pvp healer

CthulhuRyleh

I just have a simple question. I do not play a Merc or Commando but am thinking on making a Commando and going healing with it. I don't play these classes and I don't claim to know how good or bad they are in pvp, but everyone seems to realize how poor they perform in pvp. I would just like to know if this is just from a dps spec stand point, does a healer merc or commando have a more useful roll than a dps one would?

This is my personal opinion:

I have a Sorc healer and a Merc healer, alt.

I prefer Merc more. For me, heavy armor will be better than 10 bubbles Sorcerers can have. I feel the need to add that I have seen warriors having problems with killing a Merc healer but never a Sorc. Also, all my friends agree that guarded Merc healer is better than guarded Sorc.

Again, this is my opinion and many will disagree.:cool:

I just have a simple question. I do not play a Merc or Commando but am thinking on making a Commando and going healing with it. I don't play these classes and I don't claim to know how good or bad they are in pvp, but everyone seems to realize how poor they perform in pvp. I would just like to know if this is just from a dps spec stand point, does a healer merc or commando have a more useful roll than a dps one would?

Currently leveling a commando healer and he is at lvl 35 atm. If I freecast I can put up 350k healing at least. What I do have trouble with is ammo management, cast times and few abilities to heal myself while on the move. If I don't crit on the heals I can't keep anyone up that are being attacked by a smasher or other high bursters. I usually let them die and focus on people that has a chance to survive unless we'll cap the point if I can keep him alive. I do hope it gets better when I get bacta infusion in a few levels.

I have both a commando and sage healer in full WH. With the 1.4 changes, sorcs are better than commandos now because of bubble stun. However, BW has said they are going to nerf bubble stun in some way in the future, so if that happens, commando might be better than sage (depends on what the nerf is exactly).

Personally, I think you should go with a sage because if you ever feel like dps on your char, a sage is better off than a commando for dps.

This is my personal opinion:

I have a Sorc healer and a Merc healer, alt.

I prefer Merc more. For me, heavy armor will be better than 10 bubbles Sorcerers can have. I feel the need to add that I have seen warriors having problems with killing a Merc healer but never a Sorc. Also, all my friends agree that guarded Merc healer is better than guarded Sorc.

Again, this is my opinion and many will disagree.:cool:

Nah, not even close lol. Cheers though.

I have both a commando and sage healer in full WH. With the 1.4 changes, sorcs are better than commandos now because of bubble stun. However, BW has said they are going to nerf bubble stun in some way in the future, so if that happens, commando might be better than sage (depends on what the nerf is exactly).

Personally, I think you should go with a sage because if you ever feel like dps on your char, a sage is better off than a commando for dps.

I don't consider hybrid sage builds to be called "healers" if they sacrifice 7 points to get bubble stun.

You really can't go hybrid on commando. You're either DPS or heals,

But yes, I'd agree (from DPS point of view) a well-played sage is easier to kill than a well-played commando healer. If I (as combat sent) get a sage away from his tank for 4-5 seconds... He's probably dead. Same is not true for a commando medic.

I think commando in its current incarnation is difficult but not impossible to play well. For the average player, go play something else. But if you really have ammo management down, know your rotation / role, I think commandos are awesome.