Artifice - Where to Find a White Lightsaber Crystal (And other rares)

WraithAscendant

For what some of us have been through the last couple weeks with missing items, bad mails, error codes.

They should just give EVERY payer a purple crystal. Who gives an EFF it is makes em not unique as long as IT MAKES THE PEOPLE happy.

BW has a long way to go before they figure out an MMO really works. I would wager my next paycheck that around half the people in 'these purple/white' crystal threads that are attempting to do leg work to find something that does not exist will NOT be resubbing and thats just wrong considering these were some of your most commited folks.

If you have 50 -100 - 1000 - 10,000 people all looking for something, you should darn well do a world event and have em rain from the sky. It is just pixels after all, these people would not even care if it had NO stats, and that is saying quite a bit right there.

The FIRST, LAST and most asked question in development and beta's was lightsaber crystal colors. And they launch with Blue, Green, Red & (Yellow & Orange but lets be honest no one wants those). This to me says that BW will not listen to your input even if 10,000 people are blue in the face from suggesting it.

q) Why would you want a portion, albeit a smaller one of your player base 'burning' out looking for something you know they were asking for since DAY FRICKING ONE(i mean back in 2008)!

a) the only reason is because you're an idiot.

TL;DR

BW does not care what you want and will not listen, they will do what BW wants and those of us who actually experienced MMO's these last 5 years instead of trying to cannibalize one have no clue what we are talking about in thier eyes.

Edited by WutsInAName

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they launch with Blue, Green, Red & (Yellow & Orange but lets be honest no one wants those).

hey! I wanted yellow for my yellow-silver setup!

But as TOR doesn't have silver saber, and everyone run with yellows I resigned and went for something totally different - double-bladed blue saber.

<eyerolls>

but seriously though: I'm fine with some colors being more difficult to obtain than others as long as all stays within reason. Currently sadly it doesn't - republic cannot get purple crystal in any normal way (rare drop from Hard Ops isn't a normal way) white crystals are yet to be discovered, silvers don't exist at all, even in plans or early betas, while instead we have ridicioulus black-cored sabers (WOoT).

All color crystal schematics (except black/color) should be craftable, they should not limit PvP or Raid color crystals to one color, I want to be able to have the color I want on my epic gear, not my epic gear be defined by the color it shoots.

For that matter, Purple is a Jedi lightsaber color, not Sith, why do Sith get it and not Jedi? Makes no sense.

For that matter, Purple is a Jedi lightsaber color, not Sith, why do Sith get it and not Jedi? Makes no sense.

Not at all, infact I do not believe that the crystals themselves had ligh/dark alignment. I mean Annakin was able to use his blue saber after getting Darth title and we knwo he was at least Dark I because his eyes changed to yellow =D

Also Mace wanted to kill Palpatine because he was to dangerous to be kept alive even through it was not 'The Jedi Way', so he obviously was not the most lightsided Jedi of all time.

Additionally why can my Darkside spaceship fire Green bolts? And the republic red? Cause that makes perfect sense too.

Edited by WutsInAName

Are these BOE or BOP?

its a artificer schematic, its not BOP

i just want to point out that im the master artificer in my guild but i didnt won the schematic, someone else got it. for those of you on Port Nowhere, my guildmate is selling the crystal made from the schematic for 500k credits, if you wanted proof

Edited by Simon_Lord

For what some of us have been through the last couple weeks with missing items, bad mails, error codes.

They should just give EVERY payer a purple crystal. Who gives an EFF it is makes em not unique as long as IT MAKES THE PEOPLE happy.

BW has a long way to go before they figure out an MMO really works. I would wager my next paycheck that around half the people in 'these purple/white' crystal threads that are attempting to do leg work to find something that does not exist will NOT be resubbing and thats just wrong considering these were some of your most commited folks.

If you have 50 -100 - 1000 - 10,000 people all looking for something, you should darn well do a world event and have em rain from the sky. It is just pixels after all, these people would not even care if it had NO stats, and that is saying quite a bit right there.

The FIRST, LAST and most asked question in development and beta's was lightsaber crystal colors. And they launch with Blue, Green, Red & (Yellow & Orange but lets be honest no one wants those). This to me says that BW will not listen to your input even if 10,000 people are blue in the face from suggesting it.

q) Why would you want a portion, albeit a smaller one of your player base 'burning' out looking for something you know they were asking for since DAY FRICKING ONE(i mean back in 2008)!

a) the only reason is because you're an idiot.

TL;DR

BW does not care what you want and will not listen, they will do what BW wants and those of us who actually experienced MMO's these last 5 years instead of trying to cannibalize one have no clue what we are talking about in thier eyes.

