Even Quark knows that Han Shot First.

Captain_Zone

The episode of Castle that was on tonight had Armin Shimerman guest starring. He was wearing a t-shirt with "Han shot first" across the front of it. Just thought that was a fun bit. Oh, and he supposedly built a double bladed Lightsaber. The entire show was just fun to watch, especially if you're a sci-fi fan. :D

You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of that?

ps. Considering only one shot was fired during the incident, kind of hard to not have shot first. Lol.

I wish I did. That would be funny as hell! If I find one, I'll post it.

You're right, of course. Han shot first and last. Only fired one round, too. :D

who cares,really. Greedo still died,Han still ******. who cares.

Because it completely changes the first impression of Han....?

From a dirty, drug dealer....to just some random smuggler who dodged a blaster shoot then fired his blaster...

The best part of the episode was Jonathan Frakes getting Nathan Fillion's autograph!! Frakes directed the episode so he had to sneak in somewhere. Plus when Fillion used "Shiny" in the show. There were an insane amount of Firefly, Star Trek, and Star Wars reference in the entire show. Edited by LukeSaberRattler

The best part of the episode was Jonathan Frakes getting Nathan Fillion's autograph!! Frakes directed the episode so he had to sneak in somewhere. Plus when Fillion used "Shiny" in the show. There were an insane amount of Firefly, Star Trek, and Star Wars reference in the entire show.

Loved that part! Frakes has a hand in directing some of the best series on television. Leverage, for example.

Also the part was great when Castle was naming some of the best sci-fi series out there... Star Trek.... Battlestar Galactica..... That Joss Whedon show...

The problem for me is... How did Greedo miss, exaclty? Why was he aiming above Han Solo's head in the first place? Han didn't do anything in the scene to to throw Greedo's aim off, and they're only sitting 2 feet away from each other. There's no reason for Greedo to miss, he just... does.

With the way the scene plays out currently, Han Solo's plot armor shines through as bright as the sun. Greedo missed ONLY because Han needs to live on as a major character, and for no other reason. It's completely amateurish, and until I saw it for myself, I would have told you that Lucas is too good a director to have designed a scene that way. Then of course, we had Episodes I-III, and now I'm just glad Disney hasn't hired him to direct number 7. :rolleyes:

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

The problem for me is... How did Greedo miss, exaclty? Why was he aiming above Han Solo's head in the first place? Han didn't do anything in the scene to to throw Greedo's aim off, and they're only sitting 2 feet away from each other. There's no reason for Greedo to miss, he just... does.

With the way the scene plays out currently, Han Solo's plot armor shines through as bright as the sun. Greedo missed ONLY because Han needs to live on as a major character, and for no other reason. It's completely amateurish, and until I saw it for myself, I would have told you that Lucas is too good a director to have designed a scene that way. Then of course, we had Episodes I-III, and now I'm just glad Disney hasn't hired him to direct number 7. :rolleyes:

-Macheath.

If you haven't seen the Original, then you probably don't know that Greedo never got a shot off. He just died when Han shot him down in cold blood. The "reaction shot" was added in the '97 "remake", and it wasn't until the latest releases that Greedo was made to shoot first. The whole scene lost something each time the shots were added, imo. It went from "This is Han Solo. He is NOT a nice guy." to "Well, I GUESS Greedo was planning to shoot him...." to finally "Ok, he was just defending himself. I guess he IS a nice guy after all! hyuk hyuk".

It illustrated the beginning of his journey from self-absorbed drug smuggler to the true hero he would become by the end of RotJ. Han Solo's story was originally one of redemption. Then it just became another misunderstood hero story by the time the last remake was done. That's the main reason why those of us who have seen the Original have railed against Lucas for changing the whole message of that subplot.