Server crash?

SneiK

I work on the over night shift for a very large ISP. I doubt this will give anyone any credit or solace, but I'm quite positive that these guys are working as fast and as hard as possible to get their sh t together and restore service. Some times its not just as easy as "Flip the power breaker Bob, we'll get these guys up in 5 minutes"

Having been "That Guy" that has impacted hundreds of thousands, if not millions of customers in a single outage - the last thing you want to do is explain what happened, how it happened and why it took you so long to get it fixed. And you really don't want to have to sit on a conference call all day/night explaining it over and over again to your vice president who then reports to his boss and his boss and on and on it goes. Lets face it, we all report to someone.

Life goes on, you'll get your daily refund. Its Friday morning, and as much as I'd love to be playing right now - meh. I'm sure I can waste time on facebook, read a book or even go for a walk.

i like you

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so you already have the solution...yet you dont do it...you sound like bioware...

I was about to when THE FRIGGIN' SERVER CRASHED!!!!!!, you should try thinking before typing, or atleast read all the related posts. That is unless you make a habit out of commenting on conversations you've only heard part of.

I work on the over night shift for a very large ISP. I doubt this will give anyone any credit or solace, but I'm quite positive that these guys are working as fast and as hard as possible to get their sh t together and restore service. Some times its not just as easy as "Flip the power breaker Bob, we'll get these guys up in 5 minutes"

Having been "That Guy" that has impacted hundreds of thousands, if not millions of customers in a single outage - the last thing you want to do is explain what happened, how it happened and why it took you so long to get it fixed. And you really don't want to have to sit on a conference call all day/night explaining it over and over again to your vice president who then reports to his boss and his boss and on and on it goes. Lets face it, we all report to someone.

Life goes on, you'll get your daily refund. Its Friday morning, and as much as I'd love to be playing right now - meh. I'm sure I can waste time on facebook, read a book or even go for a walk.

This walking you speak of, what is its purpose?

Good news.... The public test server is still up.... which means you can progress a toon and loose all that progress in 2 weeks

WINNING....DUH!!

Actually... I haven't lost progress since the last character copy which was... sometime after 1.2 I think. Sadly, I don't think they are doing character copies right now. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying the PTS as there seems to be renewed interest in the feedback. And having a 50 over there testing out new content... well, there are worse pass times.

UPDATE 12:05PM CDT: Thank you for your continued patience. NA and EU servers remain offline, and we have no ETA for when they will be available. We will update this thread again within an hour.

UBER FAIL

LOL. First you guys ***** that they don't give you an update. Now that they give you one, you STILL *****? Seriously?

It's Friday evening (prime gaming time) here ;-). I just got home (bike+rain = :eek:). I haven't had much time to spend on TOR lately, and really had been looking forward to a quiet evening with my lovely Bounty Hunter gal.

Oh well, it wasn't to be.

It's Friday evening (prime gaming time) here ;-). I just got home (bike+rain = :eek:). I haven't had much time to spend on TOR lately, and really had been looking forward to a quiet evening with my lovely Bounty Hunter gal.

Oh well, it wasn't to be.

I'm in the same boat, but it's my Shadow who I wanted to play :(

Hey everyone - we've posted an official thread for tracking. NA and EU servers are currently unavailable, and we'll keep you updated here as we get new information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=543310. Thanks for your patience as we work to make the servers available again.

i just tried to log in and downloaded and installed a patch , why can i do that but not get into game?

I've been there too. And I'm sure they aren't taking a break for lunch. lol. Sheez, they don't need to spend time with a play by play. They need to focus on resolving the issue whatever it is.

Come now... some of you act like this is the first time this has ever happened while playing a MMO. For a sophisticated group of gamers, some of you act like you are anything but that. That in and of itself is an epic fail.

Edited by Rafaman