New Tier for Rocket Boost: Infinite Boost

BlakeCloudrunner

Hello I was just thinking of making a suggestion of adding another tier to the Rocket boost which allows users to use it as Alt for say...Speeders once you've reached that Tier it would be nice having it on all of you're characters (Especially Bounty Hunter who long for being able to use the jetpack whenever they like at all times outside of combat) Just thought it would be a nice perk for those who go all the way with buying all the Tier upgrades. Making it more appealing to work towards and more rewarding to the players. (: What does everyone else think?

They should just replace the entire ability with that. Just let it be a mount for all characters that can be used indoors, for say 5 million credits.

Atm the ability is just crappy especially considering the humongous amount of credits it costs. (4.5 million credits for a 12 second mount that dismounts you when any mob looks funny at you lol)

I think the only issue with making it a "mount" is twofold. first, it's an instant (no cast time) and can be used in combat. a speeder cannot. second, it has no "knockoff" component like speeders do. if you made it a mount without those requirements, it would be infinitely OP, and even more so in PvP.

Aside from the fact that they could toggle it off for PvP....many people use it FOR PvP. And also, many people like the intant, speed boost. It's really not a mount....its a longer speed boost on a medium CD. But I do agree with the costs...like many other legacy items, it's simply far too expensive.

But making it a mount would ruin it's design. If you want a mount like that, they should just add a "rocket belt" as a real speeder in some Op or something. But this isn't a mount...it's a personal in combat speed boost.

I think the only issue with making it a "mount" is twofold. first, it's an instant (no cast time) and can be used in combat. a speeder cannot. second, it has no "knockoff" component like speeders do. if you made it a mount without those requirements, it would be infinitely OP, and even more so in PvP.

Aside from the fact that they could toggle it off for PvP....many people use it FOR PvP. And also, many people like the intant, speed boost. It's really not a mount....its a longer speed boost on a medium CD. But I do agree with the costs...like many other legacy items, it's simply far too expensive.

But making it a mount would ruin it's design. If you want a mount like that, they should just add a "rocket belt" as a real speeder in some Op or something. But this isn't a mount...it's a personal in combat speed boost.

1. It cannot be used in combat.

2. It has no knockoff, but any hostile mob or player dismounts you instantly even if the attack misses.

3. It is not at all usable in PvP currently. Why do you assume changing it into a full-time mount suddenly would make it usable in PvP?

Your other points are your opinion, but these 3 points are just flaws in your reasoning. Why would you even write them down if they are flat out wrong? I assume you don't actually have the Rocket Boost purchased?

2. It has no knockoff, but any hostile mob or player dismounts you instantly even if the attack misses.

3. It is not at all usable in PvP currently. Why do you assume changing it into a full-time mount suddenly would make it usable in PvP?

Your other points are your opinion, but these 3 points are just flaws in your reasoning. Why would you even write them down if they are flat out wrong? I assume you don't actually have the Rocket Boost purchased?

Exactly what Im saying. It would be nice especially for those who play on Bounty Hunters

You are correct sir. I don't have it....read up on it pre-release, and i guess my info was wrong. thanks for the corrections.

but again....if its a mount you want, why not just add a jet pack or jet belt ingame as a mount? and it still does not have a cast time, correct? or am i not seeing the cast time when people are running and engage it? while i was certainly off on my facts, it still would need some changes to be qualified as a mount.

I suppose as long as your okay with giving it a cast time, then you can have your expensive mount....I actually have yet to buy it purely due to price. Especially if the only advantage it has is "instant".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.