The Cast Thread of EP VII

Slowpokeking

Tell us the era/story you want to see as the plot of EP VII then give the cast.

Great Sith War

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet, maybe someone new.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

KOTOR 2

The Exiled: Mia Wasikowska

Atris: Diane Kruger

Darth Sion: Tom Hanks

Darth Nihilus: Ralph Fiennes

Darth Traya: Cate Blanchett

Tell us the era/story you want to see as the plot of EP VII then give the cast.

I would indeed like to see Tales of the Jedi movies. But IMO you would have to make 5 movies: 1 for the beast wars and Nomi Sunriders origin, 1 for the Naddist uprising and 3 for the Great Sith War. You might start with the Great Sith War and add the other two as prequels later.

I'm not that good with knowing actors, so I'll just comment your choices.

Great Sith War

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet, maybe someone new.

I don't know either.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

He's too old. Exar Kun needs to be the jungest of the main characters, I think.

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Good choice. Btw. if they make it, please don't cut out Vima to make the romance more convenient.

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Yeah, I think this fits.

Aleema Keto: January Jones

also fits

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

could work, I think

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Very good choice, though he might make Arca to Gandalf-y, away from what we see in the comics. Another idea, even more unconventional: Morgen Freeman.

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Would be ok. Though I really would prefer Christopher Lee (if it wouldn't be too weird with him also being Dooku). But he's too old.

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

Guess that works.

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

Seems to fit.

Some additions:

What do you think about Liam Neeson as the Voice for Master Thon? If he is voiced, of course. But subtitles and beast noises would probably be better. Or even without subtitles (and you have to guess from the rest of the conversation, like it was with Nihilus.)

Who should do the voice for Mandalore? Who should do the voice for Master Siosk-Vosk?

KOTOR 2

The Exiled: Mia Wasikowska

She's too young, the Exile should be in her early 30s.

Atris: Diane Kruger

She also looks a little too young, I think.

Darth Sion: Tom Hanks

I'm not sure. I did think of the one who played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises instead.

Darth Nihilus: Ralph Fiennes

Does he really needs an actor? I would use the dude who played the Witchking in LotR and... I don't know who for his voice.

Darth Traya: Cate Blanchett

Also too young, I think. Kreia should be in her 70s.

I would indeed like to see Tales of the Jedi movies. But IMO you would have to make 5 movies: 1 for the beast wars and Nomi Sunriders origin, 1 for the Naddist uprising and 3 for the Great Sith War. You might start with the Great Sith War and add the other two as prequels later.

I'm not that good with knowing actors, so I'll just comment your choices.

If they want to make a trilogy they can cut off the Beast War the the uprising, just introduce them briefly, mainly focus Dark Lords of the Sith and the Sith War.

I remember Darth Traya was 50 when she died.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya

Atris looks quite young, like 30-40, I think Diane could fit.

I know Kun was very young at that time, but could not find a young actor who would play him well.

Edited by Slowpokeking

They will be CG animated films most likely and no respectable actor will go near them after the prequels. /cry

Pure CGI with TOR cinematic's quality would cost way too much.

And no, tons of actors would want to play as long as they get paid well. There are a lot of movies that are worse than the prequel but we still see big stars in it.

They will be CG animated films most likely and no respectable actor will go near them after the prequels. /cry

I don't know what makes you think this. There is no way they are going the route of CG. Maybe for more crappy clone wars stuff, but not for Episode VII. It just wouldn't make financial sense. No in the slightest.

the fact the they are already calling the next film ep VII tells us that it will be the basic story outline that lucas has had all along. so you can toss out any EU stories for the film. you can also figure out what the basic time period the film will take place in by looking at the initial restrictions lucas had for EU books. he had a certain period of time after the events of return of the jedi that were off limits to EU. i cant remeber exactly but i think it was 30-40 years after. although, i think i remember that restriction may have been lifted at some point.

If they want to make a trilogy they can cut off the Beast War the the uprising, just introduce them briefly, mainly focus Dark Lords of the Sith and the Sith War.

They are important, though. If not, we should at least use Nomi's reluctance to use lightsabers more in the movies and work Andur's death into the movie with flashbacks. And Satel&Aleema on Onderon too. (So we have to abandon the no flashbacks tradition from Star Wars and do it more like LotR.)

I remember Darth Traya was 50 when she died.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya

Was she? She always seemed older to me.

Atris looks quite young, like 30-40, I think Diane could fit.

And Atris also seemed older to me, like late 40s.

I'm looking for a suitable actor for Exar Kun right now.

Master Thon-Master Gnost-Dural's VA Lance Henriksen

Yeah, possible.

Mandalore-Malgus' VA Jamie Glover

That's a great choice.

Master Siosk-Vosk, I don't know, I don't know how does his race sound like.

I'm not sure either, I don't even know if the EU says it somewhere. I'd take Tol Braga's voice. (Don't know the VA.)

Saoirse Ronan can play Vima I guess.

Nah, she's too old. Vima doesn't need a very good actor, actually. Nomi just has to carry her from time to time and she has to appear as an infant in the flashback.

Btw. I'm sure the movie won't be great Sith Wars, but sometimes after the OT. But I still like to think about this.

I mean the teenager Vima in the last chapter.

I think post ROTJ is not a good idea because the risk of recast and too many conflicts occurred in that period, if you want to do the Vong invasion you have to explain a lot a lot about what happened between RotJ to Vong invasion.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I mean the teenager Vima in the last chapter.

I think post ROTJ is not a good idea because the risk of recast and too many conflicts occurred in that period, if you want to do the Vong invasion you have to explain a lot a lot about what happened between RotJ to Vong invasion.

