1v1 PVP Tournament is BACK ON! (Friday 9pm EST)

DkSharktooth

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maliken vs Aluvian

Duel starts

Aluvian gets the inital charge

Aluvian Ravages

Maliken Force Chokes to interrupt

=error= global cooldown bug. force choke animation is going off but 0 dmg is dealt and enemy is not cc'ed. you get a global cooldown, force choke's cooldown is still untriggered though.

Aluvian 100% health

Maliken 60%'ish.

end of duel gg bioware/ea thank you for taking my $15.00

Aluvian rules and a very good marauder if not the best. Just wanted to vent this and my disappointment in the swtor pvp gameplay. I knew this would happen and its comical to me as frustrating as it is.

Maliken you are by far the best DPS jugg I have played with. Please take this as no disrespect; you're one of the coolest guys I know on this game, and the last thing I want to do is piss you off. What you thought you saw with the error was (at least on my screen) incorrect. You used force push and your aoe mez very early on in the fight. I broke your mez immediately, which had resolve capped me, and proceeded to ravage, knowing that you would not be able to stop it. When you went to choke, it did do damage, but no stun due to resolve cap. I promptly interrupted it after ravage finished, and from there the duel was fairly one sided. Unfortunately I had my video turned off for this and 2-3 other fights because I had been reviewing the recording content, and had found some sync errors with the audio.

It's possible that you got a GCD bug on top of the resolve cap, but I did see you casting choke on my screen, and I'm pretty sure I took damage, just no stun. You should have stuck it out and gone further man, maybe tried out Rage. I know it sounds funny, but Rage actually kicks *** even for 1v1's now, especially vs certain classes. Hell I beat Somnax on his sorc with it, and I can come extremely close to beating him on his assassin (Ambien). It always comes down to just needing 1 more GCD. Same thing with Merkavinder, if only my vicious throw had critted, I would have been #2 instead of #3...

Much <3 dude, don't let this stuff get you down. Duels don't mean crap anyway, it's always been about the teamwork in Rateds.

FYI, I did record a lot of these fights, and I have the last couple of them (semifinals + finals and battle royal at the end). I will do some editing possibly tomorrow and get it up on youtube for you all to see =).

Aluvian u werent full resolve bar, also i SAW THE FORCE CHOKE cd not go off after casting force choke. the GCD bug triggered and it was critical. every quarter of a second is critical when dueling a marauder. I then just sundering assault impaled you before dying.

i was able to cast 2 force chokes back to back. you didnt have a white bar either. it was one of the first things i did bro and i did not force push you at all during that fight if i recon correctly. i dont think you lost HP either? maybe 10%? we didnt even have a real duel b/c this game is so ridiculous. even if you did have a white bar, which you didnt by the way, the gcd went off dealing 0 dmg, not that force choke does good dmg anyway but regardless.

as far as respect goes, me being a great juggy as you put it, i honestly do not give a shiut at all. its a game i just wanted to play it competitively and this game doesnt allow that so im probably leaving very soon after f2p, unless the rewards blow my mind. also why im not joining a guild. Ive said this before of course but have never been so disappointed with this game than now. After witnessing a vital 1v1 situation and the game just fails in balance but most of all mechanics. I cant even use my abilities strategically. This game is a joke for pvp. though its semi-fun to bash other teams in rated even though i dont gain valor or rewards from high rating (purple batman armor).

i was really looking foward to a close duel that was intense but this one started off with a bug at a vital moment. I had a strategy laid out to decay your cloak of pain but nothing happened. Didnt even use saber ward b/c i was in awe at the garbage pulled. l8tr

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Aluvian u werent full resolve bar, also i SAW THE FORCE CHOKE cd not go off after casting force choke. the GCD bug triggered and it was critical. every quarter of a second is critical when dueling a marauder. I then just sundering assault impaled you before dying.

i was able to cast 2 force chokes back to back. you didnt have a white bar either. it was one of the first things i did bro and i did not force push you at all during that fight if i recon correctly. i dont think you lost HP either? maybe 10%? we didnt even have a real duel b/c this game is so ridiculous. even if you did have a white bar, which you didnt by the way, the gcd went off dealing 0 dmg, not that force choke does good dmg anyway but regardless.

as far as respect goes, me being a great juggy as you put it, i honestly do not give a shiut at all. its a game i just wanted to play it competitively and this game doesnt allow that so im probably leaving very soon after f2p, unless the rewards blow my mind. also why im not joining a guild. Ive said this before of course but have never been so disappointed with this game than now. After witnessing a vital 1v1 situation and the game just fails in balance but most of all mechanics. I cant even use my abilities strategically. This game is a joke for pvp. though its semi-fun to bash other teams in rated even though i dont gain valor or rewards from high rating (purple batman armor).

i was really looking foward to a close duel that was intense but this one started off with a bug at a vital moment. I had a strategy laid out to decay your cloak of pain but nothing happened. Didnt even use saber ward b/c i was in awe at the garbage pulled. l8tr

