Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[PVP Video] Assault Commando

Asukaa

Come for the PVP, stay for the music:

I know it's a tad long and I shoulda broke it up, but I didn't have too much time to work on it so I just lumped it all up. I tried stuffing a bunch of 1v1's in there as that's what people wanted to see last time.

PS: It's up and working now. Watch it in 1080p!!

Edited by Asukaa

HAHAH I found it so amusing that the autofire + combust slow actually worked vs most people. All a mara has to do to counter you is simply camo and leg slash or activate predation, rotfl. Nice vid tho! I always get a chuckle when i see people get tossed into the fire or off a bridge :).

The clicking/backpeddaling is hard to watch. The kiting/LOS was good. No group awareness. Let's teammates die multiple times who save you. Commandos aren't the best at peeling, but no effort made, just spam that damage. Didn't use con round once? or cleanse/heal others.

Liked the bulletproof remix

Good stuff. I dig your video more than the ones from the other guy.. (Zachariah?).. who plays gunnery commando. I play pretty much the same style you do: fight from range, LOS, kite, kite, live off of the DoTs + assault plastique/sticky grenade. Some of your LOS shannigans are just cruel!

I never use charged bolt though. And I probably switch targets more often than you do... why light one guy on fire when I can light 3 (although ammo management gets very tricky).

But anyways... yea, assault commandos rock. I very typically do 600-650 dps in solo pugs (no pocket healers), and can burst higher on some maps if they ignore me. In contrast, I'm usually around 500-550 dps on my sentinel in similar situations (again, assuming no pocket healers).

The clicking/backpeddaling is hard to watch. The kiting/LOS was good. No group awareness. Let's teammates die multiple times who save you. Commandos aren't the best at peeling, but no effort made, just spam that damage. Didn't use con round once? or cleanse/heal others.

Liked the bulletproof remix

Lol, to get that footage, I had to ignore everything. I usually am objective based and don't run around looking for 1v1's or just random fights in general but I had to!

Need more buttons on my mouse. I can't stand keybinds on my keyboard.

Edited by Asukaa

Lol, to get that footage, I had to ignore everything. I usually am objective based and don't run around looking for 1v1's or just random fights in general but I had to!

not talking about objectives

Need more buttons on my mouse. I can't stand keybinds on my keyboard.

lol serisouly? should probably learn to bind things to your keyboard :)

lol serisouly? should probably learn to bind things to your keyboard :)

I have a few things bound to the keyboard, but if my left hand can't reach it naturally, then I just click it...

PS: The backpeddling is rare, I think I did it twice in the whole vid.

Edited by Asukaa

Nerf commando and buff bad mauraders that leave a node to fight one commando as commandos friend caps. Loved video but you did go against a lot of bads.

as much as i really wish commandos didn't suck because it is a class i would like to try out at some point i can say i couldn't even stomach getting mine past 15. Its about the only class im missing now and i just refuse to put up with the pain. every other class does it easier or better.

as much as i really wish commandos didn't suck because it is a class i would like to try out at some point i can say i couldn't even stomach getting mine past 15. Its about the only class im missing now and i just refuse to put up with the pain. every other class does it easier or better.

True, Commando's in general are gimped. But if played well you can do just as good as anyone else. And if you reach that level, then playing another class that has all the tools you lack will just make you even better. I have an Assault VG that I am gearing and while I was in recruit I was wrecking face. Now I have 4 WH and rest full BM no aug's yet. Short on Creds as I'm trying to keep another toon in purps while I level him up. Making a Combat Sentinel now, but I wish there were more ranged classes. =(

looked good, the clicking was meh but if it works for you its ok. if you want more mouse buttons, try a razer naga or logitech g600, they both a crapload of buttons

my only suggestion to the op is to use abilities other than hammershot more often. like 90% of this video was him running in circles spamming hammershot, which does next to no damage. while you want to use it while youre creating distance, once youre >20m you can start throwing in a quick cast to proc HiB resets. especially following a leap from a non-rage mara/jugg, you can knock them back, apply the slow, and you have a bit of breathing room to cast. plus, you need to proc HiB resets if you want to maximize damage potential.

PC Specs?

CPU: Intel i7 3.1ghz 2600k

GPU: Evga Gtx 570 superclocked

MB: Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

RAM: 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws

CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

HD: Samsung 164gb SSD

The rest is all cosmetic...

Edited by Asukaa

looked good, the clicking was meh but if it works for you its ok. if you want more mouse buttons, try a razer naga or logitech g600, they both a crapload of buttons

my only suggestion to the op is to use abilities other than hammershot more often. like 90% of this video was him running in circles spamming hammershot, which does next to no damage. while you want to use it while youre creating distance, once youre >20m you can start throwing in a quick cast to proc HiB resets. especially following a leap from a non-rage mara/jugg, you can knock them back, apply the slow, and you have a bit of breathing room to cast. plus, you need to proc HiB resets if you want to maximize damage potential.

Yeah I know what you're saying Cash, but with the recent buffs that went out to Mara's and Juggs, I feel like it's either you're on the move constantly or you're dead. I usually only stop to cast if I'm against a baddie or someone that is really undergeared. If I'm being left alone I cast to reset my HiB all the time, but if I'm kiting, stopping to cast doesn't cross my mind. Thanks for the feedback tho, I know you're one of the few that has been playing this class as long or even longer than I was and I used to read all your posts when I was trying to maximize my dmg a long time ago! =)

Yeah I know what you're saying Cash, but with the recent buffs that went out to Mara's and Juggs, I feel like it's either you're on the move constantly or you're dead. I usually only stop to cast if I'm against a baddie or someone that is really undergeared. If I'm being left alone I cast to reset my HiB all the time, but if I'm kiting, stopping to cast doesn't cross my mind. Thanks for the feedback tho, I know you're one of the few that has been playing this class as long or even longer than I was and I used to read all your posts when I was trying to maximize my dmg a long time ago! =)

You can move around with Full Auto. It procs once the cast starts so you could cast it and move right away and it would still proc your HiB. Might not be a great move for ammo management as you wouldn't be getting anything out of it except the proc but if you can stay on the move and get out an extra HiB it might be worth it in the long run.

You can move around with Full Auto. It procs once the cast starts so you could cast it and move right away and it would still proc your HiB. Might not be a great move for ammo management as you wouldn't be getting anything out of it except the proc but if you can stay on the move and get out an extra HiB it might be worth it in the long run.

I never thought about using Full Auto that way. Good idea, but yeah it might hurt ammo doing that, especially if it doesn't proc. Thanks for the tip!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.