Republic: Where are your PvP healers?

Skolops

Well, I've only been back for a few days now but without question, when the Republic has done poorly in wzs its almost invariably happened without any heals. I played on Fatman (as Imperial) before the first round of transfers and on Pot5 as Republic just after them. There were always good healers around. These days, I've hardly seen any healers on the Republic side (which I'm playing primarily) and none that have stuck out to me as top notch - though admittedly I've only seen them a few times.

So, essentially - we need heals if we want to succeed!

We're all Empire now, because Republic Healers got tired of healing stupid. Join us!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Well, since all of the cowards went to imp side, I've decided to go to pub side. Winning on the pub side is so much more fun since the majority of epeens are on imp side. With that being said, I'm always down to grp, with or without heals, hit me up :)

someone, who creates an accurate account of high end players...

Then what high end healers would you propose to be the good rep side? And if you want to talk **** about a large list of rated tier healers, you should at least say who you are. Otherwise you just appear to be completely unqualified to talk, which is most likely the case.

I admit I left a lot of names off the list, Footprint, for example. It was not supposed to be a "best of," list, just names I remembered at the time.

Edited by InvalidID

dont worry, he/she doesnt recognize your name because the person spelled it wrong.

it is ßubbles, not Bubbles.

Not really. This is how I would rate Bubbles. Can not multi task. Lacks ability to through out stuns when being pressured. Only seen her use the aoe grenade stun which doesn't have them actually target an opposition. Yes, healers should be able to buy themselves more time. Bubbles easily gets shut down if you have one or two melee on her, even when guarded.

Edited by Jarfunkz

Then what high end healers would you propose to be the good rep side? And if you want to talk **** about a large list of rated tier healers, you should at least say who you are. Otherwise you just appear to be completely unqualified to talk, which is most likely the case.

I admit I left a lot of names off the list, Footprint, for example. It was not supposed to be a "best of," list, just names I remembered at the time.

I have who I am in my sig, it isn't a very impressive sig, I won't waste more than 10 seconds making one.

Not really. This is how I would rate Bubbles. Can not multi task. Lacks ability to through out stuns when being pressured. Only seen her use the aoe stun which doesn't have them actually target an opposition. Yes, healers should be able to buy themselves more time. Bubbles easily gets shut down if you have one or two melee on her, even when guarded.

I have played with bubbles back at reported @ fatman for like 200 matches, so i know what im talking about, bubbles can correct me if im wrong but im the person who co-healed with her for the most amount of ranked matches, althought we almost never pug together =(.

Bubbles was already a solid healer when i started to play with her, solid at the level that peolpe become in the "confort zone" and stop improving. Which is the case of the 99% scoundrel healers i know, especially because its piss easy to put good numbers with this spec, althought numbers mean nothing in PvP, except for DAMAGE TAKEN, which is the only number that actually tracks a healers skill (low damage taken = low self healing = more team healing = not letting the enemy team pressure train you).

The problem is that if you choose the path of skill (low damage taken, pillar, kiting, heavy CC, clutch healing instead of "rotational pve heal bot") your numbers plummet down a lot (less damage taken = less self healing is the culprit) and you now for scrubs HPS = skill unfortunately.

Maybe it was the everyday rated match talk with me (im multi glad ex-tournament level discipline priest, totally retired now tho) or by her own devices (shes crafty, especially with healing and glutten free muffins) but when i came back to check on swtor bubbles was even better than she was before, and seriously, bubbles makes mistakes, i make mistakes, austin peckenpaught makes (a lot of mistakes) but i dont think i have seen a healer like her, granted i dont know all the sawbones in this game, hell i dont even know all the sawbones in p5 but i can say that bubbles is the most complete healer ive ever been paired with in this game, and i highly doubt some sawbones is as close as she is from the class skill cap, whoever thinks differently must prove it or bust.

1 - "Bubbles cant multitask"

She can not only use the only sort of reliable ranged burst avaliable to her spec (explosion probe) but she can cap (******cap), she could work more on sapping but shes rarely assigned as sap capper so we cant gauge that. She also talks a lot to the team, and to her cat obviously. Sure theres always room for improvement but thats multi tasking enuff for me, check her damage done, its always nearing 100kish, all this while maitaining good healing.

2 - "Bubbles cant stun opposition target derp"

You are trolling the wind here. AFAIK flashbang is a targeted aoe skill. Its an AoE soft stun but its not ground targeted (like a nade) its single target, we can call it a "cleave stun" so i cant really grasp what are you talking about. She uses her stuns all right, and she mostly use it to assure caps when its needed, good teamplay overall.

