The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stack all power and no crit for pvp?

evilxpoptart

I have been slowly stacking all power on my AS spec for pvp. I was wondering how well it actually does before I fill my last mods with all power and remove all crit. I figured stacking all power would yield around 20%ish crit. I currently have 25% in wz I do great damage usually leading in dps. However stuck in a 1v1 situation with somone with decent gear I have noticed some PT/AS builds can facemelt me on occuasion by it seems hitting more crits I am curious if they keep there crit % higher and if anyone out there favors more crit over power and why.

My gear, any ideas for changes would be appreciated.

I also use rakata reflex stim pushes aim to 1944 and tech damage to 993 roughly when fully buffed.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/1483a5f0-897c-4892-8f1d-facc82a85cee

Edited by evilxpoptart

Well here's the thing.

Power is less valuable than crit until crit curves too far into the DR zone.

You're junking your crit for less damage.

Look at your Assault tree.

There's a talent there called Assault Trooper. Boosts your critical damage on Plasma Cell, HiB, IR and AP.

You waste it by not having enough crit, 35% should be your minimum crit rate.

Mine is actually 38%, any higher or lower and I lose damage.

20% is just gimping yourself.

Edited by Gyronamics

Is 38% buffed/unbuffed? :)

Well here's the thing.

Power is less valuable than crit until crit curves too far into the DR zone.

You're junking your crit for less damage.

Look at your Assault tree.

There's a talent there called Assault Trooper. Boosts your critical damage on Plasma Cell, HiB, IR and AP.

You waste it by not having enough crit, 35% should be your minimum crit rate.

Mine is actually 38%, any higher or lower and I lose damage.

20% is just gimping yourself.

Pretty much. Power is only good en masse. Otherwise, anything but accuracy/alacrity is better. The poster above me is right, flat rates (3%, 6%, 9%, etc.) get more and more valuable (errr don't lose valuability, so relatively more valuable) the more crit you have

i.e. get more crit. You have like 5% crit loss for like 50 extra bonus dmg or somthing lol. Id say stack up your aim max. I see you had reflex augs (at least for some pieces, didn't check em all). Aim is ofc better than power as we have the 9% + 5% buff, and it gives crit.

Stacking aim does it for me, I find that I tend to lack it in pvp.

It's only in PvE that I start asking those questions. I find it better to get rid of accuracy - you really don't need it when all your damage comes from tech save full-auto (and that's only great for commandos).

Stacking aim does it for me, I find that I tend to lack it in pvp.

It's only in PvE that I start asking those questions. I find it better to get rid of accuracy - you really don't need it when all your damage comes from tech save full-auto (and that's only great for commandos).

What about your hammershot or HIB? so your saying your dropping acc just to throw your 3 nades and a incen round with a little explosive round?

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents

Before 1.4 i did not use crit... didn't need to. My play style was just to sit back and dot enemies and use HiB when ever. Just with the eliminator set bonus I was satisfied with the crit of the HiB.

Now after 1.4 we have changed... we need crit. Our biggest hitter is our burst... and with that we need everything to crit. If I can get sticky, plastique, HiB, and butt strike all to crit in one rotation, it's lights out.

Before 1.4, I used no crit and stacked power augs... and I hit like a truck.

Now after 1.4, I through in some crit suff and I stack aim augs... my HiB doesn't hit for 6k anymore but my overall DPS went up.

I used to have around 150 crit rating and now I have 235, and I am a very happy vangard :)