Jugg Leveling Spec

TheJanitor_

Hey guys, I am currently a 31 Jugg and heading to Taris. So far I have been using a hybrid spec, Some Immortal and some Vengeance, The spec has been decent so far, I never die, and I mean never, but I don't put out much dps, and fights usually take a little longer than I think they should. The spec is helping if I happen to do a FP because I can tank no problem. But I was just wondering is there another spec I should be using that would be more helpful for the rest of my leveling?

I leveled my last warrior immortal and my current one as well. Which companions are you using? I'd suggest gearing Vette and using her almost exclusively. You should only need Quinn for tougher fights. I've also heard Jaesa's pretty good if you keep an eye on her health and put some decent gear on her.

I usually just rock Vette in aoe mode, or sniper mode for single target. Carry a couple medpacs and hotkey them just in case.

I level immortal. I'm still using Phottek's guide for talent distribution (sticked up at top of forum), I don't know how much it's changed since 1.3/1.4 but I'm still giving it a shot. Yes, you kill slower, that's why you rely on a DPS companion instead of Quinn. Quinn keeps your health up, but slows you way, way down. If you 're leveling immortal you won't need the heals very often.

Gratz on your choice OP! Jugg's are still to this day my favorite class. got 3 of them, and just started a 4th on a new server. Yeah...im bored....enjoy the class, and having fun with the "ohnoes, i have no alts to craft me uber gear" playstyle (it can be rejuvenating actually).

leveled with all 3 specs...and in all honesty, they're all doable, but depending your leveling preference, not optimal. here's my unabashed opinion (this is post 1.4 mind you, pre 1.4 i had a different opinion on immortal).

Immortal - while doable, it is probably the least productive of the specs post 1.4 for solo leveling. even with a DPS companion, your overall grind time is simply slower. You think that with the DPS companion life would balance out, but it doesn't. Bioware didn't take into account leveling quality when they cut our damage in 1.4. Yes, it's that noticeable (for me at least). When the two other specs are getting huge damage boosting skills, you are getting...less. literally. still, it's doable, and it allows seamless transition into FP's. if you are a heavy FP player, I'd recommend this. NOTE: I do mean heavy. if your even just an occasional FP player,like a few times a week during the leveling process, read below.

Vengeance -

probably the most overall smooth for leveling. plus, if you like tanking an occasional FP, this is the best option for you. the defensive skills in it actually work out well when doing FP's. some high end players think it has more mitigation potential then immortal. the biggest thing I miss when tanking as Vengeance is Rage. in random FP's you are low on rage frequently.

a high degree of experience with the class helps balance this out, but still overall you will suffer for rage unless you are in high end Ops (where the continual pounding of bosses nets you plenty of rage). The DPS is very smooth, with no real lag spots, and plenty of available rage for anything you so desire. IMO pre-40 it's the best of the 3 specs for solo play with a dash of FP's mixed in. FYI...currently end game i don't spec Immortal for FP's anymore, simply not needed. Only do it for Ops runs.

Rage -

prior to 1.4 I would have said that this was solidly behind Vengeance, but with the 1.4 boosts, its a solid contender. It's only issue is early on it lacks for 2 things: a solid regular use ability to proc its main damage dealer, and simply lack of rage. I know...there are talents to help that, but in back to back comparisons (when leveling mind you), it didn't have the same rage gen capability as Vengeance BEFORE 40. After 40 it's a different ball of wax. you get your cap skill in the tree which helps a ton for the specials in the tree, and after 40 you can put points into other trees tht can help out with rage gen. so post 40 it keeps up with Vengeance.

So, in closing I'd say this: unless your someone who regularly runs FP's (50% or more of your leveling time is in FP's), and you don't do PvP, go with vengeance. If you like tanking, but want better damage outside of that, go vengeance. if you prefer PvE (no tanky tanky) with some PvE mixed in, Rage. Obviously you can see im a Vengeance supporter, but I've leveled all 3 (why i made 3 juggs), and that's the results I got.

Edited by Elyx

Thanks alot for the advice guys. My main is a 50 Assassin, but im loving my Jugg so far, i dont even really play my main anymore. Im currently level 37 and I respeced to Rage from my hybrid spec and I Must say I kill things much faster. Thanks alot for the feedback it was greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the delay there guys. weeks are busy...usually i catch up on the forums on sundays.

Here's a starter Rage spec:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/juggernaut#22-123-13c8fde82k

Note: this is for PvE only. PvP players will have a different setup..and I don't know :) I don't PvP. but most of the optional talents are pretty logical.

Ravager, Payback, Interceptor, and through Passion are the flexible ones. I picked Ravager for the pure damage increase, but none of those 4 will break the bank. The points in the immortal tree are mostly rage savers, and help the spec out immensely. Vengeance talents are damage oriented.

the build isn't really that different then the original one in Moresexy's post (I think the older build site he used isn't working as well anymore), but this is a good starter. once you have rage built, going up vengeance first or immortal first is personal preference...if you still feel rage starved do the immortal talents (huge rage increase). If you simly wnt to do more damage, go up vengeance first (again, after rage is filled in). Moresexy's rotation is still valid....no new skills here. rage generation and non-smash based skills got some damage boosts since Moresexy's guide, thats about it.

Edited by Elyx

Elyx thanks a lot for all the info. I never had problems leveling immortal but that was pre 1.4 (I think I stopped playing before 1.3). Thanks for the updated info, I might also consider switching specs while leveling. :)

NP Elde :) I also don't want to slam Immortal too heavily. It gives you more flexibility when choosing your companions (pick what you want kinda thing). And if you pick up Biotech, the medpacks and stims can really help out. I think Honestly I added to that my personal gripe with Bio and their 1.4 Immortal nerf that they never explained....and it slowed it down allot :p but its still doable, and if you want to be able to switch comps up at will it is the better spec for doing so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.