Here's Where We, The Community, Went Wrong

MilesTheFox

Perfection is in the detail. Not in a wast endgame experience. More content wont make me happy, more attention to detail might. Some things just seem not finished. Emotes seem done kinda lazy, no sitting on chairs, npc clones stand in groups, very limited character creation options. Nothing gamebreaking in itself, but some of it just seems lazy. Then add a lot of bugs, just like any game at launch, they just seem to stay longer in swtor than in most games.

I still play the game, and the basics seems good. But every time i do an emote or meet a group of clones i wonder why this game cost 300mill to develop. If class story was so resource demanding that other content were left unfinished, then maybe it was a bad idea. However, making the group of clones 3 different randomized troopers instead of 3 clones, shouldn´t be more costly. It just seems lazy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thread has gotten a touch off topic. Did the developers make mistakes? Sure, but this thread is to discuss where the community made mistakes.

And I do believe we made the mistake of becoming too excited adn setting our expectations impossibly high for the first year a game is out.

Expecting TOR to be both a sandbox and a themepark is to much. But thats what we did when we pointed to SWG, WOW and every Bioware game in the past.

Expecting Bioware to generate new stories every month is setting a breakneck work pace. These teams have been at work for how many years on this project? Let's give them a moment and see what they have planned in the long run for the game.

Bonus:

I hate to mention problems without suggesting solutions so here goes.

I suggest dividing up planets as "Theme park" story driven and "Sand box" open world, where users can help create the environment. Perhaps guilds can decoracte their own guild hall. It could be a group instance the same way story sections as accessable only to certain players. Something to give a bit more free reign to RP users. They dont need much except room to be creative.

Also I suggest establishing a way for users to send in flashpoint or mission ideas. Instead of asking the burnt out writers to keep fishing for ideas, let the community do it for you. Granted there will need to be some sort of structure to the submissions, but you could reward the best and most common submitters with in game rewards, or a month subscription. This would generate intrest in participating while also giving Bioware staff a slight break.

Sorry for the long post. Cheers! :w_big_grin:

So all the false advertisements about this being the next big thing put out by the original and now fired dev team are not to blame? It's all on us for believing a once reputable name in the video game industry?

If you have a beef with their marketing team, I very much doubt that your grievances will reach them if you air them here.

If you got infected by the excitement the people working on this game showed, that's nobody's fault.

If you don't like the game, that's fair. That's also a question of taste for which no blame can be assigned (whatever the "you're stupid for liking what I don't like" people may believe).

Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for both sides of a debate or discord to be partially (or even entirely) in the wrong. So, no, it isn't all on you. Coming in here and painting everything with a broad brush to try to turn it into an 'Us vs Them' situation does make you more a part of the problem than a part of the solution.