Final Boss of TFB is dumb in some ways

*** 4 tentacle phases is dumb stupid shoddy design and it's tedious. It's not interesting it's just crappy grinding. Cut it to 2 tentacle phases. This is the kind of game direction that would make me and the people I play with unsub. There is nothing fun about spending 7 minutes doing that stupid tentacle combat.

*** address the awkward /stuck issues. My ops group has had many random /stuck instat deaths durring the outer space part of the combat. This is frustrating and should have been addressed by QA.

Disclaimer my ops group had no problems 1 shotting the first 4 bosses on HM and we beat the 5th boss but I'd still like to register some complaints.

Edited by Hatstandard

I am wondering what is causing the "bug" that kills people while jumping between platforms. I have probably worked on that fight 16-18 hours with 2 different raid groups and never seen anyone experience the bug. I have died between platforms before as a dps, but it was always from some tangible source of damage.

Also I make sure i always jump into the portals though, and i think majority of the people i raid with do it as well, since we learned awhile back in KP (dodging the red circles on foremen crusher), jumping and moving seems to cause you to be more in sync with the server then just moving.

It never happened to us until today. I was one of the ones killed by it. I even did the exact same thing on our following attempt as what got me auto-killed before, and it was fine. This fight isn't actually difficult at all, it's just tedious and boring with a side of buggy. Is that what you were going for, devs?

The easiest fix would be: the game should not automatically /stuck people when it thinks they are stuck. Or if it does, it should not come with the auto-kill in-combat like the manual /stuck does. The fact that you have to /stuck so often in this game in the first place is pretty sad, but that's just what happens when you doom your game before it even starts development by choosing a worthless piece of trash game engine. EA should have just stuck to re-releasing sports games every year.

Edited by Kryand

It never happened to us until today. I was one of the ones killed by it. I even did the exact same thing on our following attempt as what got me auto-killed before, and it was fine. This fight isn't actually difficult at all, it's just tedious and boring with a side of buggy. Is that what you were going for, devs?

Okay, good to know that.

Also for the fight being boring, i say it depends on your role... as a dps who is in charge of kill anomalies the 2nd phase isnt to bad, as a healer...you just try not to fall asleep before the tantrum phase, as a tank (only done it in SM, but know HM tanking as well) i believe once you get use to the pattern it will be overly simple.

But i guess that last line sorta states the whole fight, once you put in enough time on it... it becomes a very simple pattern a little bit of RNG; graphically though it is bad ***.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a boring. A little bit more interesting in HM with the additional mechanics. I find the second phase quite fun though, it's different.

No need to insult their entire designs though, Kephess, Puzzle and the Dread Guard are very fun fights imo.