Easy fix to revive open world PvP using dailies.

jstergar

A REASON TO OPEN WORLD PVP:

Take Illum as an example. Stick a small base right smack in the middle of it. Add a control console like the node consoles in Novare Coast which are used to turn the base faction. Then add in some elite NPC's and a half dozen strongs to help protect the base. Move the Heroic 2 daily and maybe a new non-heroic to the base. That way your faction has to control the base to get the missions.

A single player will not be able to turn the base. Make enough NPC where it takes a 2+ in good gear or 4 in bad gear. This also helps a single player viable for defense against a group. If the base is being attacked a zone wide announcment would be nice. This would bring in enemy players to defend it.

Rewards:

1) PVE - You get access to your Heroic daily and maybe an extra non-heroic daily.

2) PVE - How about making a weekly where you have to cap the base and receive 3 daily comms as a reward.

3) PVP - I would absolutely love to see a system where you get X non ranked comms per enemy kill if it's within X amount of meters from the base.

Edited by jstergar

Sounds more like PvE than PvP.

I edited some. It would be only be a PvE fight if there's nobody to defend. That's still a good thing though. It gets players together to coordinate for the takeover. A zonewide announcement that the base is now under "Imperial" or "Republic" control would add some incentive for the opposing faction to come in and turn it back.

There is NOTHING in this game that brings the opposing factions together to fight other than a Q system with instanced warzones. All this is doing is creating a focal point where we will cross paths and have a good fight.

I'd love to seem any type of reward for open world pvp period... atm, outside of ganking and griefing, there's no real point to open world pvp. If nothing else, at least give one comm for killing someone that's a higher level or no more than 2 levels lower. And they could implement something to prevent griefing like after a player dies there's a 20 minute period where killing that player will not reward any comms or some such. Similar to what they implemented in Ilum before they scrapped it.

Any kind of benifit linked to world pvp would be great. The lord of the Rings had a PVP zone with castles and faction benifits for control and it was fun. Ether way they need to do something to keep people around after reaching lvl 50...

Still you would be mixing the two together which I am not that interested in. They would be better putting a system like that in the black hole.

Anyways they are doing an overhaul to Ilum in January.

I actually like it... sounds similar to what Warhammer had and I loved the open world in that game.

But official word on over haul on January? Really?

That's dope... I've been hearing about them talk about is since March or April... good to know we have an ETA on it now. Where'd you hear Jan from?

I actually like it... sounds similar to what Warhammer had and I loved the open world in that game.

But official word on over haul on January? Really?

That's dope... I've been hearing about them talk about is since March or April... good to know we have an ETA on it now. Where'd you hear Jan from?

No YOU shut up...

...Ill see if I can find the link about Ilum in January, I cant remember but I think it was in an interview or darth hater or something but ill find it.

Ok here is the source.

Edited by cycao

No YOU shut up...

...Ill see if I can find the link about Ilum in January, I cant remember but I think it was in an interview or darth hater or something but ill find it.

LOL.... thanks man. Would love to see what they have to say about it. Last thing I saw was guild summit vid where they basically said "It's broke... we're starting from scratch"

I thought Makeb was going to be the replacement but it doesn't look that way now.

LOL.... thanks man. Would love to see what they have to say about it. Last thing I saw was guild summit vid where they basically said "It's broke... we're starting from scratch"

I thought Makeb was going to be the replacement but it doesn't look that way now.

I added the link ^^^ its up there.

I added the link ^^^ its up there.

Thanks.... looks so good on paper. If they can follow through in a reasonable amount of time and stop breaking other stuff along the way, I'll gladly continue subbing 6 months at a time. The ideas are there... sounds like a positive direction. Crossing my fingers and hoping they can implement it properly. Not just the Ilum thing... but all of it.

Thanks.... looks so good on paper. If they can follow through in a reasonable amount of time and stop breaking other stuff along the way, I'll gladly continue subbing 6 months at a time. The ideas are there... sounds like a positive direction. Crossing my fingers and hoping they can implement it properly. Not just the Ilum thing... but all of it.

Yeah the new warzone and that might keep me around longer if they can make it work the way the originally intended Ilum to be.