3 - "You dog**** bcz i kill you 2v1 skillzor dps i am kill healer rawr"

Every player (be it a healer or not) is bound to get shutdown at a 2v1. Notice you used the word "shutdown" not killed. This is very important, if there are 2 people on you and they dont kill you, even if you cant "heal the world" but you stay alive you are winning, because your team will have breathing room on the other side of the battle. Also, about melee kiting, bubbles is the only sawbones i saw who CONSISTENTLY uses "roll into cover" as a reliable kiting tool.

Most important thing about bubbles, shes a C*NT, a very sick one i might say.

PS: C*NT, dont get cocky eh? Keep improving because theres always room for it, if you keep playing this game that is.

Edited by Laforet

My contribution to the healing debate:

99% of the sawbones/operatives ride the OP FOTM train and are carried by their piss easy 2 button facerrol healing class, even if you put 1quazillion HPS that doesnt make you good in PvP. Bubbles being the exception to the rule.

Pwnsaur is a very skilled sorc, mad props. The fact that no one invites this guy into rateds tells us a lot about the imperial rated teams captains and how well they know the game or recognize talent. =)

Hostile takeover used to have a good scoundrel healer, blacksoul?

Unfortunately there were a bunch of good healers in my original server but a lot of skilled people quit. I actually know more skilled healers that quit than skilled healers who are currently playing. Very sad.

Any AoE healing sorc = liability to the team and prolly is getting carried or roflstomping low tier noobs. Control hybrid is the way to go. If you think bubblestun screws resolve you are just plain stupid or your sage needs to l2p. I play bubblesage since 1.2 hit and i have never did inconvenient resolve fill, and bubble added more resolve back then.

One tip: dont bubblespam your team all of the time (except in the 1st rush, to break momentum), use it wisely son!

Another tip: players can cancel the bubble buff and trigger stun, so why the heck your team doest use manual bubble dispel as an melee seismic nade instead of crying that "bubblesorc fills resolve".

"You are wrong im a good healer because i put moar HPS than you"

Ok then, PvE is that way ------------>

Dont hate, thats my opinion and i know that im blunt, i call it like i see it.

Edited by Laforet

My contribution to the healing debate:

99% of the sawbones/operatives ride the OP FOTM train and are carried by their piss easy 2 button facerrol healing class, even if you put 1quazillion HPS that doesnt make you good in PvP. Bubbles being the exception to the rule.

Pwnsaur is a very skilled sorc, mad props.

Hostile takeover used to have a good scoundrel healer, blacksoul?

Unfortunately there were a bunch of good healers in my original server but a lot of skilled people quit. I actually know more skilled healers that quit than skilled healers who are currently playing. Very sad.

Any AoE healing sorc = liability to the team and prolly is getting carried or roflstomping low tier noobs. Control hybrid is the way to go. If you think bubblestun screws resolve you are just plain stupid or your sage needs to l2p. I play bubblesage since 1.2 hit and i have never did inconvenient resolve fill, and bubble added more resolve back then.

One tip: dont bubblespam your team all of the time (except in the 1st rush, to break momentum), use it wisely son!

Another tip: players can cancel the bubble buff and trigger stun, so why the heck your team doest use manual bubble dispel as an melee seismic nade instead of crying that "bubblesorc fills resolve".

"You are wrong im a good healer because i put moar HPS than you"

Ok then, PvE is that way ------------>

Dont hate, thats my opinion and i know that im blunt, i call it like i see it.

so, what you're trying to say, is that we should nerf operatives?

At this point of the game no, because DPS is very stronk and healing nerfs to the most popular RWZ healing class would do no good to anyone.

Leveling the commando/merc to sawbones level of healing while keeping sage as a "niche" control hybrid healer is good enough for me.

When i say buff commandoes im not saying to give them the same HPS ceiliing / HoT power of sawbones, god no. Mandos are naturally toughter with heavy armor and defensive/ininterruptable CD and all, what needs buffs is that their HPS ceiliing should go a bit higher because they are worst at counter bursting than sawbones and thats very sad to them. Less mobility, less utility, less healing capacity overall. Mandos make me a sad panda.

Sages are fine, just give us a def CD every 2 mins and we should be fine. If we had a "dispersion" like skill would be fair, taking no damage for a short period of time but also doing no healing.

Add a 3 secs internal CD on free emergency medpack and sawbones is balanced IMO.

Edited by Laforet

At this point of the game no, because DPS is very stronk and healing nerfs to the most popular RWZ healing class would do no good to anyone.

Leveling the commando/merc to sawbones level of healing while keeping sage as a "niche" control hybrid healer is good enough for me.

