly. I don't have the human presence bonus, just a couple companion story unlocks. Day 2 of the patch, I got HK on my level 18 Shadow, bought him a cheap green sniper and core off the GTN, and took him into the field. And he occasionally pulled aggro off me, in tank stance, with just those two pieces of green equipment and otherwise completely naked. Admittedly no player tank is particularly tanky prior to ~lvl 30 or so, but it's still not trivial to steal hate from a kinetic Shadow who's paying attention.

Actually gearing him up is super-easy, too. Every single quest that awards companion items now awards droid items. Might have been a 1.4 thing? It's been true for a while, anyway. They're usually green moddables, even, so despite all being set up with tank stats you can swap in Aim/crit stuff easily if you have it.

He's definitely worth it if you're hankering for a DPS companion. He's brutal, he's entirely single-target so he'll never break CC on you, every sixth kill is free (makes heroics easy when you can casually take a silver out of the picture from the start), and you don't have to gear him particularly well for him to keep up.

All those oranges in the bank is a little annoying, though. I need that space for my obsessive orange chestpiece collection!

And /end thread because this post says it all.

• 2 years later...
im wondering do i have to pay the 350 CC for every alt i want him on or is this account wide unlock like most everything else

There is no account-wide HK-51 unlock. You need to pay either cc or 1 million credits to unlock him PER CHARACTER.