juggernauts and guardians

Malds

I have recently returned to the game in the last few days.

Did juggernauts and guardians receive a massive buff? they seem to be (every WZ i join) top of the dps by a long way.

I have noticed that a lot of the time they are out dpsing pure dps classes. Not to mention ripping me a new one every time i come up against them (tho my gear needs updating).

What the hell is going, it is a Tank class?

One of their DPS trees got a buff. Its actually about as good as it was pre 1.2 now (probably a bit better cause of the Combat Focus/Enrage buffs), the damage isn't really increased by much but the frequency of which they can put out attacks was increased by a large amount.

The problem with Focus/Rage spec used to be Focus/Rage issues and downtime between attacks where you couldn't do much, that has been solved in 1.4 and now its a spec that almost has too much resource and can use its strongest attacks more frequently.

One of their DPS trees got a buff. Its actually about as good as it was pre 1.2 now (probably a bit better cause of the Combat Focus/Enrage buffs), the damage isn't really increased by much but the frequency of which they can put out attacks was increased by a large amount.

The problem with Focus/Rage spec used to be Focus/Rage issues and downtime between attacks where you couldn't do much, that has been solved in 1.4 and now its a spec that almost has too much resource and can use its strongest attacks more frequently.

The damage and crit increase to vicious throw, the 30% armor penetration and ability to smash more often have all vastly improved damage output.

I have recently returned to the game in the last few days.

Did juggernauts and guardians receive a massive buff? they seem to be (every WZ i join) top of the dps by a long way.

I have noticed that a lot of the time they are out dpsing pure dps classes. Not to mention ripping me a new one every time i come up against them (tho my gear needs updating).

What the hell is going, it is a Tank class?

BW fixed sweep so that it has no delay, but I don't consider bug fixes a buff/nerf. Aside from that, they didn't really get a massive buff compared to the old days, but people like to think they did. Nothing much has changed from the old days. People whine that guardians can sweep more often now because of a new talent, which is only half true because sweep used to be 9s instead of 12s cd. But fact is, sweep damage is directly tied to leaps (for 100% crit), and force exhaustion/stasis/combat focus (their cds haven't changed).

Essentially, what I'm saying is that nothing much has really changed for focus spec from the old days. Focus back then was top or close to top damage always.

The damage and crit increase to vicious throw, the 30% armor penetration and ability to smash more often have all vastly improved damage output.

Extra crit on dispatch isn't that huge, 10% more armor penetration is nothing lols, and sweep used to have a 9s cd before it got nerfed to its current 12s so the talent that reduces sweep cd is just bringing it back to what it used to be. The spec hasn't really improved much in terms of output compared to it's old days. The sweep delay getting removed is the single biggest change, but if you were a good player you could land your sweep bombs anyways.