When i say buff commandoes im not saying to give them the same HPS ceiliing / HoT power of sawbones, god no. Mandos are naturally toughter with heavy armor and defensive/ininterruptable CD and all, what needs buffs is that their HPS ceiliing should go a bit higher because they are worst at counter bursting than sawbones and thats very sad to them. Less mobility, less utility, less healing capacity overall. Mandos make me a sad panda.

Sages are fine, just give us a def CD every 2 mins and we should be fine. If we had a "dispersion" like skill would be fair, taking no damage for a short period of time but also doing no healing.

Add a 3 secs internal CD on free emergency medpack and sawbones is balanced IMO.

I have played with bubbles back at reported @ fatman for like 200 matches, so i know what im talking about, bubbles can correct me if im wrong but im the person who co-healed with her for the most amount of ranked matches, althought we almost never pug together =(.

Bubbles was already a solid healer when i started to play with her, solid at the level that peolpe become in the "confort zone" and stop improving. Which is the case of the 99% scoundrel healers i know, especially because its piss easy to put good numbers with this spec, althought numbers mean nothing in PvP, except for DAMAGE TAKEN, which is the only number that actually tracks a healers skill (low damage taken = low self healing = more team healing = not letting the enemy team pressure train you).

The problem is that if you choose the path of skill (low damage taken, pillar, kiting, heavy CC, clutch healing instead of "rotational pve heal bot") your numbers plummet down a lot (less damage taken = less self healing is the culprit) and you now for scrubs HPS = skill unfortunately.

Maybe it was the everyday rated match talk with me (im multi glad ex-tournament level discipline priest, totally retired now tho) or by her own devices (shes crafty, especially with healing and glutten free muffins) but when i came back to check on swtor bubbles was even better than she was before, and seriously, bubbles makes mistakes, i make mistakes, austin peckenpaught makes (a lot of mistakes) but i dont think i have seen a healer like her, granted i dont know all the sawbones in this game, hell i dont even know all the sawbones in p5 but i can say that bubbles is the most complete healer ive ever been paired with in this game, and i highly doubt some sawbones is as close as she is from the class skill cap, whoever thinks differently must prove it or bust.

1 - "Bubbles cant multitask"

She can not only use the only sort of reliable ranged burst avaliable to her spec (explosion probe) but she can cap (******cap), she could work more on sapping but shes rarely assigned as sap capper so we cant gauge that. She also talks a lot to the team, and to her cat obviously. Sure theres always room for improvement but thats multi tasking enuff for me, check her damage done, its always nearing 100kish, all this while maitaining good healing.

2 - "Bubbles cant stun opposition target derp"

You are trolling the wind here. AFAIK flashbang is a targeted aoe skill. Its an AoE soft stun but its not ground targeted (like a nade) its single target, we can call it a "cleave stun" so i cant really grasp what are you talking about. She uses her stuns all right, and she mostly use it to assure caps when its needed, good teamplay overall.

3 - "You dog**** bcz i kill you 2v1 skillzor dps i am kill healer rawr"

Every player (be it a healer or not) is bound to get shutdown at a 2v1. Notice you used the word "shutdown" not killed. This is very important, if there are 2 people on you and they dont kill you, even if you cant "heal the world" but you stay alive you are winning, because your team will have breathing room on the other side of the battle. Also, about melee kiting, bubbles is the only sawbones i saw who CONSISTENTLY uses "roll into cover" as a reliable kiting tool.

Most important thing about bubbles, shes a C*NT, a very sick one i might say.

PS: C*NT, dont get cocky eh? Keep improving because theres always room for it, if you keep playing this game that is.

This is all true. I was in plenty of games against her with some pretty darn good players on the Fatman. She's very, very difficult to kill even with 2 or 3 on her, and I have to say her team wasn't exactly dropping, either.

Sages don't need buffs. The bubble is bad enough as it is. Now, maybe you feel they're weak in some areas, and that may be so. However, its enormously outweighed by how strong that bubble is. Nerf that, and then we can talk about throwing in some buffs to some other area here or there.

Not really. This is how I would rate Bubbles. Can not multi task. Lacks ability to through out stuns when being pressured. Only seen her use the aoe stun which doesn't have them actually target an opposition. Yes, healers should be able to buy themselves more time. Bubbles easily gets shut down if you have one or two melee on her, even when guarded.

Bubbles knows that i think she is awesome and believer wrote a good 1000 word essay which summed up some of the things bubbles does that makes her great. I just wanted to say that for me, Vic has lost any amount of credibility when it comes gauging who is good, let alone "high end." If you dont know what the flash bang (a key skill for Smugs) does, you cant come close to accurately judging what a player can and cant do. Doesnt help that i think everything you said was also false but that was only secondary.

