Patch Note?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unacceptable.

They have a PTS and players willing to find all of these bugs for them (for free I might add) and prevent horrible update releases like 1.4.

Why they do not utilize free labor to help put out a better product is beyond me.

Instead of using the PTS to track down and fix all (heck, even SOME) of the 50+ "known" bugs that appeared with update 1.4 they continue to release sub-par updates that breaks more than it adds.

We just now got a patch that does almost nothing for the vast majority of the customer base who are suffering from such a shoddy release, and addresses only two things.

I am still here...

I will continue to pay and play...

But it is things like this that will eventually cause me to walk away in disgust and look for greener pastures.

Yeah 1.4 is indeed "Terror from Beyond" with so many bugs, I agree if more patches like this more players will leave. But as a big fan of SW and a fan of this game's story and voice cover, I will stay and see them improve.

Stuttering still not fixed for non-SLI setups. And they just said nVidia so people with AMD/ATI are still stuttering too?

Oh yea. I'm an AMD guy and nothing has changed. The game is still broke and I'm not sure how many Tuesdays I can hang on while they fix two things at a time. :(

Unfortunately, their so called patch created even more bugs where they did not exist before and did not even fix what the patch indicated they were fixing :(:( Guess it is time to just give up and move on :(:(

So you have a SLI?

EDIT: omg I just checked all your posting history: are you sure you don't do this for work? I mean throwing gas on fire? I think mods should check your posts. You come out every once in a while to improve the complaints. I did not find a post from you asking for some advice or positive. Am i wrong?

Edited by NinjaApacHe

So you have a SLI?

Who cares if we have SLI or not? The fact remains they spent a week doing squat to address the problems for non SLI users. I'm seriously pissed off and on the verge of canceling due being unable to play.

Guys listen, i dnt like it either trust me. Not seeing GTN fixes, allready learned schematics disappearing when u click on them, not fixing the 1st 3 droids on kephess hm and crew skills not delivering the intended amount of items that they are supposed to deliver is honestly, crap but at least they didnt took the server offline wich is a good sign on their part, it means they evolved.

Lets hope in the next few days more patches will be deployed to fix the remaining bugs.

Perhaps they delivered the SLI fixes cause it was what they solved 1st, why they prioritize that is beyond me but it might be that its different departments and the SLI ones were the 1st ones to be fixed. Just my 2 cents anyay.

Edited by Kophar

Who cares if we have SLI or not? The fact remains they spent a week doing squat to address the problems for non SLI users. I'm seriously pissed off and on the verge of canceling due being unable to play.

As she/he is saying the patch did not work I was asking if she knew it cause she had sli. Calm down.

They fixed the most serious issue that everyone was susceptible (locked characters on ships). The SLI issue was probably an easy fix so they included that one as well. They are just prioritizing... and doing so pretty well as far as I can tell.

I know it sucks to be in that minority that is still experiencing issues (been there myself in other games) but Bioware has stated pretty clearly that they are working on it.

Edited by Skylerr

Iffffff your happy and you know it clap your hands!

No seriously though, if you folks are actually thinking about unsubbing or are in the final processes of unsubbing due to this sub-par patch, please sign this thread so Bioware gets a clear message.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5234700#post5234700

EDIT: Never mind, the carebears in the Customer Service department closed the thread. Typical. :rolleyes:

Edited by WillCaedes

No seriously though, if you folks are actually thinking about unsubbing or are in the final processes of unsubbing due to this sub-par patch, please sign this thread so Bioware gets a clear message.

Ahahahahah, they closed that thread. Well done BW! :p

They already have a thread on that topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966

It looks like they closed your duplicate.

As she/he is saying the patch did not work I was asking if she knew it cause she had sli. Calm down.

Don't effing tell me to calm the hell down. Sub par performance and I'm being forced to pay for this crap. They should have fixed it by now or rolled back their "optimizations" completely. ITS COMPLETE BS!

Don't effing tell me to calm the hell down. Sub par performance and I'm being forced to pay for this crap. They should have fixed it by now or rolled back their "optimizations" completely. ITS COMPLETE BS!

Forced? You are not being forced to do anything. If you want to cancel and get a refund there are much more effective channels for achieving that goal. Use them.

If you are just here to vent and not actually find a solution then I guess you can do that too... but you should expect a little criticism in the process.

Edited by Skylerr

Ahahahahah, they closed that thread. Well done BW! :p

Well done? Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHA! You see they can close the thread I really don't give a flying tauntaun at this point, but please bear in mind that doesn't stop me from taking my concerns to more public boards off the site, submitting negative reviews to Metacritic, or best of all, reporting them to the Better Business Buearu for shady and awful business practices.

