Is TOR available to play from India?

Jamus_Divinus

A friend would like to know if he can play the game from India without downloading all 30 GB before finding out he can't play.

Can't he just download the trial from this website and then upgrade to a full sub after that?

At launch the game wasn't currently available in his region.

I ask as I have no idea how the 'red zone' issues ended up.

Thanks in advance.

The game should be going Free to Play "soon". I would expect that to mean within a couple of weeks, maybe less, but no more than a month.

I would advise your friend to hang on for that and then try it for free (assuming he has unlimited download). I don't think you're banned from playing in any country, you just may not have servers as close to your location as you'd like.

I would also say that it's definitely worth your friend trying, as the class stories are great while levelling up, and (personally) I find the endgame PvP a lot of fun too. Many others go for the endgame operations (PvE raids in SWTOR-talk).

As to servers, your friend can choose to create characters anywhere - but in his case I'd choose European or Oceanic servers. Oceanic servers are (probably) closer, he'd have a better idea than me. To see how they compare, he could just create a basic character on each and check the ping (easily done in-game). European servers are better populated, but with F2P coming there will be more on the Oceanic too, and I don't think they're "dead", just not as full-time busy as European ones.

Edited by Wainamoinen

The game should be going Free to Play "soon". I would expect that to mean within a couple of weeks, maybe less, but no more than a month.

I would advise your friend to hang on for that and then try it for free (assuming he has unlimited download). I don't think you're banned from playing in any country, you just may not have servers as close to your location as you'd like.

I would also say that it's definitely worth your friend trying, as the class stories are great while levelling up, and (personally) I find the endgame PvP a lot of fun too. Many others go for the endgame operations (PvE raids in SWTOR-talk).

As to servers, your friend can choose to create characters anywhere - but in his case I'd choose European or Oceanic servers. Oceanic servers are (probably) closer, he'd have a better idea than me. To see how they compare, he could just create a basic character on each and check the ping (easily done in-game). European servers are better populated, but with F2P coming there will be more on the Oceanic too, and I don't think they're "dead", just not as full-time busy as European ones.

It's going F2P next Thursday.