An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Battle Meditation

Aurbere

I think Ackbar said somewhere in the Thrawn Trilogy about if Vader was in control of the Empire's Forces, the Rebel's would not have stood a chance.

Yeah, Vader and Thrawn could have won Endor without Battle Meditation. Thrawn moreso, imo.

Correction, Thrawn could've won back the entire galaxy and reinstated the Galactic Empire from the Imperial Remnant, if Sidious hadn't messed up his plans through jealousy.

You're absolutely right. Thrawn almost single handedly did what the whole Empire couldn't do. I still have no idea why the Empire would send such a masterful tactician away. I forget, was it his choice or did he get sent away?

Correction, Thrawn could've won back the entire galaxy and reinstated the Galactic Empire from the Imperial Remnant, if Sidious hadn't messed up his plans through jealousy.

Offtopic Question:

It always made me wonder if Thrawn ever thought of using the ysalamir against Palps and really gain control. Do you think he could have?

Offtopic Question:

It always made me wonder if Thrawn ever thought of using the ysalamir against Palps and really gain control. Do you think he could have?

Very good question! And I would like to know the answer to as well. With what we know of ysalamiri from the Thrawn Trilogy, I would say that it could work. But maybe Palpatine is just so powerful that he isn't affected by their... thing they do. I think it could work, but I'm not too keen on the ysalamiri info.

EDIT: I'm gonna do a quick Wookiee search

EDIT #2: So it seems possible as the lizards create a Force-neutralizing bubble. So it seems highly likely that Palpatine would lose his ability to use the Force when one of these creatures was present.

I say highly likely as Palpatine could just be so awesomely powerful with the Dark Side that he might not be affected by the Force bubble. Seems doubtful though

Edited by Aurbere

It leveled the playing field for Revan against Malek , he was drawing power off the StarForge and the captured Jedi he was syphoning their power !

So all we can do is What Ifs and Maybe's at this point.

Good Read as usual Aurbere !

I have no facts here, but I doubt that Bastila's battle meditation was enough to totally erase the advantage that Malak had (his advantage was drawing on the darksideness of the Star Forge and draining the life of the captured peoples).

Very good question! And I would like to know the answer to as well. With what we know of ysalamiri from the Thrawn Trilogy, I would say that it could work. But maybe Palpatine is just so powerful that he isn't affected by their... thing they do. I think it could work, but I'm not too keen on the ysalamiri info.

EDIT: I'm gonna do a quick Wookiee search

EDIT #2: So it seems possible as the lizards create a Force-neutralizing bubble. So it seems highly likely that Palpatine would lose his ability to use the Force when one of these creatures was present.

I say highly likely as Palpatine could just be so awesomely powerful with the Dark Side that he might not be affected by the Force bubble. Seems doubtful though

Luke was affected by it. But he was nowhere near his prime..

Luke was affected by it. But he was nowhere near his prime..

Yeah, but I don't think overall power or ability to command the Force would have an impact on the ysalamir field. From what I've read, they seem to create a field that neutralizes a Jedi/Sith's ability to use the Force.

Yeah, but I don't think overall power or ability to command the Force would have an impact on the ysalamir field. From what I've read, they seem to create a field that neutralizes a Jedi/Sith's ability to use the Force.

There's actually a very interesting story behind that. According to the annotations in the 20th anniversary edition of Heir to the Empire, a lot of fans were flipping out over the "anti-force" bubble and Thrawn's explanation of how it "pushed back" the force.

Zhan explains in the annotations that this was an example of an unreliable source (Thrawn is no expert on force anything) and that Thrawn was mistaken in how the field works. Word of God says that the Ysalimiri field actually lowers the amount of ambient force energy to such a low level that Jedi/Sith cannot draw upon it. The force is still there, there's just too little energy there to do anything with.

There's actually a very interesting story behind that. According to the annotations in the 20th anniversary edition of Heir to the Empire, a lot of fans were flipping out over the "anti-force" bubble and Thrawn's explanation of how it "pushed back" the force.

Zhan explains in the annotations that this was an example of an unreliable source (Thrawn is no expert on force anything) and that Thrawn was mistaken in how the field works. Word of God says that the Ysalimiri field actually lowers the amount of ambient force energy to such a low level that Jedi/Sith cannot draw upon it. The force is still there, there's just too little energy there to do anything with.

I would classify as one of those people, but I'm glad to see some clarification on that subject.

Hmm interesting post now that I think about I think sith marauder and jedi sentinel use battle meditation. Like sith marauder bloodthirst ability it increases the groups damage and healing strength is that battle meditation as well? That fits the description of battle meditation.