I thought F2P was to build the playerbase?

Graydon

What if it's not the only subrsciption MMO you play ?

What if you still want to buy other games ?

I don't undestand your point. You just described me as a player. I play multiple MMOs concurrently... What is your point?

If you point is that you lack the funds... well..as pointed out.. life is full of choices and trade-offs.

I think the OP might have misunderstood the point of F2P. Bioware wants to sell the single player part of the game to more people - that's what F2P is. Single player. It just so happens that if you want pretty much ANY of the MMO features on top of that, you'll have to pay for them. This should also answer the question if you should continue to subscribe or not - if you like the game as you're playing it now, then you have to sub.

They just want to be able to sell more boxes in stores and have people play through the storylines. That's it. If they make some change on this or that feature, and get some players hooked on the mulitplayer part too, that's great - but the goal is not to expand the MMO player base (directly at least).

Edited by Asavrede

It's a brilliant strategy. They're going to lure people people in with the F2P offer, and then annoy them into subscribing!

Given the proven success of this game's ability to retain subs, it's sure to be a smashing success.

Same here.

Man up and admit, rather then contrive, IMO. :)

My OP stated that I will continue to subscribe. I also stated that I will be purchasing items from the CC shop.

I am going to sit here and bite my tongue when BW 6 months from now releases more quick bars as a last ditch effort to save f2p. BW's track record clearly shows they don't make very good decisions.

I think the OP might have misunderstood the point of F2P. Bioware wants to sell the single player part of the game to more people - that's what F2P is. Single player. It just so happens that if you want pretty much ANY of the MMO features on top of that, you'll have to pay for them. This should also answer the question if you should continue to subscribe or not - if you like the game as you're playing it now, then you have to sub.

They just want to be able to sell more boxes in stores and have people play through the storylines. That's it. If they make some chatnge on this or that feature, and get some players hooked on the mulitplayer part too, that's great - but the goal is not to expand the MMO player base (directly at least).

Then BW should call it the "Free to Play Single Player" conversion.

Edited by Graydon

]

I am going to sit here and bite my tongue when BW 6 months from now releases more quick bars as a last ditch effort to save f2p. BW's track record clearly shows they don't make very good decisions.

Everyone learns from their mistakes thats why we make them, really cliche answer I realize but its the absolute truth. I think it's fair to say that bioware can pick up the reins and fix their mistakes.

Yes, it is in fact a AAA game.

AAA means it is a high quality and high budget video game.

no,,if it really WAS an AAA title, they would have many more players

about 75% of the sold boxes are not even being used,,that should give u a clue

It's a brilliant strategy. They're going to lure people people in with the F2P offer, and then annoy them into subscribing!

Given the proven success of this game's ability to retain subs, it's sure to be a smashing success.

oh yea,,how can it go wrong? clearly, a F2P is more interested in the game, than those, who preordered,

and subbed. and since a F2Per has spent so much more time and money to find the game of his dreams,

he will discard any small flaws as negligable, and stay in his favorite game to the bitter end

oh yea,,how can it go wrong? clearly, a F2P is more interested in the game, than those, who preordered, and subbed. and since a F2Per has spent so much more time and money to find the game of his dreams, he will discard any small flaws as negligable, and stay in his favorite game to the bitter end

The impatient fanboys that pre-ordered and left are going to be kicking themselves for not staying loyal! We all know that if the devs are making questionable decisions it's because pushy players drive them to it! It's our duty as the loyal few to snuff out anything negative in the forums and keep on playing no matter what!

Once the F2P system hits, and everyone can buy armor reskins and carbonite healing chambers this game is going to have like 10 million subs! Everyone will be clamoring to come back and see all the new features and content. It'll be the Chevin event times a billion!

Any change on the 2 quick bar restriction?

Really hitting the bottom of the barrel charging for basic UI.

I will continue to subscribe and I will be spending loads of cash on the worthless cool stuff, but I really think potential players will walk away as soon as they realize that basic functions like THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE GAME .

I don't know anyone who only uses 2 hot bars.

How's the gaming media treating this decision? Getting positive press ?

Preferred Status players get 4 bars. You are a prefered status if you spend $4.99 or bought the game previously. If you bought it you got cartel coins as well so yeah it shouldn't be a problem.

It´s no problem for any who go from sub to f2p, but for a new player, i´m just not so sure it´s the right idea. You only get one chance and if the f2p people dont like the game they will just uninstall and never come back, nomatter how many extra features BW add to f2p.

Maybe it´s fine. I would make sure to advert the preferred status more than extra character slots and armors and bags and whatever. Then maybe it could work. The first 5$ is actually quite good value, if it´s sold right.

To be honest we were restricted to only 2 toolbars for quite a while since launch and we managed. Don't really see an issue here.

? Methinks you just didn't know how to turn on your extra toolbars, we've always had 4. Some people just didn't realize it until the new UI hit, but you've always been able to turn on the extra toolbars in the preferences.