Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

I'm doing well, thanks. There was a little excitement at work today. I caught a couple having sex in one of our study rooms. When our security asked them to leave the woman had the nerve to ask if she could use our bathroom to freshen up first.

Isn't it nice to have classy people in your library?

How lovely. :rolleyes: Exam week for me! (yay... :()

Good luck Chris, I did my graduation project presentation today so I'm officially off the hook and all ready for my trip to the NL :D

It's my birthday today. :)

Happy birthday :D Mine was Sunday ^_^

WOW!

Oh, dealing with the public, how you fill the need for stories so... Disturbingly well.

I feel a little veklempt now...

Nice to see you're still around Heather :)

Happy Birthday, Beth!

You're not supposed to tell.

And you too :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday :D Mine was Sunday ^_^

Happy Birthday to you too.

What's with all the birthdays this week. I know like 10 people.

I guess instead of going on spring break, lots of people people made quick trips to the study rooms at their public libraries.

Err ... Wait a minute.

And you too :)

Me too what?

Happy Birthday to you too.

What's with all the birthdays this week. I know like 10 people.

I guess instead of going on spring break, lots of people people made quick trips to the study rooms at their public libraries.

Err ... Wait a minute.

Me too what?

Thank you :) And I said "Nice to see you're still around Heather" and then to you "And you too" :)

Happy birthday Chris.

And Gwyn, thats a fun story from a library across the atlantic.

Anyway, I tryed to add you as friend on both republic and empire side. Said, no player with that name.

Anyway, I think people are busy playing and dont have much time to write on forum anymore.

Im at work now and about 8 kids here making drama haha. So I have to talk to them.

Hope evryone is ok.

cheers

Happy birthday Chris.

And Gwyn, thats a fun story from a library across the atlantic.

Anyway, I tryed to add you as friend on both republic and empire side. Said, no player with that name.

Anyway, I think people are busy playing and dont have much time to write on forum anymore.

Im at work now and about 8 kids here making drama haha. So I have to talk to them.

Hope evryone is ok.

cheers

I was able to add you to mine.

Hey, random question for everyone:

Anyone playing a consular? Does the storyline, y'know... Pick up at all? I LOVE the mechanics of the class, but any time I'm in a story area I feel like hitting the space bar. Granted, I'm only on Coruscant but it has yet to really be engaging. :(

Anyone playing a consular? Does the storyline, y'know... Pick up at all? I LOVE the mechanics of the class, but any time I'm in a story area I feel like hitting the space bar. Granted, I'm only on Coruscant but it has yet to really be engaging. :(

It picks up a little bit on Taris but I hate that planet so I'm not the best person to ask.

The general consensus among those who've played all eight classes is consular is the most boring one. It isn't bad by any means, just dull compared to the others. I haven't played it much myself though.

I did play a Sorc about half way into chapter two and it's pretty interesting--just a little weird.

It picks up a little bit on Taris but I hate that planet so I'm not the best person to ask.

Yeah, the companion you pick up there seems to have a bit more personality at least. :p

The general consensus among those who've played all eight classes is consular is the most boring one. It isn't bad by any means, just dull compared to the others. I haven't played it much myself though.

I did play a Sorc about half way into chapter two and it's pretty interesting--just a little weird.

I guess because it's not as action-y as most of the others, or at least it isn't yet. Maybe if my sage could crotch kick more, I don't know...

Yes. Crotch kicking definitely makes everything else seem underwhelming.

Of course, this isn't so true if you're the one being kicked, and I know there are times where Gwyn would love nothing better...

crotch kicking rakghouls would make taris much more fun

What I don't get is didn't Bioware learn from KOTOR? I mean Taris was the n00b planet and no body even liked it then. And the rakghouls were only a small part of it, and everyone HATED them.

Why, Bioware, why?

<mumbles something about never having played KOTOR>

I was jonesing so bad for TOR before release I bought KOTOR, installed it, created my character (and got her to level TWO!) and just as I was about to save my progress, the game crashed. Hard. Haven't loaded it up since, I was so mad.

Sure did!

Think I read somewhere (after purchasing the game, of course. But I've spent ten bucks on stupider things that didn't work, so meh) that KOTOR isn't particularly stable on newer machines. Not that I put a lot of effort into troubleshooting it, mind you.

There are work-arounds, but some people have more luck with them than others. They were really meant for Vista, but they 'work' for Win7.

