TCW S5 Ep: 6 The Gathering. Guess there can be Wookiee Jedi Again Now.

CassusVerda

Based on the preview it doesn't look like the next episode is going to be one of the better ones imo, but who knows, I might be surprised

Either that or he's going to get killed off.

They wouldn't kill a kid!? We'll see...

True, he's still just a learner at this stage, if he somehow fails in constructing is lightsaber there will be no third wookiee jedi

Edited by SNCommand

Based on the preview it doesn't look like the next episode is going to be one of the better ones imo, but who knows, I might be surprised

Don't be so quick to judge ;) This seems like a pretty unique event that hasn't been covered heavily in star wars before, it also give opportunities to test Ashoka and push her to the dark side. Also a chance for the series to prove its commitment to killing off people by killing off some younglings! Mwhahahaha!

Don't be so quick to judge ;) This seems like a pretty unique event that hasn't been covered heavily in star wars before, it also give opportunities to test Ashoka and push her to the dark side. Also a chance for the series to prove its commitment to killing off people by killing off some younglings! Mwhahahaha!

*Puts on best Palpatine impression* Yes... Soon she will join us! Mwahahahahaha! Hahahaha! Ha... that's tiring...

I'm so glad my Thread got derailed by you guys complimenting each other on being better Palpatine and Grievous Impersonators. Way to go guys. Now theres another thread that came out AFTER mine with more discussion...>.>

You need to wait a little bit, most people haven't seen it a day before it airs and you wont get much discussion then, what were we supposed to discuss? How burger king kids clubish the make up of the younglings were?

You need to wait a little bit, most people haven't seen it a day before it airs and you wont get much discussion then, what were we supposed to discuss? How burger king kids clubish the make up of the younglings were?

Don't know what that means... but sure, I guess.

There were a unique collection of padawans in that group for sure. Guess the Order has the time to send younglings off to build lightsabers.

Don't know what that means... but sure, I guess.

There were a unique collection of padawans in that group for sure. Guess the Order has the time to send younglings off to build lightsabers.

It was mostly a take on the diversity of the group, understandable of course in Star Wars, but it was still of the obvious kind that slaps you in the face when you notice it, especially when we got to the kid with his eyes 24/7 on the datapad or the one who is always afraid etc, it's for story tropes of course, but I still take note of them

And yeah, when the training of a jedi takes about average 20 years they probably do have time to visit a planet for a couple of days

It was mostly a take on the diversity of the group, understandable of course in Star Wars, but it was still of the obvious kind that slaps you in the face when you notice it, especially when we got to the kid with his eyes 24/7 on the datapad or the one who is always afraid etc, it's for story tropes of course, but I still take note of them

And yeah, when the training of a jedi takes about average 20 years they probably do have time to visit a planet for a couple of days

Quite a diverse group now that I think about it.

Personally, I would have had them build their lightsabers on Coruscant. There's a good chance that their shuttle could get intercepted and the padawans killed. But they probably don't have synthetic crystals at the Temple, so Ilum is the only choice. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I am excited to see what happens to the wookiee.

omg hes so cute!! Awwwwwwwwwww

He was cute,

I also felt bad for the guy who had to go by himself. Hated the others for saying that he should go the path alone because it was his fate or whatever, easy for them to say, they all had someone else. Point in being? When they all got to being just by themselves they all caved. Hated how at the end he just happened to find the crystal, their names were ear-grating as well. xD

The whole "no wookiee Jedi" thing was stupid in the first place. It didn't specify that wookiees couldn't be force-sensitive--only that they couldn't be Jedi. And that effectively made the Jedi bigots, as they'd refuse to train wookiees just because they're wookiees.

It makes more sense to train as many wookiees as they can, since a wookiee that embraced the dark side would be a hell of a threat.

The whole "no wookiee Jedi" thing was stupid in the first place. It didn't specify that wookiees couldn't be force-sensitive--only that they couldn't be Jedi. And that effectively made the Jedi bigots, as they'd refuse to train wookiees just because they're wookiees.

It makes more sense to train as many wookiees as they can, since a wookiee that embraced the dark side would be a hell of a threat.

Ummm

George Lucas said "No more wookie jedi" in just cause.

It's stupid overall for the sake of overkill.

Ummm

George Lucas said "No more wookie jedi" in just cause.

It's stupid overall for the sake of overkill.

Good thing that doesn't mean anything anymore, as it isn't his anymore. Also, this was written/animated well before the sale to Disney, so it had Georgies stamp of approval already.

Well, as often as George changes his mind, I'm not surprised that he lifted the ban on Wookiee Jedi. It made no sense to start with, since Wookiees can be killed, as with any other sentient species. They're just a bit harder to kill than some. Now, a Byssian Jedi or Sith would be scary. They can regenerate even the worst wounds very quickly.