What CAN'T money buy?

DPCummerbund

To be honest, the sub seems largely geared to PvP'ers and end-game raiders. I don't do either. And most of the things I care about that I get from subbing look like they will be one time purchases in the F2P model... So yeah, I'm definitely considering only keeping my sub going long enough to earn enough credits (at 500 a month) to perma-unlock the features I'm interested in.

And incidentally, saying the subscription is only $10 because you get (as a guesstimate) $5 worth of free coins is faulty logic. That's only true if you were going to be buying/using $5 worth of coins even if they weren't free. Which I suspect isn't true for most subscribers.

And incidentally, saying the subscription is only $10 because you get (as a guesstimate) $5 worth of free coins is faulty logic. That's only true if you were going to be buying/using $5 worth of coins even if they weren't free. Which I suspect isn't true for most subscribers.

It isn't true at the moment. But wait a few months as BW starts dangling all kinds of things in front of subscribers in the shop. Many people will end up spending more than just the allotment.

This shop has the potential to be very good for the game, as long as EA invests revenue in real content. To me, that's new chapters with class stories in a boxed expansion, alongside a revamped space system and pazaak/Star Wars mini-games.

I'm concerned EA already considers SWTOR to be a "miss" and will not stick with it as an MMO should be developed, over a long period of time. We should be able to intuit the direction next year sometime.

Am I missing something other than the character slots, though?

To me, it just seems silly that they'd take something away from Subscriptions (like slots) and then NOT sell it back to you in the F2P store. In the words of Fry, "Shut up and take my money!"

You should really log into pts and check out how draconian the ftp restrictions are....no med probe rezzing...no gtn access without mircotransactions....tiny inv. and cargo bay...one action bar<changed recently to two for preferred ("freemium")...the list goes on and on....only options unless you want to hand over an outrageous amt. of money in microtrans. to EA imo are to sub and play or unsub and quit...ftp is really just demo version of game to get people who haven't tried game before to get hooked and sub...

Stay subbed to rack up your 500 CC per month alotment to go with your initial CC alotment. Wait to see if at the time of the next expansion it is offerred for CC in addition to $$. That's what I am going to do. I too am mainly a leveler in SWTOR. :cool:

Me too.

And to answer the OP's question... there is no free lunch in the coin shop. :p

Me too.

And to answer the OP's question... there is no free lunch in the coin shop. :p

^ this...see post above for just a few of the no free lunch a la carte items

Makes a LOT more sense to just stay subbed

Edited by LrdRahvin

At some point - after launch when everything is really official - I might just do the math and add up everything in the Cartel Store that is of interest to me, and see how much it costs. .

This... Is the only relevant thing in this thread and all the other threads like it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.