Who has the better animations and why?

Letsjet

I personally think the marauder. Juggernaut's defense animation is litterally a cartoon shield (ones that look like a sideways D?) marauder also has those two sabers, and a big-red-bubble type shield.

Guardian versus sentinel on the other hand, guardian wins.

Man, I'm torn. My warrior is body style two and I gotta decide. I've weighed alot of factors and this is just one. I'm kinda leaning towards Jugg and they do have a, i don't know, regal? swordplay.

One factor, as silly as it might be, is what attacks am I going to look at for 40 levels plus end game raiding.

vengeance jugs hands down. Shatter and impale are absolute beauties in terms of animation. Marauders have nothing to them. Hell juggs make even vicious slash look cool.

My favorite thing on my jug was to build up rage and then spam vicious slash, reminded me of that moment when Vader just tries to overpower Luke and keeps trying to smash luke with his lightsaber.

And don't even get me started on ravage. Ravage with 2 blades makes no sense!

Oh also juggs have all the cool looking armor to go with your cool looking animations :>

Edited by AllanGand

dude honestly there can't be a better animation than impale. Front flip into the air and land with the saber pointing down towards your target impaling them on it.

I especially don't like this animation because it feels so unrealistic. I don't like Marauder's Rupture for the same reason.

Besides, I agree with Anysao. Marauder over Juggernaut (and Guardian over Sentinel), because the hits of the Juggernaut only expresses brute strength and it seems a bit over-board to me. It's like it would have been a bad actor/stuntman with the role of a random Sith in a SW movie (especially when executing Ravage and Viscious Slash), while when the Warrior wields 2 weapons the move look smooth, it gives a faster pace and so the Marauder look more dynamic.

Edited by Altheran

the sith warrior class description describes it as using brute strength to take down their victims. It doesn't say marauder or juggernaut specifically. Marauder just seems to combine strong strikes with speed. if any saber wielder uses speeds its the assassin. Those animations are FAST

why Guardian over Sent?

Because moves like Fence or Master Strike for exemple, are moves I think are better when single wielding, and most of Sent's move are just copy/pasted between Sentinel and Marauder (and I prefer the furious striking pace on a Sith rather than on a Jedi)

yep. remember when darth vader hacked off luke's hand by repeatedly beating him down. no finesse there.

Not to mention Luke's (unplanned) revenge when he fought Vader in RotJ. in a fit of rage (no pun intended!) he hammered Vader until he was a wet noodle on the ground. That fight scene still sends shivers up my spine. the first time my martial arts instructor talked about Zanshin, I thought of that scene...where he had Vader right there, all he needed was one more stroke. and he chose not to. Zowie!

I just can't get into my maurader. the juggernaut feels like they are pummeling their opponent. Very visceral, very cool. If i want finesse, id go repub side with the guardian. they have some very traditional Kendo style movements and more finesse in their application. Sith should be raw rage translated into efficient sword strikes. and The jugg fits that perfectly IMO. each hit I feel like I'm pounding the opponent into the ground. and my top animations in the game to this day are still impale and shatter. both spinning attacks....one a brutal overhead smash (with a wicked laugh too...the female chuckle is just awesome), the other your spearing your opponents head with your saber. just awesomely vicious.

The animation for massacre (carnage tree 31point talent) is pretty awesome especially when you spam it with berzerk. The mirror ability for sents, blade rush, is not so awesome looking in comparison. Edited by Projawa

First I'll say I have all 4 of the knight/warrior class over 2 servers, missing merciless slash and the top tanking ability on the guardian, and I personally disagree.

I think ravage fits single saber a lot better, and that master strike actually looks awesome on the sentinel.

Also, vicious slash beats slash any day single saber. Still can't figure why my guardian start wiggling it before striking.

Bash beats pommel strike any day for the tank trees (*****slap anyone?) and crushing blow sure look awesome.

Also...I'm really annoyed by the baseball player stance of my guardian. I always keep thinking when I'm fighting an elite some dude will eventually appear and say "3rd strike OUUUT"

The "come at me" stance of the jug is much cooler :)

For the rest, sundering assault/strike is the same, battering assault vs zealous I like both.

I prefer also blade storm to force scream on the sent. That wave of the main hand weapon looks rather nice most of the time!

Again, guardian looks like he swung at something and missed. Wtb baseball bat shaped vibrosword.

I always keep thinking when I'm fighting an elite some dude will eventually appear and say "3rd strike OUUUT"

[...]

Again, guardian looks like he swung at something and missed. Wtb baseball bat shaped vibrosword.

Basically, we think the opposite but you may have a point here. The thought of a baseball stance popped in my head at least one time, but you made me laugh, really.

Jedi Guardians make for the more traditional combat you're use to seeing in the movies, imo. Whereas Sith Juggernauts are more brute force attacks. I can't stand Dual Wield so I can't really say I like either Marauder or Sentinel animations. :p

I like Jedi Guardian better though.

Edited by spectreclees

Firstly im one of those that like style, flair and fluidity to sheer brutality. I can understand the appeal and the efficiancy of it but its just not me (hence my love of the prequal sabre fights as opposed to the original)

So with that said,

I choose Mara over Jug.

Ravage: with dual sabres looks like a gracefull dance of death, Single sabre hit, spin, double sabre hit, spin, follow through with a strong double stike across the torso.

Annihilate: Reverse grip double impale topped off with a roar and burst of firey red aura

pommel strike is funny, it reminds me so much of the FF8 tonberry's "doink" which is further improved with the damage it does.

Just the way you can combine these moves with others and you get this fluid (yet still brutal) killing spree

Stance in general looks better

Running and walking anim looks sweet as

But!

I prefer gaurdian over sentinal

Master strike looks way better with a single sabre than a double

Blade strike same as above.....reminds me somewhat of a getsuga tensho :rolleyes:

a few others but i cant remember the names (my JK is still in the early stages)

Conclusion: I love my marauder :D

Edited by RigbyC

Blade strike same as above.....reminds me somewhat of a getsuga tensho :rolleyes:

Imagine it with a black-red lightsaber, and now imagine and hope that the visual effect of Blade Storm would color-match with the blade...

I just created a fantasy in your mind.

Edited by Altheran

I personally prefer my Marauder to my Juggernaut as far as animation is concerned. Thought there are a few moves that are just better for each. However my favorite animation (other than pimp hand because cmon) in the game has to be Vicious Slash. You bring both sabers back as far as you can to swing them to your opponent just to batter them into the ground. Yes most moves are more flashy and acrobatic butt hen again with two sabers we need to be more dexterous. However we also mix in hard hitting strikes when you least expect it never thinking that our acrobatic style could deliver such brutality.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.