How much do I need to Download if I install from Disks?

JBroken

Not trying to sketch you out, but it's probably going to be AT LEAST a GB.

In fact, why don't you come back to this thread and let us know how big your DL is. This is just a preventative measure to help save forum space. I'm sure others will want to know the same thing. And maybe your thread will save them from creating other threads about this topic.

Edited by Stradoo

It should be up to date with the disc's. except for the small patches from the other day.

the discs have been with the various retailers for the past 30+ days... and in the last 30 days, there's probably been no more than 250Mbytes of patched data

Edited by dduttonnc

the discs have been with the various retailers for the past 30+ days... and in the last 30 days, there's probably been no more than 250Mbytes of patched data

Yer nuts friend. Show us some proof, but I don't buy that... not for a second.

It should be up to date with the disc's. except for the small patches from the other day.

Nope. The CDs were mastered at least a month ago, if not longer. It will probably be a few hundre MBs to 1 GB or more.

Edited by Knewt

Nope. The CDs were mastered at least a month ago, if not longer. It will probably be a few hundre MBs to 1 GB or more.

I don't know how long it takes to make a million disks.

If they were mastered that long ago, then maybe, but that's unlikely.... and here's why.

If you were in beta (not a weekend betatester) after thanksgiving, you would've had to download the new 20Gb update. If you downloaded that, they would not have required another d/l for retail and they stated it WAS the retail version. You had to REINSTALL the game from that beta, from scratch. Because there is absolutely no way they would require a 20Gb download for launch (they're not that stupid), I conclude that they used the newer beta version I had downloaded and installed on my computer after thanksgiving.

From that beta version in late November, there were only a couple/few updates. I remember the last two were very small (on the order of 30MB). There may have been another, larger one, but it didn't stress me out on my slow link, so I'm certain it was also pretty small. I completely stand by my original statement.

Edited by Vuelhering