Co-op datacron on Quesh

Rabenschwinge

There are usually only very few people on Quesh, so I am having a bit trouble getting the endurance +4 datacron on Quesh.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/quesh/906/

This guide is somewhat outdated, there is no way you can push the button from the inside - it has been moved a bit further away from the door. At one instance, while I was standing inside and asking in general chat for help someone pushed the button from the imperial side. I don't know whether I was simply fast enough - I produced a lot of "wwww" in chat, but unlike this guide suggests, I am not sure whether it is possible for a single one person inside to press the two buttons inside short enough after each other to trigger the override.

So is it possible for a single one person locked in in the room to get the datacron or not of you're fast?

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well... I suppose it is. A Sith Inquisitor came around to help me (Jedi Consular) with it, but you got to be really fast, move in a perfectly straight line and click the button at maximum distance. I think you have two seconds to click the other button after clicking the first.

Curiously said Sith Inquisitor never said anything, even after pointing out that I can only hear her if she speaks in local chat (/say ...) She attemted it twice now and died on both... I only made it because I pushed in a medkit. And when you die, you have to walk all the way back from the respective base.

So ... it's a lot simpler with three people.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I agree. Getting this datacron is one of those instances where the theory is simple and straightforward, but the execution is decidedly less so. I've been frustrated by that one for those reasons. Best way so far is to form a Guild group (assuming you are guilded) where everyone understands the sense of urgency before trying. PUGs can work, but you don't really know who you are dealing with.

That, or on some servers Guilds have hosted groups server-wide just for chasing down those datacrons. Sounds like that would work for that datacron. Also, makes it easier all around if you have members in a group that can pull. Along with Quesh, the pipe routes of the Coruscant datacrons have given me (and numerous others) fits too. My Smuggler can do the jumps just fine- but my Jedi always seem to get messed up. Must be the robes, lol. Having a group would help there also- especially if the group has someone who can pull those of us who for some reason suck at jumping and balancing on pipes in this game.

I, for one, never solo'd that datacron on Quesh. I did try, but that walk back from camp seems so much longer when you do it multiple times. I gave up after a few times and went back for it when someone else in the Guild was raging over it. Then we hit the one on Taris. No one ever seems willing to assist off general Chat requests for that one, either.

Edited by amaresch

The other day I must have asked for help getting that one about 4 times in general chat on my Sith Warrior. Ended up getting help from a Republic Gunslinger to get it done.

I did kill myself about 4 times trying to solo it. It is just no longer possible without a speed boost.

This guide is somewhat outdated, there is no way you can push the button from the inside - it has been moved a bit further away from the door. unlike this guide suggests

You can still push the button from inside.Just did it.

Play a bit with the camera rotation.

I am not sure whether it is possible for a single one person inside to press the two buttons inside short enough after each other to trigger the override.

So is it possible for a single one person locked in in the room to get the datacron or not of you're fast?

He does it alone with Force Speed ->

Did it myself that way.But i was not able to do it with Transcendence nor Rocket Boots.

Doesnt´t mean it´s not doable tho.Felt very close.

Edited by Sabredance

You can still push the button from inside.Just did it.

Play a bit with the camera rotation.

He does it alone with Force Speed ->

Did it myself that way.But i was not able to do it with Transcendence nor Rocket Boots.

Doesnt´t mean it´s not doable tho.Felt very close.

Well, as I said in the next post, it is possible. And you don't have to use Force Speed, just be very accurate. WHen you turn you camera it must be perfect. Move straight to the button and stop to click at as soon as the mouse pointer becomes yellow... two seconds is what you have.

(At the time being I am working on the exact opposite so to say... a baloon ride over tatooine, waiting for an hour or so for the baloon to arive here)

However, I would still strongly recomend getting two more people - regardless of whether republic or imperial. With three people it's as easy as... breathing. :D

Edited by Rabenschwinge