12,000 Cartel Coins - This Is What I Got

DkSharktooth

As it is, there is simply not enough VARIETY of stuff in the packs, so you're going to get dupes even with the RNG. ...

I had asked on the PTS forum whether they would be changing the loot table to compensate for removing the relics but got no response. I would not be surprised if this has resulted in a lower chance in getting a very-rare item from a pack. I hope that they fix the animations for those relics and bring them back soon.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was what I was afraid of with a store. A form of Gambling, which shouldn't be allowed due to different ages that play. This is a sad that they have gone this route.

At least the items are tradable. If they weren't I would indeed call Bioware too greedy.

While I personally loathe the grab bag system, at least the superrare items are indeed rare and not every Jack and Joe have them. (Most (all?) are also only cosmetic so arguing about their rarity is rather stupid)

Im somewhat interested in seeing what market prices these things fetch.

Edited by Karkais

I like all the Molecular Stabilizers I got from the packs.

Noteworthy Items:

- Pink / Purple Color Crystals (x5) - Endurance (x3) / Crit / Expertise

- Throne (x2)

- Full Trailblazer gear

- Malgus Statue (x2)

- Artifact Pistol with targeting HUD

- Artifact Assault Cannon with glowy barrel exhaust

- Molecular Stabilizers (x32)

Things I wanted:

- Gizka :(

This is old news to anyone who went onto the PTS or took 2 minutes to look at any of the numerous threads regarding the cartel packs from what people on the PTS experienced.

I actually find this whole situation quite dishonest. Did any of the devs actually mention how much they changed the drop rates for when it went live? Will they answer for this?

I like all the Molecular Stabilizers I got from the packs.

Noteworthy Items:

- Pink / Purple Color Crystals (x5) - Endurance (x3) / Crit / Expertise

- Throne (x2)

- Full Trailblazer gear

- Malgus Statue (x2)

- Artifact Pistol with targeting HUD

- Artifact Assault Cannon with glowy barrel exhaust

- Molecular Stabilizers (x32)

Things I wanted:

- Gizka :(

That's quite a nice sum of stabilizers, worth a few million credits. I hope that people will flood GTN with it and can buy them for cheap :D I for one won't buy any of those packs. I'll grab some unlocks from the free CCs I got, and probably an outfit, and then just keep stacking the monthly coins I get for something that I want to buy again.

That's quite a nice sum of stabilizers, worth a few million credits. I hope that people will flood GTN with it and can buy them for cheap :D I for one won't buy any of those packs. I'll grab some unlocks from the free CCs I got, and probably an outfit, and then just keep stacking the monthly coins I get for something that I want to buy again.

Haha no, I am going to keep the stabilizers. I need those 27 mods. :p But yeah, I also bought all the cargo bay unlocks (max is now 5 tabs), account wide speeder 2 and 3 piloting (bugged and doesn't work for the entire legacy / account, so just a heads up), and the Outlaw's Armor Set, because I wanted thigh high boots for my sage, and the rest of the set isn't too shabby to throw on the market or use for a companion.

Edited by SDTAXantos

Advice to anyone who cares to listen:

+Buy rocket shoes + upgraded shoes for ~500 coins, and maybe the GTN terminal for the ~900 before anything else. Those two are about 8-9 million credits. You'll get a way better return if you just buy them outright with the accrued coins.

(They are global unlocks, btw).

Hmm, $80 on CC's or $80 for more alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, or ******s?.... Well least the CC's don't kill you, destroy you, or give you STDs.... Plus least that chance of something good may last more then a couple days of entertainment!

I got a bunch of worthless crap (to me) as well. I opened about 10 cartel packs. I received the double bladed saber and the commando weapon. I think the best thing I got was the hutt ball that can bounce off of peoples heads. I got the pink/purple saber but out of all the crystals I read about THAT is the one I did not want....lol. I was hoping for one of the cool holo things. I literally got everything I did not want. I saw something I liked and no way I was getting it. I bought 30 bucks worth of coins. I will buy 20 more today and if I get the same stuff then i'm done. I know it's the luck of the draw but it hurts my feelings....lol. I also got a droid probe, flying bat x2, that dog looking thing x2 and some gremlin looking pet. He is cool. I like him because he is so ugly. I also got the red and yellow glowing eyes. A credit pack that I opened and it came up with 64k credits. I guess that's not too bad but it's not something I really cared for.

I've said it over and over, but people weren't listening.

Buying the cartel packs [right now] is a complete waste of your money.

Wait until the second wave of stuff is added to them, AT LEAST the second wave, before you start flushing your money into them.

As it is, there is simply not enough VARIETY of stuff in the packs, so you're going to get dupes even with the RNG. A crap load of dupes that are going to be nearly WORTHLESS when the market gets flooded with them from everyone buying tons of packs on launch.

Wait. Be patient. Don't blow your money until at least the second wave. The chances of you actually getting stuff you want or stuff you can sell and make credits off of [to buy the stuff you want] will INCREASE.

And what happens if they remove first wave items from the packs when the second wave items hit?

Yea i spent most of my 8400 coins on the Crime lord packs... got no weapons, No thrown, no mask, 3 crystals and one " very rare" speeder.

The rest are just the common rares( like 7 Crimson sand crawler, 6 banners ...ect )... I know some ppl that opened 1/2 as many packs as i did and got all for different weapons, some got the mask and the thrown....

I feel like I did after I had opened up over 35+ BM bags and still hadnt gotten a token.... expect this time I spent real money.

EA is going to focus their efforts on the places people spend money.

With the number of people dropping serious cash on the gambling packs ($80 = over 5 months worth of subscription), they're certain to focus on these rather than adding content - flash points, war zones, etc.

GG players.

PS If you have so much disposable income that you don't care about blowing $80 gambling on ingame trinkets, please consider donating $5 or $10 to worthy charities like the American Red Cross or even the Big Fluffy Dog Rescue. It only takes a few minutes and can help immensely. Thank you.

Edited by DarthTHC