"The login service is currently unavailable"

Oravaonu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes get past the log ing screen (though I got the same error) and when i do, I can't get past the loading screen. :mad:

Same here....just sits at loading screen turning it's wheel....

UPDATE: after sitting and turning for about 15 minutes, my character screen came up and I was able to log on to my toons.

Edited by Kolvan

You're under the assumption that it just failed on it's own and that they're not right there tinkering with it as we speak since it's the day after a big patch. Just like 100 times previously they have no issue with yanking things down unannounced if it's outside of peak US time.

No, I'm sure they are aware of problem and trying find solution but they have nothing yet.

And buy the way problems started today, after minor patch, not yesterday after major patch.

Yesterday, after servers come up, personally had no problems getting in to game.

I sometimes get past the log ing screen (though I got the same error) and when i do, I can't get past the loading screen. :mad:

Ditto --

But I'm also sometimes getting "Incorrect Cartel Market Purchase Link" ... whatever that is.

Time to go to the barber shop. Hopefully by the time I get back, things will look cleaner (both on my skull and on the servers).

Edited by Moonglum

Stuck too. Not surprised. Same devs that took one of the most valued IPs in history and made a game that completely screwed up launch day (8 hour log ins), then had to do server consolidations, and then switch to free to play in less than a year. And then with nearly every single update, they screw something up to extend maintenance that lasts 10+ hours and/or screw up the log in process. Really? Nearly every time? Is there no accountability there? Are these replacement devs? Who knows, maybe replacement devs could do better...

Quality certainly does not seem to be any type of priority (shocking right?).

I bet a new guy tripped over some network cables in the server room and is trying to figure out where they all go before he has to ask for help.....

Or it is a secret infiltrator from the Chinese Military seeking to destroy western entertainment to throw the world into havoc, their first stop was BioWare's Star Wars: The old Republic, their second stop? The World.

....Okay, maybe the network cables work better. c:

[serious] I'm getting the same thing too. Not much I can add to it though, Here's to hoping they get it fixed faster then Han Solo's trigger finger. [/serious]

Edited by loud_skies

So much melodrama... Hey guys guess what sometimes MMOs go down for a while. Sometimes it isn't even the developers fault. Stop crying and find something to occupy your time.

PS: It's my day off and I was going to play all day, oh well now I will do something else for a bit.

Oh pulease!! here wait I will give the compensation to you...

so 20 hours...lets see...yep..

So heres your $0.49

have fun! :)

If this were Star Trek, we could sling-shot around the Sun, go back in time to when $0.49 could buy a frikkin house and we'd be set! :)

So much melodrama... Hey guys guess what sometimes MMOs go down for a while. Sometimes it isn't even the developers fault. Stop crying and find something to occupy your time.

PS: It's my day off and I was going to play all day, oh well now I will do something else for a bit.

Thanks, that helped a bunch!

You know, this is subscribers having this issue. If you are F2P you can't post on here to let Devs know just how serious and big this issue is at this time. I got kicked out in middle of boss fight in HK questline and not been able to log back in for at least 30 min and counting. So with just us saying something here, I can only imagine how many F2P also having the same problem and this is turning out to be a huge issue for them by now. Time for a fix Devs...

F2P can however post on FB and Tweet and get their attention as long as they are asking for help and not trashing the game they will be within the game contract, maybe get some attention there, cause it's not getting done posting here it seems.

Just wanna play the game lol.....