The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's been fun...

DarthKhaos

Your free month doesn't activate until you put in your retail CD key, and we have a two day extension of EGA, therefore, technically you could wait until the 22nd to enter your retail CD key and then setup your account with a form of reoccurring payment, as your 30 days will start at that time, not in an hour.

That's how I see it. Plus as for setting it up, you probably only need $1 in your account to verify it's a valid credit card. I doubt they would put a temp hold on $14.99 seeing as you have 30 days before that's due.

Yes, it's $1. Did it yesterday. :)

So how do you not have a credit card or debit card? Unless your too young, in which case mom or dad should have something like that. Cant afford it? You HAD to pre-order with some type of card...seems I need more details for a solution.

The OP's credit card may not be a Visa/American Express/MasterCard.

The CC's you see on the windows of the McDonalds down the road are not the 'only' Credit Cards in the world. :D

While Places like Amazon and EB-Games, or stores in other countries, May accept his/her CC, EA/Bioware may not. Which would leave him/her in the current situation of being able to buy a game, but then having issues paying the sub.

Thanks for the info concerning the grace period. I went digging for the official post and saw it so cool. I really was looking forward to being in game at the start of it.

Played a lot of MMO's previously but never had the (dis)pleasure of being in it on Launch day or at the start start of launch day.

Every MMO I have ever subscribed to has made you put in your payment method to receive your free month, it's sound business.

Yes people can cancel but people are more likely to stay through the first month of paid subscription when they pay up front than those that can pay after a 30 day grace period. Psychology meets marketing.

So how do you not have a credit card or debit card? Unless your too young, in which case mom or dad should have something like that. Cant afford it? You HAD to pre-order with some type of card...seems I need more details for a solution.

The OP is not a US citizen and by the stating his country is "down here" mentioning the Caribbean one can assume that EA wouldnt take a credit card from his country even if he had one. Also note that the OP stated that it was not possible to get game cards there YET.

I live in what was considered a "Red Zone" and I had to send money via Weston Union to a friend in the US to buy the Digital Deluxe for me and I get the code. As for if the credit card is not Visa/MasterCard it is HOWEVER some places do not accept a credit card from certain countries EVEN if it is Visa/MasterCard. PayPal is one such place.

Some people have to find work arounds for the luxuries you take for granted.

Every MMO I have ever subscribed to has made you put in your payment method to receive your free month, it's sound business.

Yes people can cancel but people are more likely to stay through the first month of paid subscription when they pay up front than those that can pay after a 30 day grace period. Psychology meets marketing.

It may be SOP but that doesn't make it a nice thing to deal with.