Is Book of Sith any good?

MorgothPl

Browsing the SW items on amazon.com - as I want to take the advantage of business trip to States and get some things either too pricey or unaviable in Europe, I found thing like "Book of Sith" by James Luceno for $54 sold in a holocron.

I don't care about fancy packaging (and I'd rather have this one Kindle version), but i'm tempted to buy it, as its description on Amazon says it has basically all lore of Sith, its philosophy, and such, after the Rule of Two.

So, is this book any good, does it contain good chucnk of lore, or is this some fancy trap for fans? :)

It's a pretty interesting read, albeit a bit short. It has different chapters that are written by various sith lords throughout time (including Darth Malgus), and notes and comments from Darth Sidious, Vader, and various Jedi, on each section written in the margin like you'd see in a used textbook.

There's also a light-side version called the Jedi Path, written in a similar manner. Again, both books are pretty short but interesting reads. I bought the vault editions myself (the holocron version), which comes with various items, maps, posters, and other stuff that you'd probably look at once or twice and leave sitting inside the box/holocron afterward. Those versions were a tad overpriced (even when I bought them as Amazon Gold Box deals) but they do make a neat display among the rest of my SW stuff.

Edited by bmhale

It's a pretty interesting read, albeit a bit short. It has different chapters that are written by various sith lords throughout time (including Darth Malgus), and notes and comments from Darth Sidious, Vader, and various Jedi, on each section written in the margin like you'd see in a used textbook.

There's also a light-side version called the Jedi Path, written in a similar manner. Again, both books are pretty short but interesting reads. I bought the vault editions myself (the holocron version), which comes with various items, maps, posters, and other stuff that you'd probably look at once or twice and leave sitting inside the box/holocron afterward. Those versions were a tad overpriced (even when I bought them as Amazon Gold Box deals) but they do make a neat display among the rest of my SW stuff.

100% this. Couldn't have said it better myself.