Oh, i guess i will add something to the damage portion of what believer said, bubbles uses Frighter Flyby. For Vic, that skill is also important for any smug because of how long you can cover an objective with it, how often you can use it, and how much damage it does. if that is too complicated, it is BIG fire last long time.

and Hi believer, good to see your still here. Doubt you remember me since i stopped playing around when you started doing rateds with Pony, bubbles, and the group.

PS, I'm not pretending Im a good player on my shadow (not anymore at least lol) so go right ahead with that comeback if you want :)

Edited by ForsakenKing

Bubbles knows that i think she is awesome and believer wrote a good 1000 word essay which summed up some of the things bubbles does that makes her great. I just wanted to say that for me, Vic has lost any amount of credibility when it comes gauging who is good, let alone "high end." If you dont know what the flash bang (a key skill for Smugs) does, you cant come close to accurately judging what a player can and cant do. Doesnt help that i think everything you said was also false but that was only secondary.

Oh, i guess i will add something to the damage portion of what believer said, bubbles uses Frighter Flyby. For Vic, that skill is also important for any smug because of how long you can cover an objective with it, how often you can use it, and how much damage it does. if that is too complicated, it is BIG fire last long time.

and Hi believer, good to see your still here. Doubt you remember me since i stopped playing around when you started doing rateds with Pony, bubbles, and the group.

PS, I'm not pretending Im a good player on my shadow (not anymore at least lol) so go right ahead with that comeback if you want :)

No, it is more fatman bs. Sorry, but that server wasn't even close to being as good as my original server when it only had 100 people on at a time. The skill of that server was extremely low. I heard it all, I was the best of this and that on fatman, I ran this and that on fatman, i had a 2600 rating on fatman... there was only one common theme with these players.... None of us wanted to run with them because they were horribads.

I am sorry if you guys don't like my account of your friend, kudos for standing up for her. I am sure that leaves a nice warm gooey special digital feeling all over the interwebs. But, it is really more along the lines of the internet tradition CaptainSaveAHo syndrome. oMG someone is being critical of a girl, she needs saving. In the end it is my grade for her gameplay and I assure you my definition of high end pvp is a much higher scale than your definition.

Two things can be done when being graded... cry or improve.

No, it is more fatman bs. Sorry, but that server wasn't even close to being as good as my original server when it only had 100 people on at a time. The skill of that server was extremely low. I heard it all, I was the best of this and that on fatman, I ran this and that on fatman, i had a 2600 rating on fatman... there was only one common theme with these players.... None of us wanted to run with them because they were horribads.

I am sorry if you guys don't like my account of your friend, kudos for standing up for her. I am sure that leaves a nice warm gooey special digital feeling all over the interwebs. But, it is really more along the lines of the internet tradition CaptainSaveAHo syndrome. oMG someone is being critical of a girl, she needs saving. In the end it is my grade for her gameplay and I assure you my definition of high end pvp is a much higher scale than your definition.

There is only one way to settle this.

1 vs 1 real life honour duel in Outlaw's Den.

When the first wave of server merges hit, there was a lot of "getting to know" one another on Pot5. I remember in particular one conversation I had with a guy where he insisted that his original server was at such a high level of PvP. "You may think you've seen good players," he said, "or understand PvP, but trust me... the PvP on my server was very serious. It was *real* PvP."

Well, I thought he may of course be right. Some servers are bound to have higher quality players than others. So, I reserved judgment.

After a few weeks of playing, it became quite clear that he was terrible. Most of his guild was, too. So, you can go and say that the real man's PvP was on your server, but in the end, it's really just words unless you can provide some hard evidence of that.

Fatman had a lot of baddies, to be sure. It also had some amazing players. Bubbles is one of them.

Edited by Skolops

When the first wave of server merges hit, there was a lot of "getting to know" one another on Pot5. I remember in particular one conversation I had with a guy where he insisted that his original server was at such a high level of PvP. "You may think you've seen good players," he said, "or understand PvP, but trust me... the PvP on my server was very serious. It was *real* PvP."

Well, I thought he may of course be right. Some servers are bound to have higher quality players than others. So, I reserved judgment.

After a few weeks of playing, it became quite clear that he was terrible. Most of his guild was, too. So, you can go and say that the real man's PvP was on your server, but in the end, it's really just words unless you can provide some hard evidence of that.

Fatman had a lot of baddies, to be sure. It also had some amazing players. Bubbles is one of them.

That is the way we on POT5 view fatman... It is like bloodfin all over again, talk talk talk... yet everyone is in a wheel chair.