1v1 PVP Tournament is BACK ON! (Friday 9pm EST)

DkSharktooth

***Tournament is Back On! New Time: Friday night at 9pm EST****

>> Please post a reply if you're coming.

Time/Date: Oct 26th, 2012 - Friday night at 9pm EST. 2 Match Elimination (2 loss elimination).

Rules: Your own responsibility to provide medpacs, adrenals, and get all 4 buffs from someone. Ventrilo is required for this tournament to go quickly and smoothly. You don't need a mic.

Prize: This tournament is for bragging rights, for fun, and to test class balance. Actual prize will be announced during the tournament.

Update#1: You can enter with all your level 50 toons. There are no entry fees at all.

Update#2:1st place, 2nd place, and if we have alot of people, 3rd place will all get a prize.

Cheers,

Skillex / Skillxx [Empire]

P.S. Pass It Down! We need a big crowd for more fun.

Tournament has ended.

Results:

1st Place: Ambien

2nd Place: Ravinder

3rd Place: Aluvian

Grats Guys!

Aluvian will have footage of the tournament uploaded soon.

Edited by DkSharktooth

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Mercenaries get a 10 second headstart?

swtor mercenary in pvp duels:

I'll be there on Merdur regardless, just a recommendation ^

LoL. I do like the video, fits Mercs in PvP very well. Though I am glad you will not be bringing your Jug.

Edited by SyphonSith

In the actual pit next to the vendor? If so, isnt that a pretty crappy location for a kiting sage/sorc ? Or maybe it's bigger than I remember it to be.

But then again, what the hell is a sage/sorc going to do in a 1 vs 1?

I'm also wondering if there are any rules to how stealth classes start.

In the actual pit next to the vendor? If so, isnt that a pretty crappy location for a kiting sage/sorc ? Or maybe it's bigger than I remember it to be.

We will see about this, i have a few ideas planned and a few locations in outlaws den that we can use to allow for a wider range of areas we can use for the tournament. Obviously I don't want it to be so vast without any out-of-bounds areas that a stealther can vanish, go miles away and heal to full and just drag out the time on the 1v1. We will discuss all of this if needed at the location of the tournament. For now, we are all meeting at the arena pit next to the vendor and there will be a time limit of 5 or 10 minutes per match. If you are coming to the tournament, please bring these things up before we begin so we can sort it out.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Obviously I don't want it to be so vast without any out-of-bounds areas that a stealther can vanish, go miles away and heal to full and just drag out the time on the 1v1.

Once a duel is started, an invisible perimeter is set around the players. If one of them ventures too far away from the original starting location, it forfeits them. Of course, this would only work for same faction duels that use the actual dueling system I guess.

Edited by Legendari

Once a duel is started, an invisible perimeter is set around the players. If one of them ventures too far away from the original starting location, it forfeits them. Of course, this would only work for same faction duels that use the actual dueling system I guess.
I have a feeling that this perimeter isnt working as intended or has been nerfed.

Was standing around waiting for NP when someone in the ops dueled me. I accepted. So I started kiting and he couldnt have been more than 20 meters away when the duel all of a sudden ended. He was surprised too.

I have a feeling that this perimeter isnt working as intended or has been nerfed.

Was standing around waiting for NP when someone in the ops dueled me. I accepted. So I started kiting and he couldnt have been more than 20 meters away when the duel all of a sudden ended. He was surprised too.

Well, it's not the distance between the two characters, but instead the distance either character gets from the original duel starting location.

Maliken vs Aluvian

Duel starts

Aluvian gets the inital charge

Aluvian Ravages

Maliken Force Chokes to interrupt

=error= global cooldown bug. force choke animation is going off but 0 dmg is dealt and enemy is not cc'ed. you get a global cooldown, force choke's cooldown is still untriggered though.

Aluvian 100% health

Maliken 60%'ish.

end of duel gg bioware/ea thank you for taking my $15.00

Aluvian rules and a very good marauder if not the best. Just wanted to vent this and my disappointment in the swtor pvp gameplay. I knew this would happen and its comical to me as frustrating as it is.

Maliken vs Aluvian

Duel starts

Aluvian gets the inital charge

Aluvian Ravages

Maliken Force Chokes to interrupt

=error= global cooldown bug. force choke animation is going off but 0 dmg is dealt and enemy is not cc'ed. you get a global cooldown, force choke's cooldown is still untriggered though.

Aluvian 100% health

Maliken 60%'ish.

end of duel gg bioware/ea thank you for taking my $15.00

Aluvian rules and a very good marauder if not the best. Just wanted to vent this and my disappointment in the swtor pvp gameplay. I knew this would happen and its comical to me as frustrating as it is.

they will fix it somewhere down the line or you can buy the fix with cartel coins.

I am just saying. Sorry I missed this tourney. Best to everyone on the server. And til next we meet again...KEEP IT FUNKY!