Colour Matching to Chest not working?

Sentanta

I have a pair of boots that are not matching colour to the chest piece - Black Chest - Silver boots - thought it might be that the boots just don't exist in black - no biggie - but now I have tried it with a new head piece and a new pair of gloves and they are not matching either - gloves remain the same colour - gold and brown and head piece turns red when I try to match it to my black chest piece! Anyone else having similar issues?

I think the 'match' is to the color scheme of whatever the slot for that set of gear is. So if you have a xxxxx-comando chest and you match, the head is going to take the colors of the xxxxxx-comando hat. Sometimes that doesn't give the colors you're expecting.

It's matching a colour scheme I think... this is true for a lot of smuggler outfits. The pants are always a strange colour, like purple or red even if you are wearing a brown jacket. I think it's just for artistic flare...

Troopers however...is strange they should all look the same no matter what.

Some things just don't match up. Right now I have a red/light blue chest and green/brown pants no matter if match is on or off. A bit ago I had gloves and a hat that were mostly yellow reguardless of the chest colors. It made me look like a construction worker. lol

Alot of that stuff is acting strange right now. I just got a really nice Trooper chest piece last night. It was white and my boots were already white. I color matched my so my grey legs would be white also. The legs turned a darker grey and the white boots that already matched turned black. The best part about this was I was taking a new player around to show her the game. I got the chest piece and told her to check out this cool feature. She looked at me and was like, yeah...real cool.

I think the 'match' is to the color scheme of whatever the slot for that set of gear is. So if you have a xxxxx-comando chest and you match, the head is going to take the colors of the xxxxxx-comando hat. Sometimes that doesn't give the colors you're expecting.

Exactly. How is it that people do not understand this? Yeah, sometimes one may question the "color scheme" that goes with a particular chest, but it's fairly easy to work around in my experience by seleting a piece of gear that is the color you want and deselecting color match for that particular piece of gear.

Exactly. How is it that people do not understand this? Yeah, sometimes one may question the "color scheme" that goes with a particular chest, but it's fairly easy to work around in my experience by seleting a piece of gear that is the color you want and deselecting color match for that particular piece of gear.

But doesn't selecting a piece of gear that already matches the colour you want completely negate the whole purpose of the "match to chest" feature?

But doesn't selecting a piece of gear that already matches the colour you want completely negate the whole purpose of the "match to chest" feature?

They can't possibly try every single combination to make sure it looks perfect. Each piece has a certain amount of skins that can be associated with it. When you select match to chest it tries to pick one that shares similar colors. It's not always going to be perfect.

I know that on my Sentinel when I click the match color scheme nothing changes (I do not wear a complete set of any gear).

Prior to 1.4 the colors changed a bit.

I don't know if 1.4 changed it to work or broke it, all I know is that pre 1.4 that button changed some colors and post 1.4 it doesn't change colors.

I guess some of you have not figured out that there are some armor pieces that have at least one static color that can't be changed with unify color, and some have more than one. Some pieces don't even match the rest of its set . That includes both crafted, and dropped sets.

I've bug reported many pieces like that, and if you find any, you should report them as well.

No it does not. Color matching in this game appears to go by set matching, and that means sometimes you get boots or gloves or pants that when matched are not what you wanted. When that happens, I go select an alternate piece of armor that will give me the color result that I want (with matching for that pieces disabled, and sometimes with it enabled). It sometimes requires a bit of experimenting.

Edited by Andryah

I know that on my Sentinel when I click the match color scheme nothing changes (I do not wear a complete set of any gear).

Prior to 1.4 the colors changed a bit.

I don't know if 1.4 changed it to work or broke it, all I know is that pre 1.4 that button changed some colors and post 1.4 it doesn't change colors.

Color matching works for me in 1.4. I have not seen any changes in color appearance for any armor on any of my characters. That said, sometimes color matching makes no noticeable difference in color for a particular piece of armor, which just means it is color matched to the particular chest you are wearing by default.

Color matching isn't just color matching. It matches the scheme of the set of the Chest piece used as that set would look if those pieces were part of it. For instance, with the Rugged Smuggler Chest piece any Pants that are matched to it will turn beige, because the Rugged Smuggler Pants are beige. In addition, some pieces are limited to the colors they can match because of the set they are part of, which results in some odd matches indeed. But I believe most items are working as intended.

If you find a piece that doesn't change at all or turns some totally off color that doesn't match at all, make sure to report it as a bug in-game. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

They can't possibly try every single combination to make sure it looks perfect. Each piece has a certain amount of skins that can be associated with it. When you select match to chest it tries to pick one that shares similar colors. It's not always going to be perfect.

Exactly - its the colour that I am talking about - Black Chest - Red Head - Brown and Gold Gloves - Silver boots - its not a matter or going through every combination - just basic colours - its not working properly as far as I can see!