Missing items? is that what happened to all those shield generators that Scourge was crafting but never made it to my inventory? Figures.

Sorry, as part of this development team came from SW:G, I feel strongly that some colors were removed from the game and have not been put back in yet. SW:G developers did the same thing back in the day to control certain items (like Krayt Dragon Pearls) and were never willing to admit it, but the evidence was plain as day.

I think that's what is happening here. My expectations is that after some patch down the line, suddenly some mob that people have killed hundreds of times before, will drop a color that hasn't been seen yet in the game. And then Bioware will try to claim it was there all along, just REALLY rare.

GZ already made the comment that the Magenta crystal is one of the rarest and hardest to get, but that's only for the ones that are obtainable at all.

It's a low move on Bioware's part. But who can fully trust a team that said JTL for SW:G failed simply because players couldn't grasp the 360 degree space combat mechanics?

Edited by CriticalMasses

At this point I would just like a confirmation of the color crystals/schematics to craft said crystal that are in the game as of now. I would love another clue as to where to find them, but just confirmation or denial would suffice at this point. Please BW respond LOL!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. As far as Star Wars "lore" is concerned, the color of your lightsaber blade has precisely NO bearing on your alignment what-so-ever. Do some wookipedia searches if you've not read much of the EU. When Leia (as in, Princess Leia Organa-Solo) finally built her first lightsaber, the blade was ruby red. Why? Because she thought it was a pretty color. Corran Horn (my favorite Jedi ever) had a silver bladed lightsaber. Why? It kinda went with his character. He was one of the first Jedi to start seeing the Force for what it was. The Force itself is neither light nor dark. The Force is just chaos and balance (i.e. - it is just a thing, neither good nor bad). It's the people using the Force that give it sides by projecting their own perspectives onto it.

Exar Kun (Sith Lord) had a purple-bladed lightstaff because purple is a "royal" color, and he fancied himself an emperor.

Callista (I forget her name, but she was one of Luke's first love interests) had a yellow/gold saber because it reminded her of sunlight.

TL;DR - Color choice is merely creator preference. There is NO correlation between light and dark and the color of a lightsaber. (They did it in the movies so people could pick out the bad guys and good guys easier...because George Lucas is an arrogant idiot that has no respect for his audience)

Game-wise, I'm of the opinion that the color of your lightsaber should be as customizable as the look of your character. Make color crystals do nothing more than change the color, and have power crystals for adding stats and whatnot.

All that being said; black lightsabers? Really? REALLY?! That's just stupid. It's a beam of solid light...light cannot be black. Light is white, the color of the glow is created by the light passing through a colored focusing crystal. Gah!

~ Myk-Ron Dinn

P.S. - I want my silver lightsaber. If silver's not in the game, white's the closest thing to it. It would be nice if we knew if white was even in the game (disregarding that youtube video of a PvP sage with a white lightsaber...so many people have commented on it, asking where it came from, and the poster has never answered.)

Note for the OP: I had an Orange (+16 endurance) crystal drop off one of Darth Angral when I fought him. In the Jedi Knight story arc, he's the main bad guy of Chapter 1.

Should have taken a screenshot. I was just too stoked to think about it, I guess.

I want one of the following.

all white

all black

black with red core

red with black core

black with green core

green with black core

black with blue core

blue with black core

I don't really care about the other colors, those are the ones im interested in. I'm not sure if they're all in game, i know there are black and red, and black and blue, but i'm not sure about the green, or wich is the blade and which is the core. I really dont know. But any information on those would be greatly appreciated.

have you seen any of the red and black core sabers or any of them?

They come from the operation/flashpoint/pvp gear vendors, you can see the color crystals on them are different colors, one of which I believe is the red and black.

Also to the people saying there is no white crystal anymore after 50 kills, are you sure it's not just a very low drop chance? Like many mmo's do with rare items.

All color crystal schematics (except black/color) should be craftable, they should not limit PvP or Raid color crystals to one color, I want to be able to have the color I want on my epic gear, not my epic gear be defined by the color it shoots.

It isnt a Jedi color, the only reason Mace Windu used it was because he was attuned to the dark side in the sense that his force form utilized it in saber combat. Look it up.

Blue Green Yello = Jedi

Red Purple = Sith

However, both Jedi and Sith have used colors outside of their norm to hide their affiliations throughout the history of Starwars EU, so Color Restrictions baed on Alignment is just silly, seeing a someone who is Dark would want to hide that fact when infiltrating enemy lines.

our guild thinks Red with Black core assembled weapons that you get from the supplies vendors come from Nightmare mode Raid bosses

The current raids are already being done on hard/normal and no drops have been verified yet. But you can see the saber on the vendor