The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stat check for HM TFB/EC tank

Powerinfusion

I have seen a lot of different builds out there for tanking end-game, from high hp to high defense to high shield/absorb to a certain amount of accuracy. I am wondering what the community thinks of the following stats (I am rather happy with them to be honest, but I don't claim to know everything):

- 24.5k hp with stim (exotech)

- 17.5% defense with stim (exotech)

- 60% shield chance

- 60% absorption

The one negative is I have ZERO accuracy, and only a rakata barrel. Everything else is 61, and I have the MK-2 demolisher's shield (which kicks butt!!!) However, I do not have much trouble holding threat, even against our guild's highest dps'ers.

I am wondering what the community's best tanking vanguards' thoughts are regarding the above?

Thank you

-Ellezeppelin @ Shadowlands

My stats atm:

24979 HP (no stim)

12,49% DC

61.87% SC

52,51% SA

As you can see, I'm lower then you, but I didn't do yet proper remoding of my gear (and I focued all on shield chance and abrsorb, ingame that goes to 70%+), I'm mainly in camp gear with some new 63 stuff, and I cleared TFB HM with no problem (other then mechanics ofc).

Fights are mechanic tricky, gear check is regular camp gear.

Edited by TheRampage

As noted above.

1) Your stats are completely acceptable. There isn't a damage difference between EC HM and TFB HM. It's linear progression. If you can clear EC HM, you can clear TFB HM.

2) Accuracy is completely worthless on a Vanguard. It competes with shield (and surge, but that doesn't matter either). Every point of accuracy you gain is a point of shield you could have gained. As noted it only applies to abilities classified as "Range". Those being Hammer shot (base 90% accuracy), High Impact Bolt (100% base), and Full Auto (100% base). The rest of your skills will never miss as they are "Tech" attacks. To reiterate and underline, accuracy is useless on tanking Vanguards.

Thanks all. I ended up using all those accumulated mats from EC runs (cubes, stabilizers) to get the 63 barrel. No change in defensive stats (other than some more hp) of course, but Ellezeppelin is one mean-***** b**ch now. lol.

Now the challenge is to get some more healers in my guild so I don't have to play my sage, lol. I don't know about you guys but tanking on my vanguard could well be the most fun I've had in a video game since the first Diablo. The AoE threat generation is remarkable.

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Zep

Based on the stats I've heard for vanguard tanks it seems 60 shield 60 absorb and 18-20 defence chance seems to be the optimal range. Though I can't say for sure.

Based on an excel sheet I made a little while ago of all possible tanking stats from gear, there is a max of 1916 rating to distribute among the three (not entirely sure if this is correct).

Allocating those ratings with set bonuses, talents, etc. you can get sets of stats like:

(18.0,62.1,62.1)

(19.0,61.6,61.6)

(20.0,61.0,61.0)

You won't actually get those because I tailored shield and absorb to be equal while holding defense at 18, 19, and 20, but that's the general maximum area of stat values.

Does the 1916 max rating include the bonus defense rating you get on a good exotech or higher stim? So theoretically you could go with the 18, 62, 62 distribution and counting the stim it'd be closer to 20, 62 ,62. Edited by Drakcol

• 2 weeks later...
Does the 1916 max rating include the bonus defense rating you get on a good exotech or higher stim? So theoretically you could go with the 18, 62, 62 distribution and counting the stim it'd be closer to 20, 62 ,62.

I did have the stim included in that calculation, not sure if everything is 100% correct though.