I have all the stuff you'd need if you want to give it another go at some point. It's a lot hard to track it all down these days.

And I highly recommend you do. It's an amazing game in and of itself. But TOR is filled to the brim with references, nods, and Easter eggs. This is especially true if you plan on playing a JK at some point as it's essentially KOTOR III.

That's what I've heard about the JK. So far I'm enjoying the story on its own merits, but I'm a lore fiend so I'll probably hunt down a workaround for KOTOR at some point. It showed its age, but I've always loved RPGs anyway. And really, something else to make me love TOR? Nothin wrong with that. :)

It picks up at the end of Coruscant and Taris by a lot...I'm playing JK and my wife is playing the Consular.

She has one of her cutscenes and you see her Force Lifting an innocent out of harm's way, then jump in the middle of the fight, blowing the baddies all the way to China with the blast, then Force Push the big baddie and turning her lightsaber on and I go "Holy crap, that looked cool!".

Then we go do my story quest and my cutscene is something like "Surrender in the name of the Republic!" *turns lightsaber on; end of cutscene* and my wife goes "oh honey, that was...*chuckle*....nice". The JK's story might have a bigger scope but the Consular's scenes are better.

Having played all classes a bit (except operative) the Consular cutscenes are the best so far on the Republic side,on the Empire side Inquisitor wins by default because of Khem Val :p...and the Consular story itself is not half bad...at least not nearly as bad as Smuggler.

It goes something like this

JK = A group of Sith Lords is stealing Republic's superweapons and turning them against the planets that stored them. It's up to you to prevent Republic worlds from being enslaved by their own weapons.

Consular = A mysterious Sith is unleashing an ancient curse of madness against the Jedi Masters. It's up to you to sacrifice your power to save them and prevent the Jedi Order from crumbling from the inside.

Trooper = Havok squad has gone rogue and working for the Empire! And right when you had just joined. As they are the best of the best it's up to you to stop them before they can lend their expertise to the enemy or there will be catastrophic consequences.

Smuggler = Your ship has been stolen! It's up to you to.....do whatever you want because nobody gives a damn...

That being said I'm

LOVING my tanking Guardian, I can plow through anything except Heroic 4's (but only because I don't have a healing comp)...if I play the Guardian I use to play with my wife we're soloing everything since she's a healer (yes, I have 2 Guardians, I love them that much)

loving my healing Sage, even though Qyssen is annoying, as long as I keep him up I can do everything as well, never run out of Force, even if I dps my butt off AND heal Qyssen...

really liking my Commando (for half an hour at a time at least, before I start feeling guilty for being so overpowered...still haven't put any talent points on the guy (too lazy to make yet another build atm), he's lvl 20, I do ONE AoE on a group of 4 mobs 3 lvls higher than me, they're dead halfway through the AoE, when I go loot I realize they were all Elite and think "ops, my companion wasn't even out, if they hadn't died I might have been in trouble...oh, nevermind, I wear HEAVY armor on top of everything else!")

can barely stand my gunslinger...cover mechanics look like Gears of War after a hangover...you aim the darn thing to a physical cover, you see the green outline, you press cover and the char drops portable cover instead in the middle of a group of mobs...then you have your trusted sidekick who although plays a tank role has a longer range than you do so he proceed to tank BEHIND you, and if that wasn't bad enough, he pulls the mob behind your cover. Priceless...

You must be really keen on The Rise of the Rakghouls patch then. ;)

No, no, no, no, no! WHY????? Nobody likes Rakghouls! What's there to like about debuff stacking freaks? They're humans past their expiration date, that claw you while sounding like rabid cats in heat and have the average intelligence of things I wish didn't get stuck to the sole of my shoe!

And the fact that they tried to give a Dead Space vibe to that intro video makes it all worse...hmmm, Dead Space..I miss that game...

Taris was just bad all around, but the dozens of KOTOR references were worth playing the planet (I think it wouldn't be so bad if the entire planet was grey to me from the second I landed, got out of Coruscant at level 23...never repeated heroics, didn't pvp at all, only did Esseles once (got me from 11 to 12) and still lvl 23 when I leave Coruscant....killing Rakghouls is bad enough when you DO get exp for it...at 5xp per delivery of heroic quest it's just horrible).

