Immortal without threat / aggro generation?

smasherdevourer

Hi,

Can you be immortal spec without any talents or abilities used to generate threat?

I ask because I find Immortal good for survivability and endurance in levelling and flashpoints. But as it is a tank spec, is there a way to have this spec and not be a tank? i.e. queue up for a flashpoint as dps even though you are immo speced and not generating threat because the main tank would want to keep all the agro.

are there abilities to not use to avoid getting agro as immo spec? are there some talents that can be left out to avoid getting aggro? if so please help me out. i want to be immortal spec for the pure purpose of being able to smash through trash and mobs and bosses while leveling and being able to do the same in flashpoints without conflicting with the actual tank of the group.

Thanks.

I would advise you to just level up rage spec, since you are not interested in tanking.

While leveling, for extra survivability in certain encounters, you can run rage in soresu. Once you get your tank companion, you can just run rage in shii-cho. Until then, run w/ a healer in shiicho, or a dps companion in soresu.

In flashpoints, you can safely run rage in shii-cho, do tons of dps, and not worry about survivability since the tank should have the baddies on himself most of the time.

I would advise you to just level up rage spec, since you are not interested in tanking.

While leveling, for extra survivability in certain encounters, you can run rage in soresu. Once you get your tank companion, you can just run rage in shii-cho. Until then, run w/ a healer in shiicho, or a dps companion in soresu.

In flashpoints, you can safely run rage in shii-cho, do tons of dps, and not worry about survivability since the tank should have the baddies on himself most of the time.

thanks i`ll consider that

Queuing up for flashpoints as DPS in Immortal spec is bad form: the spec's damage is utterly awful, no matter what form you use. There's really no point in gimping yourself.

If you want survivability and damage then don't follow the advice about Rage, go for Vengeance. Probably the sturdiest non-Marauder melee/close range DPS spec in the game.

Queuing up for flashpoints as DPS in Immortal spec is bad form: the spec's damage is utterly awful, no matter what form you use. There's really no point in gimping yourself.

If you want survivability and damage then don't follow the advice about Rage, go for Vengeance. Probably the sturdiest non-Marauder melee/close range DPS spec in the game.

i was vengeance for a long while. i slightly agree but the survivability feels like it only works when you use your cooldowns to keep health up and so on. without them and attacking just 3 mobs i am getting my health hammered to less than 50%. is that normal at my level?

i was vengeance for a long while. i slightly agree but the survivability feels like it only works when you use your cooldowns to keep health up and so on. without them and attacking just 3 mobs i am getting my health hammered to less than 50%. is that normal at my level?

Looks like either severe ability mismanagement, or very outdated gear. My newest Guardian levels as Vigilance (Vengeance mirror), and I'm not having anything close to this kind of trouble. First Guardian levelled as Defense, and I had more issues than with Vigilance.

Well, what level are we talking about? :)

Vengeance's extra survivability compared to Rage comes from Unstoppable (20% damage reduction for 4 seconds after Charge) and Deafening Defense (4% flat damage reduction and an additional 15% when Enraged Defense is active). The former requires at least 12 points in the tree, for the latter you need a minimum of 22 I think.

That (and the way the abilities are structured) means that Vengeance really comes into its own at above level 35, probably. But no, you shouldn't have such problems during levelling: just use Quinn and you should be able to deal with anything. In flashpoints, you shouldn't be attacked by three mobs at the same time, that's the tank's job.

Edited by Siorac

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.