Characters you don't play anymore

Kltpxyzm

I wanted to play some Republic classes with my friends, so we rolled up on Jedi Covenant. I decide I'll take the healing class and go Scoundrel, making a Twi'Lek named Tenneus, aka the Good Captain.

Then my friends quit after 2 days. I let the Good Captain sit around a while and collect dust before finally deciding to make a name for him. I start playing again and get involved in flashpoints. After a while I start to become a pretty capable healer and eventually settle down into a nice guild. All is well; my guild mates are good, heroics are easy to queue up for and I'm always willing to stop what I'm doing to go help with a world boss. I actively recruit, donate to the guild bank, and give items I don't use or need to fellow guild members. After some time I finally roll around to my legacy.

Then one day I have to go visit family and lose internet for a weekend. I leave on Friday night and by the time I log back on the following Monday morning my guild leader has kicked me. I'm assuming he thought I was inactive (AFK period, from the mouth of our guild leader, was 5 days, not 3....), but no reason was every given.

Who's your character that you just don't play anymore? Why don't you play him?

Ah yes... And people ask why I am not in a guild.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a 50 on a server that I quit playing on. Server just went to trash. General chat was full of people that were more interested in making sex jokes than the game.

I have a 30-something on that same server on the Republic side, too, but since I found the Imperial side to be insufferable, I just decided to go server shopping.

So I played a few characters on a few servers, including getting a trooper up to 40-something before I finally found a server where I really, truly felt that the community was solid on both sides.

And then transfers, and ultimately server merges, happened and there went the neighborhood.

Anyway, I figure that I am on the server that I will play out my time in the game on.

I have spent enough time playing enough different classes and ACs to predict that only trooper and BH (barring any new classes/ faction alignments being introduced) will get any play from me beyond the class stories.

I am currently playing a JK, but I hate the mechanics and am not comfortable with the class; I have done minimal grouping because I do not want to drag anyone else down (or listen to a bunch of self-proclaimed experts tell me how I 'should' be playing), and that also includes warzones, which I have completely avoided.

I can only play one character at a time, so you can bet that it is going to be a character that I feel comfortable playing, and as of right now, trooper and BH are the only two that I am comfortable with.

Every other character is going to be a glorified bank/crafting alt.

Edited by Mithros

Who's your character that you just don't play anymore? Why don't you play him?

That sucks about getting kicked out of the Guild after less than a week of inactivity. Like someone else said: that's why I'm gunshy of joining a 'real' Guild.

I have two characters that probably qualify for your question:

1. Jedi Consular - She was a solo character, aka, the character I played when I wanted to play SWTOR and it wasn't one of the times I scheduled to play with someone else. I got her into Chapter 3 for the Legacy buff unlock but then stopped playing her because I might play her with someone else going forward. Maybe. Since that's up in the air, she's on hiatus.

2. Jedi Knight - She reached Level 50 and completed all the non-FP/Op content up through Ilum. I'm playing at the moment for the story, so, for all intents and purposes, she's "done". So, I've shelved her.

The other six, I touch at least once every two weeks, some more frequently than that.