If You have Unsubbed Post 1.4

WillCaedes

If you have unsubbed post 1.4, please feel free to sign this thread. Lets use it to send a clear and resound message to Bioware that we will not accept subpar patches, nor will we accept patches that cause our game play to be diminished for 5 days, with no response whatsoever other than "we're working on it."

Bioware:

You've had 6 days since patch launch, and aprox 3-4 days since the last patch with brought the GTN up, to address screen flickering, shadow issues, stuttering gameplay, stuck characters (the list goes on, feel free to browse your own Forums and see just how many bugs patch 1.4 brought in.) And the best you can do is launch a measly little patch that brings MORE bugs to the table? Y'know, if I wasn't trying to keep this thread civil, I would defintely be throwing some choice expletives at you. Seriously.

Anyways,

/signed and unsubbed as of 12:19 PM EST. 19 minutes post sub-par patch.

I haven't but i'm on the verge. At this point they should credit us free game time this is getting ridiculous. 1.4 was complete and utter failure. NEVER had performance problems before 1.4. Game ran flawlessly other than lag here and there.

I'll put my signature on a thread that would say 1.4 did nothing to hinder my enjoyment of the game. I had one problem and in my time only encountered that one problem...once. Sorry to see someone leave the community, but if one patch is the tipping point for you, or for anyone else it probably is time to look for another game to enjoy. There is an old saying, don't sweat the small stuff. I choose to think that way. Other people are obviously free to think differently. See anyone left online tonight for a bunch of quirky conversations, some good hard mode runs, and maybe even a warzone or two. Until then, man does work suck.

See, I've probably been least annoyed by 1.4 than I was with 1.2 or 1.3. Until today's patch, ironically supposed to fix graphics errors I was supposed to be having (but actually didn't), I haven't had any post 1.4 issues other than still not being able to switch instances on a planet with enough people on it to have multiple instances (but that was happening pre-1.4 and just carried over).

Today, however, I'm a little irritated. Hence the reason I'm here whining rather than playing.

I haven't but i'm on the verge. At this point they should credit us free game time this is getting ridiculous. 1.4 was complete and utter failure. NEVER had performance problems before 1.4. Game ran flawlessly other than lag here and there.

If they credit us free game time, I'll come back. I've only been able to play this game for aprox 5 days pre-1.4 patch (and it was running super smooth before the "optimization") after coming back from a 2 month break. Now whenever I try to play I have to diminish my settings to something that looks like it belongs on the Nintendo 64. And even then I still get stuttering. Honestly I wish they'd just enable an option to use 1.3 shadows as a "medium" setting. I could give a rats *** about moving shadows or smooth shadows.

I'll put my signature on a thread that would say 1.4 did nothing to hinder my enjoyment of the game. I had one problem and in my time only encountered that one problem...once. Sorry to see someone leave the community, but if one patch is the tipping point for you, or for anyone else it probably is time to look for another game to enjoy. There is an old saying, don't sweat the small stuff. I choose to think that way. Other people are obviously free to think differently. See anyone left online tonight for a bunch of quirky conversations, some good hard mode runs, and maybe even a warzone or two. Until then, man does work suck.

See, I wouldn't really mind but considering I've only had 5 days play time prior (after having to shell out the 15 just to come back) I'm kinda pissed. THAT is what my tipping point is.

Edited by WillCaedes

Okay I mentioned this way back. But this was bound to happen because sign says: "No character copy to PTS" when this patch was being tested.

Thats right folks, bioware was aware of this and have been on deck for clean up since this went live because of the miraculous failure of not devoting any time into character PTS copy.

The test group were those either forced to grind from 1 to 50 with limited time, or grind gear to face the Patch content for 1.4 they had with their pre-patch 1.3 character copies.

Honestly I am shocked there isn't that much rage on the forums about patch issues. But yeah this is one of my main gripes with bioware. I don't think unsubbing when they about to go to FPplay will make an impact. They really ****ed up and knew it.

Heres to hoping they become more focused with testing.

If you only had 5 days prior I'd suggest sticking around a little longer. Hopefully the patch today will fix a lot of the issues you were talking about. I'd rather not see someone go is all. I love this game, and wish everyone could enjoy it as much as I do. Stick around, play out the monthly membership and if it's not up to par at that point then I say you gave it a really fair shot.

• Dev Post

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. If you are experiencing an issue with the game, we do encourage you to post a thread with details about the issue (or in an already-existing thread about the same issue) or to submit a ticket to Customer Service in-game. For updates on issue, please check out the dev tracker.

We also have an existing thread where players who are leaving the game can provide constructive feedback, which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966, and we do encourage you to share your feedback there if you are leaving the game.

We will be closing this thread, but we strongly encourage you to post details about issues you have experienced or to share your feedback in the above thread. Thank you!

Edited by CommunitySupport