Playing as Empire just feels... right.

dogmaticus

So after playing as a Jedi Knight for some time, I decided to roll a Sith. Sith Warrior was my first ever toon. I made it during beta, leveled up a bit and had loads of fun. Eventually however I leveled a Sorcerer to his 30's, and then stopped playing for some time (work life can sometimes be so annoyingly time-consuming ;) ) and then rolled a JK, who is my main now.

But today I decided to start again with the Sith Warrior and... it just feels right. For some reason the Empire side, especially the Sith classes, seem much more "StarWarsy" to me. There's much more misticism to them, something's so much more appealing about them.

And I was wondering - are there people who really prefer the Republic, and find the widely understood Jedi experience more in the spirit of Star Wars, then the Sith side? (I guess it's a personal preference in the end...)

I'm one of those. I started out playing Republic characters, and although I've dabbled with a Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent up to around level 20, I've kept the Republics as my mains, so much so that I now have a 50 Commando, a 50 Scoundrel, and now a 46 Guardian and 30 Vanguard that I'll be leveling to 50.

For some reason, I just can't get into the Imperial stories.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is the best class to play through on the Imperial side, in terms of story?

I wanted to go through all the planets once, but stopped on my Agent because I thought perhaps I'd rather be playing a force-user.

Is the Warrior story really as good as the Agent's?

Chose the Agent solely based on many folks claiming it's the best story in the game. Currently at level 24, and wouldn't mind starting over on a different class. It feels kind of off not using a lightsaber, though the concealment operative is pretty fun. :)

Yeah the sith warrior story is great you should really try it.

Which is the best class to play through on the Imperial side, in terms of story?

I wanted to go through all the planets once, but stopped on my Agent because I thought perhaps I'd rather be playing a force-user.

Is the Warrior story really as good as the Agent's?

Chose the Agent solely based on many folks claiming it's the best story in the game. Currently at level 24, and wouldn't mind starting over on a different class. It feels kind of off not using a lightsaber, though the concealment operative is pretty fun. :)

I have a Sith Warrior just starting Chapter 3 and an Imperial Agent at the beginning of Chapter 2, and for me, at least, the Imperial Agent blows the pants off the Sith Warrior's story. I predicted how the Sith Warrior story was going to play out somewhere around Dromond Kass, and I haven't been wrong so far. I have NO clue where the Imperial Agent story is going, even with a fairly major spoiler. I find that exciting and more enjoyable a ride.

(ETA): Ditto the Sith Inquisitor story. I've seen up through the beginning of Chapter 3 and there are some major plotholes in it, IMO. It's fun, but not like the Agent's.

Edited by AlixMV

Personal opinions... the Republic quest locations are plain better and the plots, although mostly stale do have very nice points. Especially the Trooper towards the 35 area+.

Empire side, the placements of quest areas is poor, random and annoying. However, the plots of all Imperial characters is well written and give real choices. I've been pleasently suprised at how many people I can spare playing as a Sith Warrior or how OTT the Inquisitor can be with her choices.

Over-all ... I enjoy playing the Trooper (Vanguard) and Inquisitor the most gameplay wise... and you're right, the Imperial side just feels... better.

Maybe it is because the Republic hides all of the evils it does and hides behind veils of light - where as the Empire is exactly what you'd expect. You can expect a knife in your back on the Imperial side.

i have level 50 SW and lvl 50 SI but made level 50 Jedi and 39 Jedi knight, but i just cant play republic really, every time i log in my Jedi i feel like i cant breath really lol.

to be Jedi is to be a slave for all the people but as a Sith you just live your life without chains if not just lusting for more power and ranks!

that is what i experience so far.

Edited by saremun

I prefer Sith characters, even though in most games i play the good guy.

Something about the SW univerese makes me like being the bad guy, i'm not sure if it's the drama or what but it feels... epic.

In the SW universe i find myself fascinated with the idea of "fall of the human mind," i like to see how sick a human being can be, how far his mind can fall and shatter. My favorite part is to see the villian (me) become the most powerful force in the galaxy and still lose to the jedi, to see that moment where he realizes he was not invincible and his empire has fallen despite his best efforts. Seeing him laying there broken in his own legacy of terror, deserted by all of his followers, alone in the final moments.

But that's just me, my brother enjoys playing as a JK even though i find the story cliche. While its fun to be the good-guy in real life, its always a nice luxury to play as the badguy when ever you feel like it.