Gearing - mod question

JabulDFR

I'm about done with my WH set. It's time to start min/maxing it. Where do you all get your power/surge mods? The only thing I can see is from the off hand focus...or power generator or whatever it is. Is that where everyone gets the mod from? At 2,000 RWZ comms it's kind of expensive. Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks

Edited by JabulDFR

You can get similar mods from BM pieces but ultimately you will want WH mods eventually.

The main hands are now the fastest way to get WH mods as they don't require purchasing BM beforehand. You could get a bunch of BM pull the mods out and trade the shells for the WH corresponding piece, and you'll end up getting interim BM pieces and take longer to get your WH mods.

At any rate, you can get every good dps mod you need from main hands of the various classes so you don't ever have to actually buy a BM before a WH if you need a dps mod.

You really dont have to purchase extra pcs to rip mods out of. There are a few items that don't require a BM pc to trade that you can buy with straight comms that can do your min maxing for you. I have plain stalker set with a few Force Master implants and ear pcs. Those items alone can get your power and surge where you want them with out having to waste your rated coms. Edited by Xethis

You really dont have to purchase extra pcs to rip mods out of. There are a few items that don't require a BM pc to trade that you can buy with straight comms that can do your min maxing for you. I have plain stalker set with a few Force Master implants and ear pcs. Those items alone can get your power and surge where you want them with out having to waste your rated coms.

No kidding? I'll have to check that out. I didn't see implants with power/surge but probably just missed it. Thanks

No kidding? I'll have to check that out. I didn't see implants with power/surge but probably just missed it. Thanks

Yeah what the other guy said and also for the best mods its actually cheaper to purchase the main/off hand weapons as they only cost 2k comms and do not require the BM piece anymore. The offhands are nice because you can rip that armoring out and place them in a belt or bracer, note you can not do this with the Elite war hero.