The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Buffs and Nerfs

Powrtech

I've been waiting Bioware, for about 2 months and still nothing. Pyrotechs are the most OP spec in the game in pvp and instead when 1.4 drops you nerf Advanced Prototype. I would really like next patch for Pyrotechs to get the nerf they deserve and maybe Advanced Prototype to get some of the power back they deserve. Thanks for you consideration in reading this.

You answered yourself pretty well.

Assimilate or die.

Now go back to your basement :D

I've been waiting Bioware, for about 2 months and still nothing. Pyrotechs are the most OP spec in the game in pvp and instead when 1.4 drops you nerf Advanced Prototype. I would really like next patch for Pyrotechs to get the nerf they deserve and maybe Advanced Prototype to get some of the power back they deserve. Thanks for you consideration in reading this.

Pyrotech is not overpowered. It does high burst and slightly more dps (within a 5% margin) compared to AP, but this is compensated with extremely poor survivability and no escape tools whatsoever. AP did not get nerfed with 1.4, it got buffed, so not sure what you are saying.

First off, let's be clear, you have to be talking about Pyro for Powertechs... specifically (I know we are in the powertech forum, I just want to make sure you aren't lumping the lackluster Merc Pyro variant into your statement. ;) )

While I agree that AP did not get a the boost it needed, I don't think Pyro is OP at all. It does great burst, but so do a lot of other specs now. I still think it your burst is off, Powertech is still not that great in one v one situations in ranked wz's.

I've said it before but the 1v1 gods are still the 1v1 gods. PT is not in my top 3 honestly. Utility is 'ok', but not great. It is a -slow- character period, but it is good at putting pressure on healers.... as are some other characters.

Frankly I'd love a boost to AP. But as someone who also has a geared Juggernaut, I can tell you the AoE ability of AP is really nothing in comparison.

In powertech Pyro has the survivability tools that comes with base Powertech, our shield ability and the one that regens health (sorry dont have names handy). And with spec in they get reduced cooldowns on these abilities, every time they're hit. So not only do they burst insane damage but they can use these cooldowns more than AP. And what AP buffs are you talking about? I would love to know :p

In powertech Pyro has the survivability tools that comes with base Powertech, our shield ability and the one that regens health (sorry dont have names handy). And with spec in they get reduced cooldowns on these abilities, every time they're hit. So not only do they burst insane damage but they can use these cooldowns more than AP.

Yes and these defensive cooldowns still aren't very good. The 25% damage resistance shield equals something like a 2.5% damage reduction total over a period of two minutes.

AP gets a passive 2% damage reduction, a passive 30% damage reduction to all AOE attacks, and another passive 30% damage reduction when stunned.

In addition, Pyrotech has no ways to escape unfavorable encounters while AP has a 30% in-combat movement boost that also provides immunity to slows, pulls and roots. Great for making an escape.

Defense-wise, there is no comparison and AP trumps Pyrotech.

And what AP buffs are you talking about? I would love to know :p

You can read the 1.4 patchnotes for that.

Edited by LordExozone

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I just realized lol! Damn i feel like a fool haha for some reason i thought before 1.4 prototype flamethrower did 20% stacked 5 times, my bad. And it may just be my armor but Pyrotechs still down me fast without me getting them down even like 20%. Might be playing it wrong but here's my spec:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef7e3fe7fe7fef16

So if theres something I'm doing wrong or anything let me know, but it probably is the fact that I'm still in not so good gear for pvp.

Sorry for acting a fool everybody :p I do that sometimes

I do know my class been playing since release just sometimes i forget the names playing this GW2 and Tribes ascend messes me up lol. And now I realize its not that bad, i mean with champion and battlemaster gear im gettin 'round 8-12 average medals per WZ. I got no reason to complain lol i just got caught up in the rage after one WZ i was just getting owned by two Pyros (a deadly combo lol)

I do know my class been playing since release just sometimes i forget the names playing this GW2 and Tribes ascend messes me up lol. And now I realize its not that bad, i mean with champion and battlemaster gear im gettin 'round 8-12 average medals per WZ. I got no reason to complain lol i just got caught up in the rage after one WZ i was just getting owned by two Pyros (a deadly combo lol)

And this is why I can't blame Bioware for ignoring these boards.

We're not the most OP class. You don't see PT's getting over 1000 DPS in warzones like these Juggs and Muraders do. You don't see us witht he highest hit records either. On top of that, if you're worried about a PT then roll an assasin. They're pretty formable in 1 v 1 against PTs.

if your not playing pyro, your not playing a powertech right... i've seen these fool in WZ's with there full WH gear(i'm like 2/3 piece away) in there AP spec thinking there gonna go f*ck sh*t up with there cute yellow gear under there feet lol.. on average i double up there dmg. PvP or Pve it doesnt mater as long as your not wicked dumb and can manage heat pyro is 100% better spec. Topping Maras and snipers in TFB hm by 300-600 dps TD and RS for the win.