Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, will you ever be adding WoW style arenas?

tbowen

So how is having a PvP limit in OWPvP making it OWPvP? Just seems like it would be a 20vs20 Warzone...

I dind't say there was a limit. Just saying it can handle more than 8v8... Oh I also forgot the fact that in beta all the warzones were 12v12.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know plenty of pve'ers who left because lack of or not callenging enough pve content. So you're wrong.

Also aren't you the one who was calling nerfs on tankasin while back pedalling and keyboard turning?

Back-pedaling in this game doesn't matter. And most def wasn't keyboard turning. Nice try at trying to be witty, but here's a tip. In order to do that you have to be somewhat intelligent. Even funnier when your post history is full of QQing about other classes.

Let me guess, you're one of those people that I utterly destroyed back in the day?

Edited by AMKSED

WE have a way to compete. It's called rated war zones.

If you can't realize that arena in WoW was a constant balance issue then you're blind. It was stupid at all the buffs and nerfs that went on to the demand of the pvp'ers, who we all know aren't any MMO's main subscriber base, to ask blizzard to do the stupid **** they did.

I'm all for arena's in this game... Given it doesn't become the **** fest that it did in WoW and it provides NOTHING but entertainment period, meaning all you get is a rating and no rewards from it. Maybe a title or something at the end of the season for being on top? A mount... something dumb.

I'm well aware of RWZ and I do them. However, I already explained some of their limitations in my initial post. I can't just call up a buddy whenever and hop on for 30 minutes of RWZ like I could for arenas in WoW. You have to organize an 8-man group for RWZ, which means you rely more-so on: luck of having enough friends on, scheduling with guildmates in advance, pugging (headache), or a combination of all 3. Just puts many people off. I do enjoy RWZ, but I think arenas are also needed. Competetive PVP is much more accessible to everyone with an arena system. Not saying get rid of RWZ. Just add arenas.

Also, potentially less QQ from all the noobs as you can match teams by ratings...not practical with RWZ because of so few teams...then again there is always QQ

Back-pedaling in this game doesn't matter. And most def wasn't keyboard turning. Nice try at trying to be witty, but here's a tip. In order to do that you have to be somewhat intelligent. Even funnier when your post history is full of QQing about other classes.

Let me guess, you're one of those people that I utterly destroyed back in the day?

My post history is full of qq'ing about toher classes? Sure you didn't search yourself on accident there.

No i'm pretty sure you back pedal and keyboard turn then claim to be good... Which doing both those things makes you look like a scrub.

My post history is full of qq'ing about toher classes? Sure you didn't search yourself on accident there.

No i'm pretty sure you back pedal and keyboard turn then claim to be good... Which doing both those things makes you look like a scrub.

Sure we'll go with that.

But like I said, if you're going to try at sound smart then make it seem like you're somewhat intelligent first.

Derka derka back pedal derka derka keyboard turning derka derka I sure showed him derka derka!

Edited by AMKSED

I'm well aware of RWZ and I do them. However, I already explained some of their limitations in my initial post. I can't just call up a buddy whenever and hop on for 30 minutes of RWZ like I could for arenas in WoW. You have to organize an 8-man group for RWZ, which means you rely more-so on: luck of having enough friends on, scheduling with guildmates in advance, pugging (headache), or a combination of all 3. Just puts many people off. I do enjoy RWZ, but I think arenas are also needed. Competetive PVP is much more accessible to everyone with an arena system. Not saying get rid of RWZ. Just add arenas.

Also, potentially less QQ from all the noobs as you can match teams by ratings...not practical with RWZ because of so few teams...then again there is always QQ

Yeah it is a pain to get together a rated team sometime but setting times with guildies and having an array of guildies to fill spots as needed is probably a must if you want to do rwz's as much as possible.

And eh not enough population to put together a match teams by rating system nor is there an actual team rating system which would probably need to be put in too. Sure no one would have a problem with sticking to just one team anyways and the pugs can just join a team to grind their comms like they want.

