Not leveling up

cheekycheesy

I hope someone can help me this this little problem I have. I have underground trading and get doing any missions higher than the 10-16 level and I thought it was meant to open up the other levels as I hit them I am now at level 40 but cant do the missions for them. I have been to see the crew skill trainer on three planets now and all say there is nothing more I can teach you. Would it help if I was to untrain and then retrain in it again?

Any help welcome and needed and thank you in advance for those that do.

If I understand what you are saying correctly....

Your class level has nothing to do with your crew skill level. You can have a level 10 character going on missions and crafting stuff that a level 50 character would use. Or like yourself you can have a level 40 character who has never skilled up a crew skill.

In order to advance your mission skills you have to send your companions on missions. you do this by opening the crew skill window (press the N key by default). you will see a list of your companions next to each are icons for your crew skills. Click the Underworld Trading icon and you will get a window with a list of missions. click a mission and at the bottom of the mission list window click the "send companion" button. That companion is now on a mission and is unavailable to do anything else. for level 10-16 missions (grade 1) that companion will be back in about 2 or 3 minutes with the results. At your level you can probably send out all but one of your companions. Once you've done enough missions to get your skill in Underworld Trading above 100 (I think) the next tier of missions will open up (level 17-24 or grade 2). At first it will only be one or two missions but as you increase the skill more will open up.

I hope this helps

I think you may be misinterpreting the level. Your skill is 40 (I suspect), which equates to roughly level 14. Skill goes all the way to 400. So you'll start seeing grade 2 missions around skill 60 or a bit higher. I honestly can't recall the exact numbers.

If I misinterpreted the first bit, the rest of my post is invalid, so I apologize in advance.

You get the next Tier, Grade 2, when your Underworld Trading reaches around Skill level 65.

Usually when your Moderate and Abundant Missions turn Green, you start to get the next Tier, so...

Grade 1 around Skill 65 you start to get one or two Grade 2 missions.

Keep doing Grade 2 missions until Moderate and Abundant turn green and you start getting Grade 3 missions.

and so on...

Edited by nattodaisuki

thats just it its not leveling up i can still only do grade 1 when i should be on grade 3 or 4 my underground training is 40 which i think is grade 4 and grade 5 starts at 41 so why cant i do grade 2?

Just do any mission but the grey ones. One orange mission raises your skill by 2, yellow by one or two, green by one. Grey, zero.

no one is getting what im telling you i have been going the missions but can only do grade one when i should be able to do grade 4 i cannot choose to do any other grade in the drop down menu.

With Underwold Trading level 40 (like you said you have ) I'm positive that you cannot do grade 4 missions. I don't know why you think you should. Crew level 40 is really low.

Only way to raise that level is by running missions that aren't grey. Keep spamming them, preferably gift missions, since they're cheaper and faster than the other ones.

No worries, I've said this before, but they should *really* get rid of the lvl descriptor in the dropdown, as all it really does is cause confusion. It should just say grade 1, grade 2, etc. So blame Bioware for your confusion.

(yeah, I realize it's tangentially tied to the missions in that the mats you'll get from those missions *tend* to be used to make equipment for that level range, but even then that's frequently inaccurate, *and* a step removed.)

Especially considering the mats will say "grade 2 whatever", it makes more sense for the missions to be categorized by "grade" returned, and not by the level range of the equipment made from the mats returned.

No worries, I've said this before, but they should *really* get rid of the lvl descriptor in the dropdown, as all it really does is cause confusion. It should just say grade 1, grade 2, etc. So blame Bioware for your confusion.

(yeah, I realize it's tangentially tied to the missions in that the mats you'll get from those missions *tend* to be used to make equipment for that level range, but even then that's frequently inaccurate, *and* a step removed.)

Especially considering the mats will say "grade 2 whatever", it makes more sense for the missions to be categorized by "grade" returned, and not by the level range of the equipment made from the mats returned.

While I agree that it can be confusing, getting rid of the level descriptors is not necessarily the right answer. Those level descriptors do serve the purpose of informing the player what level character is most likely to to use the resulting materials. I think a better answer would be to include both the level and the grade. Of course, the reason the drop down may not include the grade is because of crew skills that generate companion gifts - at skill 340+ (level 49-50) the companion gift missions are still grade 5 while the materials are grade 6.

While I agree that it can be confusing, getting rid of the level descriptors is not necessarily the right answer. Those level descriptors do serve the purpose of informing the player what level character is most likely to to use the resulting materials. I think a better answer would be to include both the level and the grade. Of course, the reason the drop down may not include the grade is because of crew skills that generate companion gifts - at skill 340+ (level 49-50) the companion gift missions are still grade 5 while the materials are grade 6.

"most likely"

When I'm making an item for a character of a certain level, I don't know about you, but *I* look at the highest level item of the appropriate type that character can use, check it's mats, (to see grade 1, 2, or whatever), then run the missions of that grade (assuming I don't have mats on me) I never base the mission being run on the level of the character. (or even the item, for that matter). As, quite frequently, they don't match up. Very rarely does the character level match up. (particularly for "finished' items like armor/weapons/earpieces/implants), and it's pretty common for the item level not to match up as well.

More information would be better. It's not very intuitive that each grade increase is roughly ~65pts. And then add on top the schematics follow a 20pt increment.

My only real gripe though is the drop down menu for mission level selection. I really wish that it would stay on the last level range selected. Usually when grinding there are often times when the highest level may be out of missions and you can only run lower ones. But for each toon you want to run a mission you have to select the level and then the mission. It's just tedious.