Important F2P Unlock Questions

boxfetish

Four questions I can't find the answers to (I searched the forums to no avail):

1. So, if GTN auction slots can be purchased by F2P players in groups of 10, up to a total of 50, how many slots does a F2P player have to start? 0? 10?

2. I heard previously that there would be a limit on how many credits an F2P character could have? Is this still in the game? If so, what is the limit and will one be able to increase the limit by purchasing unlocks? Most importantly what will happen to the extra credits a character has beyond this limit once an account goes from subbed to F2P? Do they vanish permanently? Will they reappear once the account subs again?

3. When we purchase unlocks for action bars, races, crew skills, GTN auction slots, etc., is it account-wide for all characters or do we have to make these purchases separately for each character?

4. What happens to those accounts that have more than 2 characters on a server if that account goes F2P? Do we have to choose which characters above the 2 limit to delete? If so, are they deleted permanently or only as until that account re-subs?

Four questions I can't find the answers to (I searched the forums to no avail):

1. So, if GTN auction slots can be purchased by F2P players in groups of 10, up to a total of 50, how many slots does a F2P player have to start? 0? 10?

2. I heard previously that there would be a limit on how many credits an F2P character could have? Is this still in the game? If so, what is the limit and will one be able to increase the limit by purchasing unlocks? Most importantly what will happen to the extra credits a character has beyond this limit once an account goes from subbed to F2P? Do they vanish permanently? Will they reappear once the account subs again?

3. When we purchase unlocks for action bars, races, crew skills, GTN auction slots, etc., is it account-wide for all characters or do we have to make these purchases separately for each character?

4. What happens to those accounts that have more than 2 characters on a server if that account goes F2P? Do we have to choose which characters above the 2 limit to delete? If so, are they deleted permanently or only as until that account re-subs?

Most of these have been discussed if you look around a bit.

1. 2

2. -

3. account

4. choose 2, rest is greyed out.

Most of these have been discussed if you look around a bit.

1. 2

2. -

3. account

4. choose 2, rest is greyed out.

I have been away from the forums for months. Tried to search but didn't find anything.

So, you are saying that each F2P character can have 2 auctions going compared to the 50 a subbed character gets?

Also, you say that we "choose 2, rest is greyed out". How do we un-grey them out? Would one have to resub for a full month, then wait a month and unsub and rechoose the two they wanted to use if they wanted access to the greyed out characters?

I assume there is no info on whether there is a credit maximum per F2P character (or account) in the game then?

So, you are saying that each F2P character can have 2 auctions going compared to the 50 a subbed character gets?

Also, you say that we "choose 2, rest is greyed out". How do we un-grey them out? Would one have to resub for a full month, then wait a month and unsub and rechoose the two they wanted to use if they wanted access to the greyed out characters?

I assume there is no info on whether there is a credit maximum per F2P character (or account) in the game then?

Yup no word on what the credit limit is.

Yes 2 auction items. (more if you are a previous subber. Look up the preferred status on f2p chart )

When f2p hits, you will be given the option to choose 2 of your characters when you log in, the rest will stay greyed out until you have resubbed. I assume you can rechoose afterwards. ( Have not seen much on resubbing and requitting)

Was hoping to hear from the Devs or those "in the know" whether there is a credit cap for F2P characters or accounts, and if so, what it is, and whether we will be allowed to purchase increases to the cap in the cartel shop.

Also, wondering if extra character slots per server will be purchasable by F2P accounts at launch.

Edited by boxfetish

Was hoping to hear from the Devs or those "in the know" whether there is a credit cap for F2P characters or accounts, and if so, what it is.

Also, wondering if extra character slots per server will be purchasable by F2P accounts at launch.

Good questions, especialy interested in the character purchase.... What if we already have 2-3 50s and want to slowly work on a couple more? Can we purchase extra slots on FTP?

To your question 2.

It;s 200,000 credits, anything above it will be placed into a "holding account" that can be unlocked by subscribing, allowing you to fully access the credits. (Saw it on the F2P / Subscriber comparison page)

Anybody know whether that's per character or per account? Per character would be reasonable, per account would not in my opinion. Boy, either way, I really hope they allow us to purchase like 500,000 credit increases in that cap for like 200 CCs or something. I am not going to sub any more but I won't play free with such a tiny cap either unless I can use coins to unlock or increase it.

Havent come across it, do you happen to know where you saw that?

In the free trial the limit is 20.000.

However, the trial only goes up to lvl 15, so for a full span to level 50, 200.000 sounds little.

From memory, a lvl 3 speeder is like 250k.

In the free trial the limit is 20.000.

However, the trial only goes up to lvl 15, so for a full span to level 50, 200.000 sounds little.

From memory, a lvl 3 speeder is like 250k.

20,000 through level 15 is no big deal. 200,000 is too little for even a level 35 toon, in my opinion. Bioware really needs to rethink not having purchasable credit cap increases at the launch of F2P. Tens of thousands are probably planning to go from sub to F2P in the coming weeks and just won't play if they can't purchase a larger credit ceiling and additional character slots from the get go. I see no indication that either of these "unlocks" will be in the shop when F2P hits.

To your question 2.

It;s 200,000 credits, anything above it will be placed into a "holding account" that can be unlocked by subscribing, allowing you to fully access the credits. (Saw it on the F2P / Subscriber comparison page)

I just saw this out on dulfy.net as well. This is a deal-breaker for me and my friends. We were going to come back to the game as F2P but if our accounts have a 200,000 credit limit when we already have an average of 1 million credits each spread across each of our 2 level 30ish toons, we will just move on to another game.

Too many things cost well over 200,000 credits via vendors or the GTN. Unless we can make a cartel coin purchase to increase that credit cap to like half a million or a million we won't be able to play. Not much point in even making the game F2P if they are going to effectively force a full subscription with such a ridiculously low credit cap.

Bioware really needs to rethink this one. They are potentially going to lose tens of thousands of F2P players who would have been making occasional cartel coin purchases. They need to either increase the cap to like 500,000 or let us purchase increases in 100,000 credit increments. Hell, they can make it as draconian as they want (say 1000CC for every 500,000 credit increase) but they need to make the increase possible without subscriptions or they will lose many, many players.

Edited by boxfetish