And Alpha is right about JK story having a lot of KOTOR references...as my KOTOR char was Light Sided and followed the canon, playing TOR really feels like a good follow up, everything continues from the state I left it in KOTOR (300 years later though, of course); even the tiny sidequests from KOTOR had followthroughs here, even if it's just random people talking about it in the background :)

TL;DR Cookie for whoever has the courage to read all of this. If you don't, you won't miss a thing XD I was just missing posting on this thread :p

Edited by KorvusKaar

It picks up at the end of Coruscant and Taris by a lot...I'm playing JK and my wife is playing the Consular.

She has one of her cutscenes and you see her Force Lifting an innocent out of harm's way, then jump in the middle of the fight, blowing the baddies all the way to China with the blast, then Force Push the big baddie and turning her lightsaber on and I go "Holy crap, that looked cool!".

Then we go do my story quest and my cutscene is something like "Surrender in the name of the Republic!" *turns lightsaber on; end of cutscene* and my wife goes "oh honey, that was...*chuckle*....nice". The JK's story might have a bigger scope but the Consular's scenes are better.

Having played all classes a bit (except operative) the Consular cutscenes are the best so far on the Republic side,on the Empire side Inquisitor wins by default because of Khem Val :p...and the Consular story itself is not half bad...at least not nearly as bad as Smuggler.

It goes something like this

JK = A group of Sith Lords is stealing Republic's superweapons and turning them against the planets that stored them. It's up to you to prevent Republic worlds from being enslaved by their own weapons.

Consular = A mysterious Sith is unleashing an ancient curse of madness against the Jedi Masters. It's up to you to sacrifice your power to save them and prevent the Jedi Order from crumbling from the inside.

Trooper = Havok squad has gone rogue and working for the Empire! And right when you had just joined. As they are the best of the best it's up to you to stop them before they can lend their expertise to the enemy or there will be catastrophic consequences.

Smuggler = Your ship has been stolen! It's up to you to.....do whatever you want because nobody gives a damn...

That being said I'm

LOVING my tanking Guardian, I can plow through anything except Heroic 4's (but only because I don't have a healing comp)...if I play the Guardian I use to play with my wife we're soloing everything since she's a healer (yes, I have 2 Guardians, I love them that much)

loving my healing Sage, even though Qyssen is annoying, as long as I keep him up I can do everything as well, never run out of Force, even if I dps my butt off AND heal Qyssen...

really liking my Commando (for half an hour at a time at least, before I start feeling guilty for being so overpowered...still haven't put any talent points on the guy (too lazy to make yet another build atm), he's lvl 20, I do ONE AoE on a group of 4 mobs 3 lvls higher than me, they're dead halfway through the AoE, when I go loot I realize they were all Elite and think "ops, my companion wasn't even out, if they hadn't died I might have been in trouble...oh, nevermind, I wear HEAVY armor on top of everything else!")

can barely stand my gunslinger...cover mechanics look like Gears of War after a hangover...you aim the darn thing to a physical cover, you see the green outline, you press cover and the char drops portable cover instead in the middle of a group of mobs...then you have your trusted sidekick who although plays a tank role has a longer range than you do so he proceed to tank BEHIND you, and if that wasn't bad enough, he pulls the mob behind your cover. Priceless...

No, no, no, no, no! WHY????? Nobody likes Rakghouls! What's there to like about debuff stacking freaks? They're humans past their expiration date, that claw you while sounding like rabid cats in heat and have the average intelligence of things I wish didn't get stuck to the sole of my shoe!

And the fact that they tried to give a Dead Space vibe to that intro video makes it all worse...hmmm, Dead Space..I miss that game...

Taris was just bad all around, but the dozens of KOTOR references were worth playing the planet (I think it wouldn't be so bad if the entire planet was grey to me from the second I landed, got out of Coruscant at level 23...never repeated heroics, didn't pvp at all, only did Esseles once (got me from 11 to 12) and still lvl 23 when I leave Coruscant....killing Rakghouls is bad enough when you DO get exp for it...at 5xp per delivery of heroic quest it's just horrible).

And Alpha is right about JK story having a lot of KOTOR references...as my KOTOR char was Light Sided and followed the canon, playing TOR really feels like a good follow up, everything continues from the state I left it in KOTOR (300 years later though, of course); even the tiny sidequests from KOTOR had followthroughs here, even if it's just random people talking about it in the background :)

TL;DR Cookie for whoever has the courage to read all of this. If you don't, you won't miss a thing XD I was just missing posting on this thread :p

I don't see Chris mentioned so I'll pass. :D