Problem with Areans is. You will actually have to know how to play your class and do it well in order to be good at them. 99% of the people playing this game can't do that. So the bad players will always say no to them.

Have arenas be separate queues and maybe less premades in warzone queues? Seems a bit of a win win. Plus, I'm getting a bit sick of objective games since pub pvp has successfully turned me away from ever relying on my team to even move in a specific direction...

Sure we'll go with that.

But like I said, if you're going to try at sound smart then make it seem like you're somewhat intelligent first.

Derka derka back pedal derka derka keyboard turning derka derka I sure showed him derka derka!

I didn't make a thread that had like 800 pages crying about 1 class. *shrugs*

Not my fault you're bad and cried nerf.

I love PVP, my main is a fully geared and augmented WH healer OP. i would be fooling myself if i thought that the "BULK MAJORITY" <== of players in most MMO'S including this one were pvpers. the bulk majoritys are PVER'S and i can assure you if their toons are constantly nerfed and played with at the expense of pvp they will take their wallets elsewhere, and we can all agree this game cant afford that to happen at this point. We have competition in this game right now its called rated wzs, which would be much more challageing than a death match between a FOTOM 4 vrs 4. if you want an over hyped duel then go to Illium and duel. im certain if you spammed general there youd have plenty of that, or better yet flag yourself and camp a faction area.

there problem solved.

The majority of players are casuals that come and go, hit 50 (if that) and leave, maybe come back for a big patch or an expansion. So I guess they mainly quest and do the easy FP/OPs stuff which means they are PVEers of sorts, but I know many like that who PVP as well or just PVP (many more than I'd like to know). I don't know if the people who stick around tend to be PVPers or PVEers...but if pandering to only PVEers is the way to get people, and tinkering for PVP loses subs then why have PVP in the game at all? I'm not claiming PVP is more important than PVE but it is at least as important. With no PVP for a great deal of people, myself included, this becomes a sub-par co-op console game that they "beat" then leave.

What we need are wager matches....

You have to wager a piece of gear or a pile of credits and who ever wins the match gets the goods.

Nothing like the thought of losing something valuable to get the heart pumping.

disclaimer: i played Eve online for almost 4 years. Real pvp is when you die, and you lose everything you had on you.

Edited by Dacer

I didn't make a thread that had like 800 pages crying about 1 class. *shrugs*

Not my fault you're bad and cried nerf.

Oh you mean the class "I" play and that class that "DID" get nerfed because it "WAS" OP. Jesus man, stay in school.

Yeah it is a pain to get together a rated team sometime but setting times with guildies and having an array of guildies to fill spots as needed is probably a must if you want to do rwz's as much as possible.

And eh not enough population to put together a match teams by rating system nor is there an actual team rating system which would probably need to be put in too. Sure no one would have a problem with sticking to just one team anyways and the pugs can just join a team to grind their comms like they want.

I agree with your first two points, which is why I want arenas. lol. But I know most serious PVP teams wouldn't take random puggers for their real teams if the person just wanted to fill in unless they were exceptional. Being that there arent enough RWZ teams for a rating system to be implemented arenas are the perfect fill in for this. Arena teams are smaller and easier to come by, which means arenas are a good way for noob recruit/BM players to get into competetive PVP since they can make a team with their other recruit/BM friends and get paired up in the lower rating brackets and still be somewhat competetive within that bracket. (And no I am not saying that because I'm not geared and want an easier time for myself, my main is full EWH/WH, full augs, and fully re-modded with lvl 63 EWH mods)

Oh you mean the class "I" play and that class that "DID" get nerfed because it "WAS" OP. Jesus man, stay in school.

Oh cause the bads got beat up means it's op'ed? Riiight. Or the fact that normal war zones aren't a good way to tell how good or bad a class actually is because NEWS FLASH! this is all team based objective pvp if you didn't know.

