Expertise

PeaceKeePin

There is no real soft cap on expertise.

The reason for the 1200 number is because people have found that going power after 1200 to be overall more beneficial for achieving the best damage.

If you go all-out expertise, you will achieve less damage, and more defense than going power past 1200.

It just comes down to if you want a little more damage reduction and a little less damage. Or if you want a little less damage reduction and a bit more damage.

As an example, as a sorc healer myself, I benefit from expertise in 3 ways (dmg reduction, dmg done, healing done) and staying alive is very important as the squishiest A/C in game. So personally I have 1388 expertise.

So just figure out what works best for your play style.

Just to add one more point:

Similar to stacking power for damage, if you want all-out survivability (on a Guardian Tank for example), +41 endurance crystals work out better.

Expertise is just a nice balance in the middle.

negative ghost rider.... For a tank stack expertize like its nobodies business. Health/damage reduction plus easier on the healer to heal you because of healing boost. That is of course, if you are going full tank.

I have 2 WH sets... 1 is my modded set for rage jugg 1241 expertize and the other is my tank set... nearly 1400 expertize on it. it all just comes down to your roll.

negative ghost rider.... For a tank stack expertize like its nobodies business. Health/damage reduction plus easier on the healer to heal you because of healing boost. That is of course, if you are going full tank.

I have 2 WH sets... 1 is my modded set for rage jugg 1241 expertize and the other is my tank set... nearly 1400 expertize on it. it all just comes down to your roll.

/facepalm

I stack expertise on my sage healer as well. I personally prefer the allround boost of it, over any other stat. At least on my healer. Going high expertise over endurance stacking on my new lvl 50 seems to work for me too. I'll worry about power stacking when I get my wh gear on that one.

High expertise on any toon who is going to take damage from several sources, over extended periods of time, lower expertise on toons that don't get focused\use stealth.

I am not a tank player, but the guy I usually roll with stacks endurance.

Pro-tip: guard damage is not mitigated by expertise. ;)

• 1 month later...
Just to add one more point:

Similar to stacking power for damage, if you want all-out survivability (on a Guardian Tank for example), +41 endurance crystals work out better.

Expertise is just a nice balance in the middle.

yeah b/c that extra 820 health is going to make a HUGE difference :rolleyes:

rofl

I replaced my expertise crystals with power crystals but came to the conclusion that I would probably have to replace more stuff for there to be a noticeable difference in output. Hence, I went back to full expertise, 1396. Edited by Washingtoon

There is no real soft cap on expertise.

The reason for the 1200 number is because people have found that going power after 1200 to be overall more beneficial for achieving the best damage.

If you go all-out expertise, you will achieve less damage, and more defense than going power past 1200.

don't know where your getting your info, but I will put my money on a 1390-1396 (EWH/WH) Expertise player against someone with 1200 (BM+) Expertise.

I wear 1396 Expertise which gives me:

* PvP Damage Bonus: 25.30%

* PvP Damage Reduction: 20.19%

* PvP Healing Bonus: 14.04%

So what does a 1200 Expertise give in PvP Damage Bonus/Reduction and Healing?

Edited by Ramtar

There's already another thread about expertise. Max expertise is better than 1000 expertise if you have good healers who can heal you for more than 10k before you dies.

And like someone else already said. There is no soft cap for expertise.

If two exact same people fight each other, one max expertise and the other 1000, the 1000 expertise guy will win by one GCD. However, when they are both healed a bit, it becomes a stalemate. When they are both healed for a lot, the max expertise wins out. So basically, if you want to be pro duelers, use 1000 expertise. Otherwise, save your 10 mil because getting mod 27s won't make you any more effective in pvp.

Edited by Smashbrother

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.