It's really a shame that you think this. You did force push, you did force choke and the animation did go off when he was resolve capped. It's not a big deal but whenever something minor happens you tend to get a little too upset. Just being honest, I'd love if you continued to play the games, the occasional bugs and glitches don't bother me. Obviously you could've brought a better duel, but who cares? It was double-elimination anyway but you left after the first fight instead of possibly winning the entire thing. There comes a point when you're a top-tier player that skill doesn't factor in. You can play perfectly and it will just come down to class balance. And if you are playing the same class then it's who crits on their hard hitter, or who gets the opener. I'd hate to see you leave but if this is how you react to almost every negative situation maybe a little break wouldn't hurt. I'd also like to see a re-duel because you weren't able to use intercede either which I believe adds a lot more strategy to it.

please dont bother responding to this as i doubt i'll ever return or log on again. a break from the game isnt needed if the game is playable its as easy as that. Its not b/c i play this game too much, i just want to compete fairly. I went to this tourny thjinking i wasnt going to compete b/c of this bug, but decided to anyway the spurt of the moment. Game isnt fun anymore its as simple as that, this tourny just slapped me in the face and woke up to what pvp is really like in this game.

i didnt read the full response merk but i didnt care to continue 1v1's b/c of the gcd bug, the animation goes off full druation in this scenario btw, but you do 0 dmg and get global cooldown but the real give away is the fact that you can force choke 1 sec afterwards. It happened and it annoyed the piss out of me. I'm trying to have a fun competitive duel and when i hit a button i just expect it to go off is all its really simple. Class balance isnt what im talking about even though its out of control. Fact is all i remember is force choke not going off b/c when that happened i just quit out of frustration. Garbage game. end of story. Notice i dont care about how big of a fool this make me sounds cuz im gone. Merk you only played this as your only MMO, ive played many and this one has been 1/10 for me. star wars universe makes it playable. goodbye all

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

please dont bother responding to this as i doubt i'll ever return or log on again. a break from the game isnt needed if the game is playable its as easy as that. Its not b/c i play this game too much, i just want to compete fairly. I went to this tourny thjinking i wasnt going to compete b/c of this bug, but decided to anyway the spurt of the moment. Game isnt fun anymore its as simple as that, this tourny just slapped me in the face and woke up to what pvp is really like in this game.

i didnt read the full response merk but i didnt care to continue 1v1's b/c of the gcd bug, the animation goes off full druation in this scenario btw, but you do 0 dmg and get global cooldown but the real give away is the fact that you can force choke 1 sec afterwards. It happened and it annoyed the piss out of me. I'm trying to have a fun competitive duel and when i hit a button i just expect it to go off is all its really simple. Class balance isnt what im talking about even though its out of control. Fact is all i remember is force choke not going off b/c when that happened i just quit out of frustration. Garbage game. end of story. Notice i dont care about how big of a fool this make me sounds cuz im gone. Merk you only played this as your only MMO, ive played many and this one has been 1/10 for me. star wars universe makes it playable. goodbye all

Someone wanted a million credits.

Can I have your stuff?

maybe. once f2p rewards come out ill log in and check it out. afterwards prolly make a game out of giving away my mills of creds. and to the post above i had heard there was just 'bragging rights' and no reward for winning the tourny; grats to whoever won the million though thats cool. im assuming its an assassin operative or marauder. prolly marauder. anyway i'll have fun with it lol :) acct expires in like 2 months so i'll be able to log in. Edited by Warlord_Maliken

maybe. once f2p rewards come out ill log in and check it out. afterwards prolly make a game out of giving away my mills of creds. and to the post above i had heard there was just 'bragging rights' and no reward for winning the tourny; grats to whoever won the million though thats cool. im assuming its an assassin operative or marauder. prolly marauder. anyway i'll have fun with it lol :) acct expires in like 2 months so i'll be able to log in.

Sorry to see this game and it's glitches/bugs, etc loose anther good PvPer. Defiantly one of the best Jugs I've seen. It was always a comforting feeling to see you on my team in a Warzone because I knew the odds were now stacked in my favor for a win, and if you were on the opposing team.. I knew I was in for a challenge, this going all the way back to my original server Darth Bandon.

Hope something changes your mind and you decided to come back, I'm still going to fight my doubts in this game and hope for some changes. If not, I'll sink with the ship.

Good luck man,

LostSith

So a claim that has been dismissed: at best as a woeful misinterpretation of what happened on screen and at worst a blatant falsehood is the final... straw? Even straw tends to be more substantial then that. The general incoherence, lack of reflection, and improper grammar frame this more as an ego post then anything else. Sorry to see a decent pvper go, but I'm not sorry to see an ego driven power gamer fail to respect his own limitations and instead lay the blame on the developers and the game in general. Here's the thing though, you won't leave because temper tantrums don't last forever.

• 2 weeks later...
Where's the video? I was in your vent, undercover, and overheard that someone was going to make a video of the more interesting fight and the semis/final.

imo the semi was a good fight, finals meh I can't do much against the sin. I enjoyed the early-on matches much more.

merkvinder!!

and i was specc'd hybrid not full heals there.

Wait, that's your char too?

According to my calculations there's now only 5 active players on the server, the rest are their alts.

Is Ambien an alt too or possibly a forced name change? Femme?

Edited by MidichIorian

Wait, that's your char too?

According to my calculations there now only 5 active players on the server, the rest are their alts.

Is Ambien an alt too or possibly a forced name change? Femme?

LOL... Merk got his character stuck in his ship somehow so he played ravinder's operative for lulz. And Ambien is/was Somnax's alt. Think new main since they love my heals.