I see. Haven't read that far, actually.

Well, I would use the EU as inspiration, but retcon a lot to make it fit to the film I want. I could see someone resurrecting Naga Sadow or Exar Kun as the main villian for the trilogy, for example.

Edit: I'm really not sure, but what about Aidan Turner as Exar Kun?

Edit2: They could cast me as Exar Kun :D

Edited by Maaruin

For the Thrawn Trilogy, if Episode VII is Heir to the Empire and assuming a complete recast of the Big Three...

Luke Skywalker: Giving him the benefit of the doubt because of George's horrific direction of the Prequels, I'd say let Hayden Christensen have another shot at Star Wars as Luke with a better director, this time around. He bears enough of a resemblence to a young Mark Hamill to pull it off.

Leia Organa: Lana Parilla for obvious reasons. She's gorgeous, fits with the description of Leia in the novels, and she can act.

Han Solo: This one is a bit tougher, since very few actors could step into Harrison Ford's shoes. Going out on a limb here, I would have to say that Michael Fassbender could do the job. A bit of hair dye and a latex scar on the chin, and let his acting do the rest.

Mara Jade: This one is a no brainer after seeing Scarlett Johansson as a redhead in both Iron Man 2 and The Avengers.

Grand Admiral Thrawn: ANYONE who has seen "Person of Interest" already knows that the cool, calm, collected tactical genius would be the perfect role for Jim Caviezel. Give the man some glowing red contacts or CGI the eyes and some blue makeup, and he IS Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Talon Karrde: Depending on how good his acting is, I would give the role to Timothy Zahn himself, considering that he based the looks of the character on his own appearance. For a backup plan, I would suggest Dennis Quaid. He can do snarky almost as well as Harrison Ford.

Joruus C'Baoth: Whoever has seen Lord of the Rings and needs a man with a beard who could play both wise and insane, Sir Ian McKellen is the perfect choice, imo.

At first I didn't think about it, but with a picture like this I can definitly see Caleb Landry Jones as Exar Kun. I don't know if his acting would fit, though. I only know him from X-Men: First Class.

@Captain_Zone: I agree wit every of your choices. Except maybe for Luke. I would like to give him a new chance and think he would be up to it, but I think it's too risky and many fans will protest.

Edited by Maaruin

You'd need someone a bit older, tbh. I'd go with Adrian Paul for Exar Kun. He's big enough, old enough, and is already a master martial artist.

I was searching for a young Kun on purpose. If I remember the Tales of the Jedi comics correctly, Kun was actually one of the youngest characters.

I was searching for a young Kun on purpose. If I remember the Tales of the Jedi comics correctly, Kun was actually one of the youngest characters.

At the beginning he was, but by the time he actually became Dark Lord of the Sith at the hand of Marka Ragnos, he was quite a bit older.

At the beginning he was, but by the time he actually became Dark Lord of the Sith at the hand of Marka Ragnos, he was quite a bit older.

I don't think so. I think only a few years passed from the Freedon Nadd Uprising to the Great Sith War. (The comics even say 6 month, IIRC.)

Edited by Maaruin

all points indicate by both reports from Disney and Lucasfilm indicate this will take place AFTER Return of the Jedi. How far? I do not know. Hopefully it's a next gen film and they keep the original 3, but in supporting roles, and tell a story with Ben and Jaina as the main characters. Least that way it would (sort of) respect what has already been done.

all points indicate by both reports from Disney and Lucasfilm indicate this will take place AFTER Return of the Jedi. How far? I do not know. Hopefully it's a next gen film and they keep the original 3, but in supporting roles, and tell a story with Ben and Jaina as the main characters. Least that way it would (sort of) respect what has already been done.

If they directly jumps to NJO era it would destroy a lot or EU stuff because you cannot explain that much stuff in the movie.

If they directly jumps to NJO era it would destroy a lot or EU stuff because you cannot explain that much stuff in the movie.

that won't stop Lucasfilm or Disney. And while I love Clone Wars to pieces, it's notorious for smashing continuity. Afterall, Clone Wars is T-Canon, thus it overrules anything in the C-Canon novels, comics, and games. The only thing that overrules them both is the films (G-Canon) which makes 7, 8, and 9, the ultimate overrule. Personally I'd rather it be Post-Abeloth, which if you think about it is the right age for the original 3, and in that, Ben's 16 (right around the age when Luke began his journey), and Jaina's 33, which isn't too far off from Han. Plus she vanishes into Imperial Space, being married to Jagged Fel and all. What if they decide to write off that Jagged died and now she's disillusioned from the Order and thus became more like Han, and while she's rejecting her Jedi legacy, Ben is embracing it.

that won't stop Lucasfilm or Disney. And while I love Clone Wars to pieces, it's notorious for smashing continuity. Afterall, Clone Wars is T-Canon, thus it overrules anything in the C-Canon novels, comics, and games. The only thing that overrules them both is the films (G-Canon) which makes 7, 8, and 9, the ultimate overrule. Personally I'd rather it be Post-Abeloth, which if you think about it is the right age for the original 3, and in that, Ben's 16 (right around the age when Luke began his journey), and Jaina's 33, which isn't too far off from Han. Plus she vanishes into Imperial Space, being married to Jagged Fel and all. What if they decide to write off that Jagged died and now she's disillusioned from the Order and thus became more like Han, and while she's rejecting her Jedi legacy, Ben is embracing it.

We also got a lot of stuff to explain in post Abeloth era.

So I don't understand why not start a new era like TotJ or KOTOR.

Edited by Slowpokeking