What is this new fashion of Arsenal mercs using combustible gas cylinder?

Eternalnight

Why would an arsenal mercenary use combustible gas cylinder?

I have seen a lot of these people lately. At first when I see them use CGC, I think "ok, nice, a pyrotech merc" but when the combat begins I will soon notice that they are not using any of the abilities specific to the pyro skill tree, but are instead using abilities available only for arsenal mercenary.

So why would arsenal mercenary insist on constantly using a gas cylinder that is (just look at the skill trees) clearly meant for the pyrotech?

Edited by Eternalnight

Why would an arsenal mercenary use combustible gas cylinder?

I have seen a lot of these people lately. At first when I see them use CGC, I think "ok, nice, a pyrotech merc" but when the combat begins I will soon notice that they are not using any of the abilities specific to the pyro skill tree, but are instead using abilities available only for arsenal mercenary.

So why would arsenal mercenary insist on constantly using a gas cylinder that is (just look at the skill trees) clearly meant for the pyrotech?

Cause they are moronic noobs. Arsenal mercs are handicapped enough as it is, using CGC would just make them hit softer because 35% less armor pen and overheat way too fast.

Mercs are locked in to each spec by their cylinders, you can't hybrid worth a dam.

As much as we might fantasise about it the regen for each spec is gimped and/or critical skills won't work

Arsenal loses 35% AP (which gimps everything) and loses 8 heat venting every 6 seconds from Terminal Velocity

Pyro loses the free CGC burn which is about 1600 damage before crits, Sweltering Heat, Superheated Gas and PPA stop working and Superheated Rail and Firebug are gimped.

Bodyguard loses the free heal, Supercharged Gas and Powered Insulators stop working and Empowered Scans is gimped.

Edited by Gyronamics