Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

Wraiven

I know how to play just fine, thank you. Has nothing to do with knowing how to play, it has to do with preference. I had no issues breaking stuns with it the way it was previously. If you did break stuns with it previously, then that tells me that it is *you* who does not know how to play, and making this a cone instead of an AoE knock back simply caters to your lack of knowledge on how to use an AoE correctly.

Nice try, but you only proved to me who it is here that *really* has no clue how to play. Since you wanted to take it that rout. :rolleyes:

Nope sorry.

It allows me to use AOE more often and more effectively since I am in control of the direction. Opens whole new ways how to play that were not possible before. Especially if there is more then one person involved that know what they doing.

I had no issues before the patch really but now I can do things that were simply not possible before.

If someone is too lazy or incompetent to see it ,and try to take advantage of it , that is not my or Bioware problem.

Again Control > 360 If you know what you doing. That is all.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well played team in RWZ can skyrocket without having to be all the same class. If a well organized team are all playing the same class, that tells you even more so that something is wrong. It further proves his point, not diminishes it, IMO.

It proves nothing, other then they wanted to run an all the same class group.

The nice thing about SWTOR IMO, is that classes have more flexibility to play in PvP then the forced cookie cutter PvP of WoW and some other MMOs where there was typically one or two correct groupings to be successful. NOT that ranked warzones are real PvP in my opinion, but that's another topic entirely.

If the change to the Sorcerer's Overload is so great, why didn't they change the Mercenary's Jet Boost to a fronal cone "attack"? After all, same function right?

Different classes,different skills combinations. Does Soc have defense cd that lasts 12s? does Merc have force armor,force speed,etc....?

The constant whine over the changes is getting pretty abnormal at this point. Control > 360 is something I definitely agree with. I can not stress how powerful the new ability is for Sages and Sorcerers enough, SO LONG as you know how to execute it and when to execute it.

Nerfs and Buffs will come and go. Adapt, people.

In the last update, Bioware made some choices for us that many players obviously are not happy about, what-so-ever. Two of those changes are...

• Taking away the Knock Back from Rocket Punch's Afterburner
  • Taking away an AoE from Inquisitors and Counselors

This kind of stuff happens when PvP trumps PvE when it comes to power design. PvP players cry the most, so their problems are more important than PvE players.

Are we *still* QQing about the stun range? The ones that changed were the "oh crap" buttons anyway. They are 60s cooldowns. Switching these to 10m only slightly nerfs the longer range ACs of the classes they affect, but they don't affect the shorter-range ACs (assassin/shadow, vanguard/powertech), which should already be fighting in the 4-10m range anyway.

I can see the argument about the aoe knockback switched to cone going either way, but honestly I think a lot of the negative reactions are inherently because people are always going to complain about nerfs anyway, not because it has changed the game significantly. A sizable group of players have always complained the TOR was too casual and easy. Well now guess what? The nerf just increased the factor of player skill instead of just standing around and pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 in every fight.

As an Assassin this nerf was heavy. Our ability to get back to damage range is harder than a marauder or juggie. Its also a huge buff to long range classes. I use to stun and grab guys in cover and pull them into uncomfortable positions. Pretending all the melee classes are the same is the stupidity of this nerf. Its completely absent any thought into the class differences. Melee is melee. You guys are all the same is a completely ignorant and stupid method to balancing. BIOWARE/EA. DO YOU HEAR ME? JUST BECAUSE I DO MELEE DAMAGE DOESN"T MEAN MY STUN ABILITY SHOULD BE THE SAME AS ANOTHERS.

The problem with the model is that classes are not the same. So pretending a 10m stun range for a marauder and an assassin are the same is lame. Give me a 30m leap. My 30m gap closer force pull is only available in darkness and has a resolve limitation and a 30s longer cooldown. Oh and obliterate is a 10m closer in rage that goes through cover.

So don't go talking for assassins on this nerf. Yeah marauders and juggies its probably fair. For my class it sucks. Add in that I already play at a disadvantage to those classes. I wear light armor. My mitigation is less, and now my closer was gimped further compared to other classes.

Do I care? Nope. I am rolling a Smash juggie. He's lvl 46 and I'll just join the FOTM. These current developers are clueless on the impact they are making to classes. But you continue to support the ignorant view.