Oh cause the bads got beat up means it's op'ed? Riiight. Or the fact that normal war zones aren't a good way to tell how good or bad a class actually is because NEWS FLASH! this is all team based objective pvp if you didn't know.

K, why are you still here? You've already proven you aren't intelligent. Be best if you just left it at that.

I agree with your first two points, which is why I want arenas. lol. But I know most serious PVP teams wouldn't take random puggers for their real teams if the person just wanted to fill in unless they were exceptional. Being that there arent enough RWZ teams for a rating system to be implemented arenas are the perfect fill in for this. Arena teams are smaller and easier to come by, which means arenas are a good way for noob recruit/BM players to get into competetive PVP since they can make a team with their other recruit/BM friends and get paired up in the lower rating brackets and still be somewhat competetive within that bracket. (And no I am not saying that because I'm not geared and want an easier time for myself, my main is full EWH/WH, full augs, and fully re-modded with lvl 63 EWH mods)

I'm all for arena as I said in a previous post.

I'm just not for constant balancing around the arena... That's what ruins it for me. A lot of the classes in this game shine so *********** bright with proper team support but when you put them in a smaller team situation they just do so terrible and then there are the classes that are the opposite of that, extremely well in small scale situations and terrible in large.

Plus you add in the way the different classes group utility works and it kinda starts to go even farther down hill for small scale situations.

Someone start up a web site where we can register and get a real arena system going on via server forums and that. We could probably calculate everything and it'd be fun to do and see how everything goes.

that's the best you have? Is QQ cause your'e bad and then to call other people bad? Eh you'll get better one day.

Where did I state anyone being bad? Like I said, intelligence is a key-factor in life bud. Might want to start up and get to work on those reading skills.

I'm all for arena as I said in a previous post.

I'm just not for constant balancing around the arena... That's what ruins it for me. A lot of the classes in this game shine so *********** bright with proper team support but when you put them in a smaller team situation they just do so terrible and then there are the classes that are the opposite of that, extremely well in small scale situations and terrible in large.

Plus you add in the way the different classes group utility works and it kinda starts to go even farther down hill for small scale situations.

Someone start up a web site where we can register and get a real arena system going on via server forums and that. We could probably calculate everything and it'd be fun to do and see how everything goes.

The balancing, if done properly, can be not so painful, even downright fun if classes are getting buffs. But yes the balancing is what can make or break PVP. Some teams will work better together than others against certain teams than others and there isn't much of a way around that besides making all classes exactly the same, which I don't think they'd do, but the only way to find out how classes would perform in meta-game arenas is to put them in so we can do them. I agree though. It would suck if they rambled through patch after patch making major changes, all we could do is hope they got it right (mostly) quickly. I believe there's a much greater reward for having arenas than there is risk averted by not having them.

Anything that could add variety to PvP at this point, I would appreciate.

Also I think 4-man Arenas would be a nice place for premades to compete against each other. Guild Wars 1 had a good Arena system, Random Arenas where you could not enter as a premade and Team Arenas where you could only enter as a premade team. No one complained about premades stomping pugs there, only about the lack of healers but I'm willing to take that risk if the other side is willing as well.

Also, arena-like areas are already in the game, so it wouldn't even have to be designed or anything. Just think of the final boss fight of Colicoid War Game that happens in an arena. Just make a copy of it and call it something else. It's as easy and cheap a solution as one gets to add variety to PvP.

Where did I state anyone being bad? Like I said, intelligence is a key-factor in life bud. Might want to start up and get to work on those reading skills.

I said you're bad. I heard you were bad in SWG too. Whats it like being an all around bad player at video games? Wasn't SWG super easy?

I said you're bad. I heard you were bad in SWG too. Whats it like being an all around bad player at video games? Wasn't SWG super easy?

Awww so this is what it's all about. Fanboys from SWG. Love it. Over a year after that game's been shut down I still have people wanting to take shots at me. GG kid, stay in school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.