lightsabers

turnoverla-page

in the films jedi only had blue and green lightsabers apart from windu, and none of them had double one or two of them what makes me wonder why did George miss out yellow and purple and having 2 or a double one?

Maul had a double, we knew that before we knew about Windu's Electrum lightsaber.

Also, if I remember correctly during the Rise of the Empire/ Rebuilding of the Republic period (SW: 1-6) the location of Ilum, a major source of color crystals, had been "lost."

in the films jedi only had blue and green lightsabers apart from windu, and none of them had double one or two of them what makes me wonder why did George miss out yellow and purple and having 2 or a double one?

In the big melee on Geonosis, (where Windu kills Jango) you can see some random Jedi in the background using a yellow saber.

Also, if I remember correctly during the Rise of the Empire/ Rebuilding of the Republic period (SW: 1-6) the location of Ilum, a major source of color crystals, had been "lost."

That's almost correct. The reason there were primarily blue and green crystals is BECAUSE the Jedi mostly used only the Ilum caves. Ilum produced only green and blue. In the aftermath of the Jedi Purge, Palpatine had the caves on Ilum destroyed along with many other crystal caves on various planets. That's why Luke's green crystal is actually a synth crystal (made by himself) rather than a naturally occurring crystal.

I hope that clears things up. There is a huge long history of this, but I won't go into it if no one is interested.