The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech tanking

I've had the game for a while now, and been leveling several characters along with each other at the same time. I've decided I want to focus on my Powertech with tanking. How should my PT be with stats? I've heard lots of people say to stack endurance, but then I hear lots of others saying that endurance just makes PTs worse. I'm confused on the matter, and would like to get straight what I need to be focusing on if I want to be a competent tank. I've tanked in other games, and in SWTOR it seems to me stats have a much bigger impact than in other games.

from what i can gather, its shield/absorb that we should stack. im also new to PT tanking, but have a semi decent tank set from being dps for so long. currently sitting around 50% for both shield and absorb, and havent had any healers complain. I started at around 40% in both when I switched to tank.

Ideally you want your shield and absorb high because of how heat management and rocketpunch work. I've cleared through 3/5 HM TFB on my PT tank and the stats I'm sitting at are 20% def chance, 58% shield and 58% absorb. Seems like 20% is right around the DR for defense, so I wouldn't suggest going much higher than that. After that I would recommend shield and absorb, if you stack endurance you're wrong.

absorb>shield>defense

you want to aim (much down the road) for 50%+ in both shield and absorb... eventually you should be around 56% in absorb and shield with the rest dumped into defense. down the road when you're looking at lvl 56+ gear you want absorb>endurance in enhancements. But when you're lower in gear level you want to absorb<endurance