Good game Bioware. Good game.:D

Forced? You are not being forced to do anything. If you want to cancel and get a refund there are much more effective channels for achieving that goal. Use them.

If you are just here to vent and not actually find a solution then I guess you can do that too... but you should expect a little criticism in the process.

Find a solution you say smart one? I've tried every single possible solution posted by users and posted by bioware nothing has done anything.

Find a solution you say smart one? I've tried every single possible solution posted by users and posted by bioware nothing has done anything.

You misunderstand me. I mean a solution to your subscription/payment issue. If you don't want a sub anymore and you think you deserve a refund then you should use the proper channels to find a solution. Billing agents do not use the forums. You are not being forced to pay/play for this videogame.

It sucks that you feel its come to that point... but you seem pretty adamant so I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. I know I wouldn't be happy if the game was unplayable for a week and I would certainly use the appropriate channels to cancel my sub (or get a refund). Seems pretty obvious to me. I might even complain a bit on the forums because I'm human too but I'd also be open to reasonable criticism for it (considering my complaints wouldn't actually help anything).

Edited by Skylerr

The Docs were right to leave BioWare because of the crude interaction and low class of the player/fan base. We are probably looking at the last days of an abundance of popular and budgeted PC games. The internet has just dumbed down the market too much, and created a foundation of unappreciative, self-entitled ego-maniacs who have no patience and no ability to communicate in respectful and constructive tones. People just whine and hate, as if that somehow helps the situation or provides useful feedback. I certainly wouldn't want to try and make a product for a bunch of whiney ******es. This game has a TON of problems, but if you look at stuff people complained about a few months ago, a lot of those have been fixed. There are still way too many bugs that have been around since launch, but the team has been undergoing some rough transitions as well. It's an imperfect situation, but the overall game is decent and they are working to improve it, even if it's not meeting our expectations. But, all they can do is either keep trying as they are, and make aims to become more efficient and timely (which they seem to be doing ), while communicating more often (which they seem to be attempting) — or, just give up on the game and shut it down. On our end, we can either support their efforts and try to save this game and improve it, or we can stop playing and move on. I don't see the point in just coming and whining like a 5 year old brat though. Do any of you have jobs in the real world? When there is a problem, do you come in and cry, whine and complain? Or do you take a more mature position and try to address the situation as an intelligent, reasonable and responsible individual? Grow up, guys. It's a game. It needs a lot of work. There are a ton of problems. Not one of them will be fixed by your immaturity. And, indeed, if you guys keep this up, you're only going to have games like Angry Birds to play. Nobody is going to want to work for you. You are being unlikeable and unappreciative and rude. But, keep it up, and then see how happy you are when you don't have any games to play at all — and maybe one day come to the realization it was your fault. That people like the Docs left BioWare because of people like you. Edited by Sledgeweb

The internet has just dumbed down the market too much, and created a foundation of unappreciative, self-entitled ego-maniacs who have no patience and no ability to communicate in respectful and constructive tones. People just whine and hate

That is not the case.

The truth is, that Bioware provided a really MEDIOCRE service, which they sold via subscription model on a market dominated by free 2 play products.

My own experience is, that is that Bioware literally took away A LOT of my playtime, by introducing performance related bugs, rendering the game unplayable for me.

First one was the framerate issue in 1.3.7 and took them TEN DAYS to fix.

Now they deployed 1.4 and completely broke Crossfire support. Today's patch supposedly fixed it, but only for Nvidia's SLI users.

That's just terrible coding, lack of QA (which was fired) and a substandard service.

Don't blame it on CUSTOMERS.

Unacceptable.

They have a PTS and players willing to find all of these bugs for them (for free I might add) and prevent horrible update releases like 1.4.

Why they do not utilize free labor to help put out a better product is beyond me.

Instead of using the PTS to track down and fix all (heck, even SOME) of the 50+ "known" bugs that appeared with update 1.4 they continue to release sub-par updates that breaks more than it adds.

We just now got a patch that does almost nothing for the vast majority of the customer base who are suffering from such a shoddy release, and addresses only two things.

I am still here...

I will continue to pay and play...

But it is things like this that will eventually cause me to walk away in disgust and look for greener pastures.

Except the only people who bothered to test on PTS in September were the hardcore guildies that only did it to beta and learn the new Ops, WZs, and game mechanics before everyone else. You could probably count on two hands the number of people who bothered to roll a new character and submit the other general bugs (they are the ones posting on this forum). Issues like the crew mission skill drop rate and GTN breaking were not even present on the 1.4 PTS to begin with (since the 1.4 PTS backend was built from scratch and not comparable to the production backends).