[BUG] Hydraulic Overrides is better than Hold the Line!

Zunayson

Recently while on my operative, my jarring strike (1.5 sec knockdown on Hidden Strike) knocked down a vanguard while Hold the Line was active. At first I was confused, because the description says it guarantees protection from knockdowns. But I guessed at the time that it was bioware's poor choice of wording, and that neither hydraulic overrides nor hold the line stopped Jarring Strike.

Just yesterday, I was attacked by an operative with hidden strike out of stealth (I'm a powertech). I'm 99.99% sure it was Hidden Strike because it was a. Out of stealth, and b. Put acid blade on me. If Acid blade was put on, then I'm 99.99% sure that Jarring Strike was spec'd into. There was also a *possibility* that the operative backstabbed me from stealthed, which I find equally as improbable.

I have no evidence, but I encourage people who have fraps/some recording software and some spare time to test this out!

I think what bioware meant was "immune to bumps" rather than knockdowns. My problem with hold the line is that i'm pretty sure it doesn't boost my running speed by 30% as it pretends. Anyone can confirm that ?

It does accelerate you up to sprint speed (the same 30%) during combat. Sprint and HtL do not stack however, so no speed increase out of combat is granted.

The same is sadly true for the speed increase via talented Highenergy cell

Edited by PonderSt

• 2 weeks later...