Free-to-Play Preview #1

CourtneyWoods

I've wanted this game to succeed since a few years before launch. I was in beta, day 1, and since. If BioWare learns to listen more, and do the SMALL things that fans ask for, they could get a LOT of subs. The big things take lots of time, lots of testing, lots of thinking. The small things they can do though will really make the difference. Some of these fun social items such as things in the cartel store are EXACTLY what they should have going. Obviously big content is important, but small things make the day to day more enjoyable. I'm glad for this patch, but they have a long way to go.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question concerning the Free 2 play option. The video stated that with free to play option when creating characters you only have 3 species to choose from for creating characters. What if you were existing player who decided to come back and already have a pre-existing character which is a different species that is not available to play on free to play option?

Link or it didn't happen......

I kid, I kid.....

I am just afraid that the pvp'ers still subscribed to this game are going to be disappointed with the lack of new bodies in pvp when this happens. I just don't see that many people paying extra to do more and, if it were me, I'd find the limitations being so strict that I wouldn't want to continue even in F2P, let alone subscribe. If I wasn't subscribed before, why would I subscribe after F2P?

Just a couple cents from someone that doesn't mean anything....

PVP players whine no matter what so they do not count. :D

• 2 weeks later...

All I want to know is the following two things...

First:

Will races beyond the human, cyborg and Zabrak be available for purchase from the market? ALL FTP's I have ever played, who have a subscriber version as well, have offered their players of the FTP a chance to purchase access to the otherwise non-accessible races due to their FTP status.

Second:

For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.

Edited by Aslesh
added information

All I want to know is the following two things...

Second:

For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.

Then you have surely read post #119 which has answered this question and provided page links. :D